MK Dons Away (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

in current parlance, i believe, certain persons are regarded as wum's,
perhaps it may be more pertinent to label them as attention seekers

Arseholes would be a more appropriate label.

I simply dont understand the likes of grendals argument. There saying its moraly wrong to go to MK, yet I've never once seen them say its wrong to go to sixfields.

Its an argument that doesn't make sense.

lordsummerisle

I simply dont understand the likes of grendals argument. There saying its moraly wrong to go to MK, yet I've never once seen them say its wrong to go to sixfields.

You seem to have a problem understanding hypocrisy.

Go to Sixfields and MK Dons, whilst I don't support it - Not a hypocrite

Go to Sixfields, but not MK Dons because they're a franchise club - Hypocrite

Not go to either Sixfields or MK Dons - Not a hypocrite.

Go to MK Dons but not Sixfields because you think that Sisu are trying to turn us into a franchise club - Hypocrite.

Possibly better illustrated with a Venn diagram of hypocrisy, but don't know how to do one on here.

Grendel

I think you are deliberately missing the point - its the irony of the vocal majority who raise issues of franchise football, selfishness, moving the club away at those who do attend but will gleefully go to a club whose whole heritage is based on all these things.

Ashdown1

Go to MK Dons but not Sixfields because you think that Sisu are trying to turn us into a franchise club - Hypocrite.

Possibly better illustrated with a Venn diagram of hypocrisy, but don't know how to do one on here.

Go on, you know you've got fuck all else to do?!

bigfatronssba

Grendel & Lordsummerisle, your argument only works on the basis that I should care as much about the old Wimbledon, and football in general, as I do about Ccfc.

I couldn't care less about football in general, I only care about Ccfc.

Were the AFC Wimbledon fans who attended the fa cup game against us hypocrites? Giving half their ticket money to a franchise club?

Hobo

I will try and explain Grendel's logic:

1 ACL are to blame for our clubs current mess.
2 People protesting on the hill aren't protesting they are just freeloaders to tight to buy a ticket.
3 The rest who stay away aren't protesting they are just apathetic. Yet on one thread Grendel alluded to the fact he/she had not been to Sixfields this year.
4 Coventry aren't a big club and have been useless for years and are at the level they deserve.
5 If you go to Wimbledon you are a hypocrite for supporting a MK Dons regime, despite the fact Wimbledon fans support Wimbledon and no longer give a toss about MK Dons.
6 Any form of protest against SISU is a farce, deluded and won't have any effect...revert to point 1.

Hope that helps.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Can't speak for anyone else but my view is:

Don't go to Sixfields because the only lever we have to persuade SISU to reverse their nonsensical policy of playing in Northampton is to reduce their income.

Go to MK to show that the mass support is still there for the club.

Now back to the important stuff - how many angels was it, that could dance on the end of that pin?

Ashdown1

I will try and explain Grendel's logic:

1 ACL are to blame for our clubs current mess.
2 People protesting on the hill aren't protesting they are just freeloaders to tight to buy a ticket.
3 The rest who stay away aren't protesting they are just apathetic. Yet on one thread Grendel alluded to the fact he/she had not been to Sixfields this year.
4 Coventry aren't a big club and have been useless for years and are at the level they deserve.
5 If you go to Wimbledon you are a hypocrite for supporting a MK Dons regime, despite the fact Wimbledon fans support Wimbledon and no longer give a toss about MK Dons.
6 Any form of protest against SISU is a farce, deluded and won't have any effect...revert to point 1.

Hope that helps.

I would certainly suggest it's a HE/SHE !

shmmeee

Nice strawman there. Who exactly is not going to Sixfields because they think Sisu are trying to turn us into a franchise club? Give us some usernames.

Joy Division

The big thing you are missing is that we are CCFC fans, its all about the club we love and support. People are not boycotting Sixfields for 'football in general' its about OUR club. This is where you are not understanding.

Houdi

Don't go to Sixfields because the only lever we have to persuade SISU to reverse their nonsensical policy of playing in Northampton is to reduce their income.

Now back to the important stuff - how many angels was it, that could dance on the end of that pin?

The argument of hypocrisy is really nonsensical. If people lived their life like that, they would effectively not be able to do anything. If people who oppose what SISU have done, wanted to be holier than thou, they would need not to subscribe to Sky, and indeed since the BBC pay for the right to broadcast CCFC matches, all fans in theory would have to not pay their TV licence fee, or forgo their supposed moral superiority.
Fans choose to boycott Sixfields because they want to send a clear message to SISU, its that simple. Most normal people oppose child labour, but it doesn't stop them shopping at stores that have probably bought goods from oversees factories, that have been found to use these workshops.

BurbageSkyBlues

For those interested....

I have just spoken to the MKDons box office, to chase up my tickets that were ordered on line a week ago. He explained the hold up being due to the decision over where to put us, pending the decision on the top tier being opened.

The top tier is definitely not opening for us.
We are being pushed around to the corners, my tickets in the north west corner, row V.
There are very few tickets left.
They are considering what to do about further applications, it sounds like a possibility that they may make more room in the lower tier around the corners...but this is subject to further discussion, and he gave no indication of how likely it would be.

Sorry if this is already known, but couldn't be bothered to wade through pages and pages of the same old arguments that do not reflect the OP's intent.

See you all there, PUSB :)

Not go to sixfields but go to milton keynes as we want ccfc back in cov, what do you call those fans?

I think you are deliberately missing the point - its the irony of the vocal majority who raise issues of franchise football, selfishness, moving the club away at those who do attend but will gleefully go to a club whose whole heritage is based on all these things.
What about the silent majority who are not going to sixfields and are going to milton keynes. They will be the bulk of supporters there, how are you going to comment on them.

dongonzalos

What do you call the majority of people who don't go to Sixfields as they have an issue with us playing there and don't think it is anything to do with franchising. That will go to the MK Dons

dongonzalos

Do the vocal majority go on about us becoming a franchise club?
I have not heard it mentioned that much by the majority. Must people understand that that is no longer possible.
The majority believe SISU want the Ricoh.

dongonzalos

You will find that the majority who don't go to Sixfields share this opinion

lordsummerisle

Nice strawman there. Who exactly is not going to Sixfields because they think Sisu are trying to turn us into a franchise club? Give us some usernames.

This just from two threads, good one at the end though.

I did tell you to keep a file of your comments..

ccfcway

Interesting to read NTFC fans disillutioned with their club and have been or are considering watching Cov, especially given the current results.

The franchaise getting ever closer with SISU getting their mitts on the Sixfields ?

Wiganskyblue

This is something I feared from the outset; it seems it is happening sooner than anyone imagined. Cardoza was warned, get into bed with SISU and take the consequences. Franchise FC Mk II to be formed by a merger of NTFC with CCFC - this could be on the cards as a long term aim.

Really really hope I'm wrong

Bill Glazer

Why do you say that? A CCFC/NTFC merger and franchise looks possible to me. Why wouldn't it happen?

Jesus wept

Don't rule out a franchise :
A couple of weeks ago I was in a group of chaps at a function and the sisu subject cropped up, one of these chaps, intelligent, good talker and what he said was worrying. He seemed "in the know" to certain extent and what he said made sense. First thing he said was the Walsall rumour was a clever ruse from Fisher and never going to happen, it was always Northampton, the problem sisu had was the 30+ miles away from Coventry. They got over that by threatening to close the club down completely and left that threat to the last minute giving the Football League a real headache. So it got rubber stamped and off to Sixfields we went. What he said next is the most worrying aspect. They,
SISU/Fisher, really have their eyes on the vacant Nene Park at Rushden, 10 miles from Northampton, 45 from Cov. He climed they will time it perfectly to again give the FL/FA another headache he predicted that will happen this season.. They see Rushden as the perfect base, has a resident football fanbase, and a suitable vacant ground, why build one when you can buy one. They have the cost which we all know the million quid bond, that's it really.

He also said two other things, that there is someone high up in the FL or FA marking their card so to speak (allegedly) no surprise there and the Northampton chairman is very much a part of this plan (again allegedly) he said NTFC who are basically skint and living hand to mouth will be dumped by him ,he keeps feeding the NTFC fans titbits and promises but these are pie crust promises. Now all this could be speculation and total bollox but he was very convincing. If true how can it be stopped ?

I can't see how it can to be honest.

OSB

Is a franchise possible? yes (no matter what the FL rules say - remember at discretion of the Board)....... is it likely ? no idea at the moment only time will tell. How long ago was Brody going on about Franchises and franchise players, was that just americanism's ? Are links with a lot of fans being broken ? Are the club engaging with the local community in Coventry ? Is there a big presence in Coventry? Is the academy assured anywhere in Coventry? How difficult is it to change the trading name of a comany rather than its actual name (Otium trading as CCFC as we now are instead of CCFC Ltd )? Just questions and I have not made my mind up on any as yet

Final thought by the time they did this there will be a hard core of fans proving that they will travel to Sixfields, whats an extra 10 miles to Nene Park for instance? the search area could be at least a circumference of 34 miles and I am sure the bond could be alleviated because it was everyone elses fault. Are the club proving something ? or is it just necessity

I would not rule anything out right now ...... however unlikely you might think it is...... keep an open mind

Plan A is still the Ricoh but ......

GPE

Sisu returning to the Ricoh - low probability
Sisu building a new stadium - low probability, they don't have the funds for the build or losses to completion, or the market, or planning permission

So what is left for CCFC to return to Coventry? Sisu selling up.

If they don't sell up there is a reasonable chance we will stumble into a franchise model almost by default.

longjohnskyblue

What happens when sisu come back to them saying the ricoh is no longer available? The FL couldn't give a monkeys about the club, only fixtures have to be fulfilled! If it means fixtures get played they will allow an "exception" to the franchise rule.

Ooh, look who it is??

shmmeee

He does keep saying "Coventry area" though. I'd like some kind of concrete example of the boundaries here.

I think what most are worried about is that the president the FL have set is "tell us you'll liquidate the club and we'll do anything you say". Clarke says as much.

The franchise thing: one one side: where other than Coventry would support a new League team? On the other: wouldn't a valueless club with no fixed location be more valuable than one tied to one city?

I don't think "the FA won't allow it" is an answer, they've shown and admitted they have absolutely no power over clubs doing what they want.

dongonzalos

This just from two threads, good one at the end though.

I did tell you to keep a file of your comments..

ccfcway

Wiganskyblue

Bill Glazer

Jesus wept

OSB

GPE

longjohnskyblue

Ooh, look who it is??

shmmeee

Bloody hell good work Lord I take all these quotes have these people saying I refuse to go to Sixfields as SISU intend to turn us into a Franchise club.
You have argued your point very very well, if they do.

However if non of them say that. Then I feel you have dredged up a load of quotes that mention the word Franchise and contribute very little to the debate.

lordsummerisle

Bloody hell good work Lord I take all these quotes have these people saying I refuse to go to Sixfields as SISU intend to turn us into a Franchise club.
You have argued your point very very well, if they do.

However if non of them say that. Then I feel you have dredged up a load of quotes that mention the word Franchise and contribute very little to the debate.

They are all people who say that they are not going to Sixfields, and all seem to think that Cov are being turned into a Franchise club, but don't seem to think it's a good thing?

I think i see what you mean though, they obviously all support franchise clubs, but not if it's Coventry?

A bit like Thatcher and Reagans huge support of Trade Unions in the '80's, but only in Poland.

bigfatronssba

Then if all fans have that attitude, CCFC and footbakll will drown in a sea of self-interest.

CCFC NEEDS football in general.

I think it already has.

What has anyone else done to help us?

dongonzalos

They are all people who say that they are not going to Sixfields, and all seem to think that Cov are being turned into a Franchise club, but don't seem to think it's a good thing?

I think i see what you mean though, they obviously all support franchise clubs, but not if it's Coventry?

A bit like Thatcher and Reagans huge support of Trade Unions in the '80's, but only in Poland.

No I don't think you see what I mean.

I mean it looks like somewhere on here there was a debate about if it is possible if Cov could become a Franchise club. It looks like they have discussed this and don't think it would be a good thing as Cov would not be coming back to Cov.

However nowhere has any of them said I refuse to go to Sixfields as we are or may become a Franchise club.

You have researched and found times where they have mentioned the word Franchise.

I think if you ask each one of them I am sure they will tell you that probably did not come into their thinking when they decided to not attend Sixfields. Thus they will not be hypocritical if they attend the MK Dons.

M&B Stand

MK Seating plan.jpg Meanwhile back on thread. Bored at work so.... From what I can make out on here, if the telegraph's reported allocation of 6400 is correct, the segregation currently would be on blocks 22 and block 1 at a guess. Should be decent.

Joy Division

View attachment 3065Meanwhile back on thread. Bored at work so.... From what I can make out on here, if the telegraph's reported allocation of 6400 is correct, the segregation currently would be on blocks 22 and block 1 at a guess. Should be decent.

When Sheffield United visited them with their 6,000+ support, the segregation was on blocks 22 and 1.

Edit: Sorry, I meant segregation was on 21 and 2.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

BurbageSkyBlues

Ashdown1, I pm'd you, but not sure if it went ok, as I was on the train.

Did you used to be 'ashdown' ...... ie without the '1'.....?

Where abouts are you then?

ohitsaidwalker king power

In your mini DOE where: Sixfields, MK are the primary factorials to disprove a hypothesis you omit:

Those that go to Sixfields despite objecting to the ground share.
Those that go to MK but do not think SISU want to franchise CCFC- merely to capture the Ricoh Freehold.

Last edited:

Mr T - Sukka!

Make no mistake this sends out a very big fuck off to SISU and there moronic Northampton plans.

More are traveling to away than Northampton. Facts no one can argue.

Big Chris

Got my ticket in the post today. SERIOUSLY excited to be a part of the big 'away day'.... Also looking forward to future trips to Swindon and Bristol City....

skybluelee

Make no mistake this sends out a very big fuck off to SISU and there moronic Northampton plans.

More are traveling to away than Northampton. Facts no one can argue.

Bit more than just 'more', '4-5 times more'. If sisu still don't recognise that they can't bully us into following them blindly they never will.

Pusb

Users who are viewing this thread