'Minor' Olympic sports (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Was watching men's water polo but it could not hold my interest. Stupid sport. Silly hats. Now watching a women's rugby sevens match. Australia vs Fijii. Australia are the top team in the World. 36-0 to Australia at the moment. Australia are brutes, I would not want to play against them. I have to say Fijii has the ugliest women I've ever seen. All look like men and ugly men at that. Added a photo. Yes, they are all women believe it or not.
Fijii-womens-7.jpg

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I have watched more of this olympics than the London one already about half an hour. I find the olympics can take a great sport football and just make it unwatchable. I also can't stand Coe and if I only had one bullet would struggle to choose between him and Sepalla.

Otis

Was watching men's water polo but it could not hold my interest. Stupid sport. Silly hats. Now watching a women's rugby sevens match. Australia vs Fijii. Australia are the top team in the World. 36-0 to Australia at the moment. Australia are brutes, I would not want to play against them. I have to say Fijii has the ugliest women I've ever seen. All look like men and ugly men at that.
There's one woman in the GB team that looks just like a man. Not going to be cruel to her, cos I think she may have Alopecia.

She is really tall, really muscly and has a bald head.

Otis

There's one woman in the GB team that looks just like a man. Not going to be cruel to her, cos I think she may have Alopecia.

She is really tall, really muscly and has a bald head.
uploadfromtaptalk1470555916437.jpg

Heather Fisher.

When I first saw her I thought 'that's a man,' but fair play to her to go out there with no hair and appear in the Olympics.

Gazolba

<snip>

Heather Fisher.

When I first saw her I thought 'that's a man,' but fair play to her to go out there with no hair and appear in the Olympics.

Thighs like tree trunks. Must intimidate her opponents. They should call her Heather 'tree trunk' Fisher.

Gazolba

Rhythmic Gymnastics is really beautiful to watch. Not sure if it is in this Olympics though. Imagine if CCFC had players that could do this:
Foot-in-the-air.jpg

CJ_covblaze

That's Sydney.

Gazolba

GB playing Fijii at women's rugby sevens. GB leading 19-7 at the half. Fijii's try was amazing though. This is a really good sport. Almost constant action.

Final score 26-7.

USA vs NZ coming up next.

Last edited:

andrew.roberts

This is Abbie Brown from the GB sevens team. Very un Fijian looking, fortunately
15013931-large.jpg

stupot07

This is Abbie Brown from the GB sevens team. Very un Fijian looking, fortunately
15013931-large.jpg
On the flip side you have

7a52d46f46c6d7d3730a0a025640696f.jpg

And no, I don't mean her alopecia, i wouldn't take the piss out of that, I mean her mans body. She's built like a brick shithouse.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

andrew.roberts

Obviously not questioning the sexuality of quite possibly a fair few opponents, perhaps she's been thrown in as a distraction.
Seriously though, she is some player. Scored the first try last night against Fiji only seconds into the game

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Otis

On the flip side you have

7a52d46f46c6d7d3730a0a025640696f.jpg

An no, I don't mean her alopecia, i wouldn't take the piss out of that, I mean her mans body. She's built like a brick shithouse.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's what I was saying too. Wasn't making fun of her, just that on first viewing she looked just like a bloke.

Fair play to her too for not covering her head with a rugby head guard, which she could quite easily do to hide her condition.

Hope she's not on Twitter though. :(

Gazolba

Well NZ overpowered GB 25-7 in the semi-final of the women's rugby sevens. The bald-headed amazon did not help, she looked like peter pan next to the Maori behemoths. It did not help that GB had two players in the 'sin bin' at once thus 5 playing 7. NZ got three tries during this period. The most GB can get now is a bronze medal if they beat Canada - who will be no pushover.

Gazolba

"An upset here is going to send shock waves through the archery world" - Heard on Olympics TV coverage. Really, there is actually an 'archery world'?

Gazolba

Canada crushing GB in women's rugby sevens bronze-medal game 26-5 at half time. Canada got two tries while GB had a player off in the 'sin bin'.

33-10 final score.

Last edited:

James Smith

I don't really care about rugby normally but there's something about womens rugby that is strangely appealing. Can't stand the men's game but women going at each other in an attempt to get the ball is fun.

Nick

Administrator
Boxing on for me.

Dont really like the Olympic boxing, it is all tactical rather than having a scrap.

James Smith

Actually some of them aren't that bothered about the ball just having a go.
Canada are pulling us apart though. :(

Gazolba

GB defeated New Zealand 3-0.
So GB vs Netherlands in the women's field hockey final on Friday.
Should be a great match.

Gazolba

Tremendous win by GB in women's field hockey. They beat the hot favourite and winner of the past two Olympics the Netherlands.
3-3 after full time it went to a shoot out with GB winning 2-1.
This is the first ever gold medal for GB in women's field hockey.
GB-Field-Hockey.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread