Midlands Today report on CCFC/ACL tonight (2 Viewers)

J

Jack Griffin

I want to know if we can buy a trust tee shirt like CJ was wearing.. what a nice dark concealing colour, very suitable for a middle aged man fighting the flab like myself. :wave:

PS CJ is trust secretary, I'm informed..

On Monday 1st July 2013, the Board of the Sky Blue Trust will stage its Annual General of the Trust, to be held at The Squirrel Pub, Greyfriars Lane, Coventry, CV1 2GY starting at 7.30pm

So I guess that includes election of officers, natural leaders have their opportunity to step forward and seek election.

Last edited by a moderator:

psgm1

Banned
WOW erm I erm take erm it erm all erm back erm!

Seems erm the erm clique erm have erm found erm a erm natural erm for erm the erm tv erm.

Put erm his erm words erm across erm so erm effectively erm, I erm am erm surprised erm he erm hasn't erm got erm his erm own erm show erm!

With erm such erm eloquence erm I erm can erm see erm why erm they erm picked erm him!

Alternatively they could NOT have picked a less suitable agent to put their message across. Indee did he actually get ANY message across - OTHER than making sure ONCE AGAIN trying to make it seem ESSENTIAL that they have a place on the board. This seems at odds with around 99% of clubs whoc have survived for many decades without such self promoters.

And as for the forum being completely pointless - didn't the clique hijack them by asking pointless rambling rhetorical questions, rather than really stinging questions?

No sadly once more they have PROVEN how awful they truly are. It was so embarassing it was riveting. If CJ is the best they had to provide, then they are even WORSE than previously thought!

He couldn't even get their logo on clear view - crossing his arms so they covered half the badge! And these cretins want a place on the board! Whoever does get on the board, they should be able to bring something to the table. You only have to look at the evidence of your own eyes to see that NOT ONE of the clique is up to the task!

What a shambles!!!

J

Jack Griffin

OK, you stand up there in front of the cameras.. I'd like to see you make a twat of yourself.

SkyBlueSwiss

Seems erm the erm clique erm have erm found erm a erm natural erm for erm the erm tv erm.

Put erm his erm words erm across erm so erm effectively erm, I erm am erm surprised erm he erm hasn't erm got erm his erm own erm show erm!

With erm such erm eloquence erm I erm can erm see erm why erm they erm picked erm him!

Alternatively they could NOT have picked a less suitable agent to put their message across. Indee did he actually get ANY message across - OTHER than making sure ONCE AGAIN trying to make it seem ESSENTIAL that they have a place on the board. This seems at odds with around 99% of clubs whoc have survived for many decades without such self promoters.

And as for the forum being completely pointless - didn't the clique hijack them by asking pointless rambling rhetorical questions, rather than really stinging questions?

No sadly once more they have PROVEN how awful they truly are. It was so embarassing it was riveting. If CJ is the best they had to provide, then they are even WORSE than previously thought!

He couldn't even get their logo on clear view - crossing his arms so they covered half the badge! And these cretins want a place on the board! Whoever does get on the board, they should be able to bring something to the table. You only have to look at the evidence of your own eyes to see that NOT ONE of the clique is up to the task!

What a shambles!!!

Nick,
When are you going to add a dislike button please???????????????????????????????

CJ_covblaze

CJ doesn't strike me as a natural leader for our trust!! :facepalm:

I'm not the leader of the Trust. Just the man with the pen and laptop/phone. We have a board with a wide range of skills and abilities & we all gel well as a team.

When it comes down to my leadership qualities if you feel they are lacking that's your opinion and I respect that. No offence but the players I've played with and the people I employ all feel differently no doubt. Don't judge a book by its' cover.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

I'm not the leader of the Trust. Just the man with the pen and laptop/phone. We have a board with a wide range of skills and abilities & we all gel well as a team.

When it comes down to my leadership qualities if you feel they are lacking that's your opinion and I respect that. No offence but the players I've played with and the people I employ all feel differently no doubt. Don't judge a book by its' cover.

And some cojones.

psgm1

Banned
Oh how the brave trust trolls come out to defend the indefensible once more. Surely if you knew you were going on the telly, it makes sense to at least anticipate some of the questions. I'm assuming he wasn't just picked at random, or is he so sad that he wears a trust t-shirt everywhere he goes!

I'm sure they are going on the no publicity is bad publicity approach, because if this is the best they have - no wonder sisu haven't listened to a word they say! WHY WOULD THEY?

I'm assuming they have salesmen in their ranks, who do presentations for a living! Unless of course they were going for the startled deer look - in that case they did a grand job!

Roll on the abuse and then the "well we will still talk" BS!

Their pathetic PR campaign does bring a smile

@richh87

Oh how the brave trust trolls come out to defend the indefensible once more. Surely if you knew you were going on the telly, it makes sense to at least anticipate some of the questions. I'm assuming he wasn't just picked at random, or is he so sad that he wears a trust t-shirt everywhere he goes!

I'm sure they are going on the no publicity is bad publicity approach, because if this is the best they have - no wonder sisu haven't listened to a word they say! WHY WOULD THEY?

I'm assuming they have salesmen in their ranks, who do presentations for a living! Unless of course they were going for the startled deer look - in that case they did a grand job!

Shut up you prick!!!

We have a club dying here, and all some of your morons can do is attack the people trying to save it.

What the hell is wrong with you?!

dongonzalos

Mate

The future of our club is on a crack hairline on an ice sheet.

Yet you are obsessed with a couple of blokes, fellow fans the stranger who you hug when celebrating a goal in the stands, who give up their own time to try their best to give us a voice.

Give us a break, you purport to believe that the trust is a damp squid that can't have an influence. So why constantly attack a damp squid?

You have a switched on brain in there, can you please put it to some good use that everyone else would appreciate.

Have a look at

1) The council
2) ACL
3) Mr Byng
4) Any other bidder
5) Mr Appleton
6) the Football league
7) Mr Haskell
8) The judicial review

People who are currently (this minute) shaping and influencing the future of our club

SkyblueBazza

I'm on the fence when it comes to the trust - but with your persistent obsession about them I tend to be more sympathetic toward their cause.
You have put forward some pretty good posts on occasion - but ALL of them have been totally shadowed by your often incoherent ranting about the trust - so much so, sadly you have become famous for the obsessional rants rather than the constructive, rational comment you are capable of.

georgehudson

good point raised earlier, a 'dislike' button would be a useful addition to the site / forum,
there are thousands of people who truly care about OUR club, (sorry for the capitals if it offends),
nobody wants the demise of CCFC,
& we all should have the right to reply,
if TF didn't get the message about not moving then he is more obdurate, or controlled, than i thought,
equally ACL & CCC need to adopt a level of flexibility,
& further those who sit in judgement need to be fully aware of the situation,
CCFC want to play football & in Coventry,
PUSB

psgm1

Banned
And the clique coming out with someone who cannot string two sentences together is helping is it? Surely if they wanted to help the club, it would be helpful to have someone with a coherent plan! This is CLEARLY lacking in these people right now.

It's all very well and good getting in front of the camera, or on the radio - but WHAT PRECISELY are they doing with it? Rhetoric is pointless at this stage! They sight Swansea and Pompey as their role-models, but they are NOT doing ANYTHING like they did!

If the clique had raised the 10% of the debt as swansea trust did, OR they managed to raise the financing which pompey trust did FINE. But THEY ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING OF THE SORT ARE THEY!

How much money have they raised exactly? Swansea's debt was £1million - the fans raised £100k - therefore fair enough no argument they deserve at LEAST a 10% stake in the running of the club!

Ditto Pompey raised a significant portion ( via land deals TBF, but brought something to the table nonetheless).

No unless they have suddenly found 10% of the debt (stated as £70 million, but roughly 1/2 was written of when sisu came, that is roughly £35million in debt). So let's be generous and say they could arrange paying off the dabt at 10% (won't happen but give the benefit of the doubt). That means for the trust to be JUSTIFIED ANY position on the board, they should raise around £3.5 million towards the purchase of the club.

Now IF they achieve this, then fine, I have absolutely NO quarrel if they get a seat on the board, as they have brought something to the table. But their emissary came on the TV and said that the club MUST have fan involvement - my question is WHY? What experience do ANY of the trust have in running a football club?

I don't have a problem with ANY fans group having a say, but it is UNETHICAL AND IMMORAL for the trust to claim THEY should have a seat on the board! WHY ? Surely the London Fan club has just as much right - if not MORE as they have been around longer!

WHY is it that the trust who as part of their stated ethos is being open honest and democratic, after a vote where 99% of their membership said they would have NOTHING to do with sisu, turn around and say they would be happy to arbitrate? That is dictatorial NOT democratic!

AS for coherent ramblings - REALLY? And the trolls simply throwing out insults is intelligent debate is it? Surely if I am so utterly wrong, WHY have NOT ONE of the trust EVER been able to put forward a RATIONAL defence of their cause?

Prime example the forums. Now this was for ALL fans supposedly, yet by "coincidence" well over 70% of the questions were asked by trust members! Thing is when you take their claimed membership of 2000, then they roughly represent 20% AT MOST! Therefore when around 20 questions were given chance to be asked, it is nit unreasonable to expect the trust to only be allowed 4 questions if it was a GENUINE representation of all fans! Therefore it WAS NOT a true representation. Sure they MIGHT have asked similar questions, but the salient point is that because the trust HIJACKED proceedings, their voices were unable to be heard!

But this wouldn't have been so bad, had they not been rhetorical questions! By doing that all they did was allow TF to wriggle of te hook, and waffle through proceedings. Even your TV stooge had to admit the forums were a sham!

And what about the protests? It's all very well having these, but they undermine your argument if they are supported so underwhelmingly! (Even if NO board members turned up, less than 1% of the trust bothered to turn up!)

So I totally dispute the ascertion that the trust are trying to save the club. If they were all out trying to get funding to buy part of the club, THEN maybe they could be considered a force for good within the club.

Sadly right now, they have no coherent plan (these protests only started AFTER I raised the prominence of them NOT doing anything) - Don't believe me? Check the date I started criticising them on here - within 1 week they had a vote to see if they should have nothing to do with sisu or not!

True this MIGHT be a coincidence, but surely if they REALLY wanted to do this, they would have started the protests MONTHS ago - this trouble hasn't just started has it?

No the sad truth is that the trust are being reactive to criticism rather than proactive in trying to save the club. This is clearly evident in the slap dash organisation of actions right now.

Surely you aren't going to tell me that CJ was the BEST person to go on tv? Surely someone who had experience of such things would have been able to put across your sentiment in a more coherent manner! It just made you look indecisive - and THAT is the point!

When the priority has become more about getting better and bigger profile rather than going out there and DOING something for the club and ONLY the club, you have to question the entire ethos. After all they seem more concerned in trying to berate ME than do what they claim is their SOLE PURPOSE!

Every time one of their trolls attacks with just an insult without ANY argument they lose that argument - They PROVE what I have been saying all along!

And it's sad really because they have the potential if they had a board who KNEW what they were doing. Clearly these guys are utterly out of their depth.

I mean come on if you cannot organise a protest against THE most hated owners of the club, you have to question what is the point of them! Certainly if they are this incapable of affirmative action how on earth can they be expected to be involved in running the club!

They claimed at one stage (although I have seen little evidence) that they want a share issue for ALL fans. Great I cannot disagree with that - indeed I have called for that. Yet rather than do this - the DEMOCRATIC way, they are following the wording of supporters direct - THIS is where they have changed and THIS is why I so ardently feel the trust is NOT a force for good in the club.

They want the board seat for free - without doing ANYTHING to earn that position. This should NEVER be allowed. Either bring something to the table (money) or shut up. Quite frankly right now the trust exists for its OWN sake!

The REASON why I am attacking this "damp squib" is that there is the real worry that to please what they PERCEIVE to be the will of the fans, these people get that seat on the board. Had you seen what they came out when they started they went out of their way to say they didn't want to run the club, they didn't want to buy. This all changed once they spoke to supporter's direct!

Just look at what they have done since those meetings - How many fund raisers have they had? 1 film night attended by 27 people! Wow that is going to bring in the money for new players!

When they say outright they have NO intention of having a seat on the board without bringing money THEN maybe I will stop criticising. But they WILL NOT, as they are starting to believe their own hype that they are the voice of the fans - and that - they most surely ain't!

honestken

And the clique coming out with someone who cannot string two sentences together is helping is it? Surely if they wanted to help the club, it would be helpful to have someone with a coherent plan! This is CLEARLY lacking in these people right now.

It's all very well and good getting in front of the camera, or on the radio - but WHAT PRECISELY are they doing with it? Rhetoric is pointless at this stage! They sight Swansea and Pompey as their role-models, but they are NOT doing ANYTHING like they did!

If the clique had raised the 10% of the debt as swansea trust did, OR they managed to raise the financing which pompey trust did FINE. But THEY ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING OF THE SORT ARE THEY!

How much money have they raised exactly? Swansea's debt was £1million - the fans raised £100k - therefore fair enough no argument they deserve at LEAST a 10% stake in the running of the club!

Ditto Pompey raised a significant portion ( via land deals TBF, but brought something to the table nonetheless).

No unless they have suddenly found 10% of the debt (stated as £70 million, but roughly 1/2 was written of when sisu came, that is roughly £35million in debt). So let's be generous and say they could arrange paying off the dabt at 10% (won't happen but give the benefit of the doubt). That means for the trust to be JUSTIFIED ANY position on the board, they should raise around £3.5 million towards the purchase of the club.

Now IF they achieve this, then fine, I have absolutely NO quarrel if they get a seat on the board, as they have brought something to the table. But their emissary came on the TV and said that the club MUST have fan involvement - my question is WHY? What experience do ANY of the trust have in running a football club?

I don't have a problem with ANY fans group having a say, but it is UNETHICAL AND IMMORAL for the trust to claim THEY should have a seat on the board! WHY ? Surely the London Fan club has just as much right - if not MORE as they have been around longer!

WHY is it that the trust who as part of their stated ethos is being open honest and democratic, after a vote where 99% of their membership said they would have NOTHING to do with sisu, turn around and say they would be happy to arbitrate? That is dictatorial NOT democratic!

AS for coherent ramblings - REALLY? And the trolls simply throwing out insults is intelligent debate is it? Surely if I am so utterly wrong, WHY have NOT ONE of the trust EVER been able to put forward a RATIONAL defence of their cause?

Prime example the forums. Now this was for ALL fans supposedly, yet by "coincidence" well over 70% of the questions were asked by trust members! Thing is when you take their claimed membership of 2000, then they roughly represent 20% AT MOST! Therefore when around 20 questions were given chance to be asked, it is nit unreasonable to expect the trust to only be allowed 4 questions if it was a GENUINE representation of all fans! Therefore it WAS NOT a true representation. Sure they MIGHT have asked similar questions, but the salient point is that because the trust HIJACKED proceedings, their voices were unable to be heard!

But this wouldn't have been so bad, had they not been rhetorical questions! By doing that all they did was allow TF to wriggle of te hook, and waffle through proceedings. Even your TV stooge had to admit the forums were a sham!

And what about the protests? It's all very well having these, but they undermine your argument if they are supported so underwhelmingly! (Even if NO board members turned up, less than 1% of the trust bothered to turn up!)

So I totally dispute the ascertion that the trust are trying to save the club. If they were all out trying to get funding to buy part of the club, THEN maybe they could be considered a force for good within the club.

Sadly right now, they have no coherent plan (these protests only started AFTER I raised the prominence of them NOT doing anything) - Don't believe me? Check the date I started criticising them on here - within 1 week they had a vote to see if they should have nothing to do with sisu or not!

True this MIGHT be a coincidence, but surely if they REALLY wanted to do this, they would have started the protests MONTHS ago - this trouble hasn't just started has it?

No the sad truth is that the trust are being reactive to criticism rather than proactive in trying to save the club. This is clearly evident in the slap dash organisation of actions right now.

Surely you aren't going to tell me that CJ was the BEST person to go on tv? Surely someone who had experience of such things would have been able to put across your sentiment in a more coherent manner! It just made you look indecisive - and THAT is the point!

When the priority has become more about getting better and bigger profile rather than going out there and DOING something for the club and ONLY the club, you have to question the entire ethos. After all they seem more concerned in trying to berate ME than do what they claim is their SOLE PURPOSE!

Every time one of their trolls attacks with just an insult without ANY argument they lose that argument - They PROVE what I have been saying all along!

And it's sad really because they have the potential if they had a board who KNEW what they were doing. Clearly these guys are utterly out of their depth.

I mean come on if you cannot organise a protest against THE most hated owners of the club, you have to question what is the point of them! Certainly if they are this incapable of affirmative action how on earth can they be expected to be involved in running the club!

They claimed at one stage (although I have seen little evidence) that they want a share issue for ALL fans. Great I cannot disagree with that - indeed I have called for that. Yet rather than do this - the DEMOCRATIC way, they are following the wording of supporters direct - THIS is where they have changed and THIS is why I so ardently feel the trust is NOT a force for good in the club.

They want the board seat for free - without doing ANYTHING to earn that position. This should NEVER be allowed. Either bring something to the table (money) or shut up. Quite frankly right now the trust exists for its OWN sake!

The REASON why I am attacking this "damp squib" is that there is the real worry that to please what they PERCEIVE to be the will of the fans, these people get that seat on the board. Had you seen what they came out when they started they went out of their way to say they didn't want to run the club, they didn't want to buy. This all changed once they spoke to supporter's direct!

Just look at what they have done since those meetings - How many fund raisers have they had? 1 film night attended by 27 people! Wow that is going to bring in the money for new players!

When they say outright they have NO intention of having a seat on the board without bringing money THEN maybe I will stop criticising. But they WILL NOT, as they are starting to believe their own hype that they are the voice of the fans - and that - they most surely ain't!
ur round the merrygo tree lad!

CJ_covblaze

PSGM1 like the majority on here I don't normally bother replying to your posts however this time I'm going to give you 2 minutes of my time.

1. I've done TV/radio plenty of times in the past for various different reasons. Tbh yesterday I was wacked. Running two businesses, doing Trust stuff and then getting home to a 10 month old that's spent a third of his life in hospital and needs above the usual level of attention is tiring! If you feel like I let myself or the organisation I represent down due to lack of sleep and working stupid hours then I apologise.

2. One of the questions I asked was due to me being involved in the running of a football club and being involved lower down in two other clubs in the past.

3. Elsewhere on our board we have two former well respected figureheads of two local authorities. A club historian. Excellent financial and legal brains. Professionals with various other skills (media/PR, sales, marketing, team building, team leading ect).

4. Once again I ask, where have we ever said we want a seat on the board/shares for free?

5. Yes there were plenty of questions from Trust representatives. However after reading another thread many of the members of this forum would of been quite happy to let one of our reps continue with his questions for the remainder of the evening. However he didn't continue to ensure others had a chance.

Look forward to your answers/responses.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What a shambles!!!

So sorry tohave missed you had to go to bed. Just want to know what took you so long:wave:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

This is more like it the other one was a bit tame:p

By the way Coventry City you know them, are dying and people like you who could have joined the trust could have influenced BUT have spent all their time rubbishing them instead. So they have 2000 members but should have had 10000 whys that? Well we know about ,you the others well we have the ones "that are on the fence", the ones who are" waiting to see what they do" and basically all the others who collectively cant be arsed. So you keep posting :p

luwalla

wow.. if you put as much time & effort into something productive, you could be a millionaire by now!

simple_simon

What a shambles!!!

Dick Head!

Users who are viewing this thread