Moral Dilemma (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

So, I recently ordered some sporting goods from a cycling web store.....

...I've previously received some poor service & advice from this seller, but I still use them every now & then as they do great deals...

My latest order was for approx. £150 worth of kit.....I also paid extra for next day delivery.....they fucked it up & shipped the order incomplete.

I phoned them & told them it wasn't the first time & they kindly rectified it by sending out the missing items on a FOC next day delivery.

The thing is, they also re-shipped the kit I had already received: Net result, I've currently got about £120 worth of free goods....my C/C hasn't been billed extra & the delivery note for the duplicate stuff doesn't actually mention the extra goods received.

Do I just keep it all & count this as a lucky plus in the world of e-shopping......lets face it, we've all had lots of unhappy minuses.....

Or do I phone them, tell them & get them to collect the duplicate items?

This is not a massive tax-avoiding multinational company.....they work on quite tight margins.....the order picker/packer could, I suppose, get in some shit either way.

What would you do?:confused:

wingy

...I've previously received some poor service & advice from this seller, but I still use them every now & then as they do great deals...

My latest order was for approx. £150 worth of kit.....I also paid extra for next day delivery.....they fucked it up & shipped the order incomplete.

I phoned them & told them it wasn't the first time & they kindly rectified it by sending out the missing items on a FOC next day delivery.

The thing is, they also re-shipped the kit I had already received: Net result, I've currently got about £120 worth of free goods....my C/C hasn't been billed extra & the delivery note for the duplicate stuff doesn't actually mention the extra goods received.

Do I just keep it all & count this as a lucky plus in the world of e-shopping......lets face it, we've all had lots of unhappy minuses.....

This is not a massive tax-avoiding multinational company.....they work on quite tight margins.....the order picker/packer could, I suppose, get in some shit either way.

The right thing:)

Ashdown

Yeah, tell them to collect it at their charge. We had an issue with our bookies a year ago, the young lad paid us £180 when it should have been about £18. We checked out what the pay out should have been online, procrastinated for a while, then took the extra back. It's our local bookies and the staff were frantically trying to discover why they were short as they were cashing up. The staff would have been either liable to pay or under deep suspicion ! Could have done with the cash but not the bad conscience !

Covstu

Depends on what it is!!

If it was a additional tube or something i would have said keep it but it sounds as if its quite significant so do the right thing.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember years ago, one of my early jobs was in Burtons clothes shop (when it was at the top of Broadgate c1970). On my first day the manager sent me upstairs to fetch something. When I got there, on the floor was a £5 note - a lot of money in 1970! - so I picked it up and thought about it. Sod it, I decided, I'd hand it in. That act kept my job. It had been put there as a test by the manager! He told me a while later that if I had kept it, I would have had to undergone a search and he had written the serial number down so he would have known it was the same fiver! I would have been instantly dismissed! Anyway, I didn't stay there long - about a week! I didn't like the way he operated with his staff!

dancers lance

I ordered a Smeg dishwasher online a few years back (worth over £600) when it turned up it had a huge dent on the side so was sent back with the driver and a new one was delivered the next day.

A couple of days later I returned home from work and there was another one sitting on my doorstep, so I rang them, they at first denied they had delivered it, then they said "sorry our mistake, when is it best we collect" .............they never turned up.

The day after, I get home from work and there is another one sitting on my doorstep, along with an apology note for not delivering a replacement after I sent the original one back? and a £50.00 voucher (for my inconvenience) after many phone calls and about 2 months of failed pick ups, I sold them on Ebay.

Otis

I would say keep it, but unfortunately the owner of the store is a city fan and posts on here.

smileycov

Facebook User
give it back, too much shit in this world as it is.
hopefully they send you something as a thank you

Users who are viewing this thread