Mindhunter Netflix (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Just watched the first one, looks to have some potential.
Apparently Netflix have high hopes for it and have already commissioned a 2nd series.

Otis

Never heard of it and usually have my finger right on the pulse of all things Netflix. What's it about?

Otis

Hmmm, firstly I have to say I do like it, but I didn't enjoy the first initial episode. I am now on episode 3, but found the first one a bit plodding and drawn out and also at times seemed to portray itself as a comedy, so I found that confusing. Now we have witty lines, but it has set the tone, rather than it seemingly being played out in part as a comedy.

Weirdly enough, though I am a big fan of David Fincher I have have enjoyed the 3rd one (not directed by Fincher) much more than the first 2 which WERE directed by him.

Will definitely stick with it.

clint van damme

Hmmm, firstly I have to say I do like it, but I didn't enjoy the first initial episode. I am now on episode 3, but found the first one a bit plodding and drawn out and also at times seemed to portray itself as a comedy, so I found that confusing. Now we have witty lines, but it has set the tone, rather than it seemingly being played out in part as a comedy.

Weirdly enough, though I am a big fan of David Fincher I have have enjoyed the 3rd one (not directed by Fincher) much more than the first 2 which WERE directed by him.

Will definitely stick with it.

I've watched 2 and like the premise and I enjoy slow build ups.
Also read a book by Robert Ressler who was a pioneer of physiological profiling which I really enjoyed, (think his real life meetings with Ed Kemper may have inspired the ones in the program).
I don't think the witty lines were trying to portray it as a comedy but more show that Holden had a little bit of a more leftfield attitude to the other agents.

Otis

I've watched 2 and like the premise and I enjoy slow build ups.
Also read a book by Robert Ressler who was a pioneer of physiological profiling which I really enjoyed, (think his real life meetings with Ed Kemper may have inspired the ones in the program).
I don't think the witty lines were trying to portray it as a comedy but more show that Holden had a little bit of a more leftfield attitude to the other agents.
Yeah, I know, I get that. There is humour in every episode, but just for me that first episode appeared to be a comedy with some dramatic bits and every episode since, drama with some comedic bits.

It was just the tone. Holden still continues to be Holden, but I think the way it was directed in that first episode there was more emphasis on the comedy side of things and that took the main focus rather than the drama. I think since that first episode it has now got the balance just right.

clint van damme

Yeah, I know, I get that. There is humour in every episode, but just for me that first episode appeared to be a comedy with some dramatic bits and every episode since, drama with some comedic bits.

It was just the tone. Holden still continues to be Holden, but I think the way it was directed in that first episode there was more emphasis on the comedy side of things and that took the main focus rather than the drama. I think since that first episode it has now got the balance just right.

just google it, Holden is based on Robert Ressler.

Otis

I already knew of Ed Kemper. Quite fascinated by serial killers and have watched programmes such as Born to kill? etc.

I find it really interesting how the patterns of behaviour develop as these killers grow up and become the 'monsters' most people accept them to be.

clint van damme

"how do you become POTUS if you're a psychopath?"

"The question is how do you become POTUS if you're not?"
Very topical!

Users who are viewing this thread