Morecambe away (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

For those thinking of going train tickets currently £20 adult and £10 junior with Virgin, not a bad price at all.

oucho

Considering going by jet ski. Will have to check the tide times as can only do it during high tide.
You can also get the ferry there (well, to Heysham, down the road) from the Isle of Man, Dublin or Belfast. True but useless.

CJ_covblaze

Fair play to anyone that goes to this. Bit of a mission and a bit of a grim place!

Not the best but it's a far more appealing place to visit than Blackpool. Can never understand why anyone likes going there.

skybluegod

Went to the league cup defeat their about 7/8 years ago that was one of the grimist City away days I've ever been on!

My first away game that was... terrible game, but had some drunk idiot and his wife shouting a load of abuse all game behind me, which gave me a laugh
'Bell, bell, bellend you're shit'
'Wood, wood, wood, you're shit'
Or the scream from his wife of 'break his legs'
Then went last season for the Fa cup game, which was just as bad! Played like utter shit, that day too, but somehow scraped a draw.
Only good thing about the place is the fish and chips.
Won't be making the mistake of going this year based on previous experiences.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

My first away game that was... terrible game, but had some drunk idiot and his wife shouting a load of abuse all game behind me, which gave me a laugh
'Bell, bell, bellend you're shit'
'Wood, wood, wood, you're shit'
Or the scream from his wife of 'break his legs'
Then went last season for the Fa cup game, which was just as bad! Played like utter shit, that day too, but somehow scraped a draw.
Only good thing about the place is the fish and chips.
Won't be making the mistake of going this year based on previous experiences.

Was it under Boothroyd?
2 things I remember from the match were Colin Doyle's one and only appearance and Clarke-Harris coming on to be city's youngest ever player!

vow

Only good thing about the plaice is the fish and chips.
Edited for you!
plaice_16x9.jpg

oucho

Morecambe's a nice place if you visit it properly. My godparents live there.

skybluegod

Was it under Boothroyd?
2 things I remember from the match were Colin Doyle's one and only appearance and Clarke-Harris coming on to be city's youngest ever player!

Yeah under Boothroyd, a complete team of second teamers plus bell and wood I think.
Then you had the likes, of Roy O'Donovan, Grandison, A young Cyrus Christie etc. was not a good day.

skybluegod

Yeah I thought it was weaker than that! Was definitely loads of changes to the strongest league side at the time I'm sure there was!

Yeah for sure.
A lot different from the first team, we still had Keogh, Craine, Westwood, Turner, Cameron, Doyle, Clingan, Eastwood, Jutkiewicz and sheffers, all from the first team still missing.

vow

Yeah for sure.
A lot different from the first team, we still had Keogh, Craine, Westwood, Turner, Cameron, Doyle, Clingan, Eastwood, Jutkiewicz and sheffers, all from the first team still missing.
Which Doyle do you mean, the Keeper or Michael?

Astute

Well I'm going by Hovercraft!
I live on the other side of Morecambe bay. I can see Morecambe but it takes nearly 2 hours to drive there. How about you?

vow

Think it also coincided with our massive slump in results didn't it?
Also thinking back, Marlon King was joined that season, didn't he?
King joined us that season, yes.
I guess you could say it was coincidence, but I'll put that down to Bothroyd being manager!

skybluegod

I guess you could say it was coincidence, but I'll put that down to Bothroyd being manager!

Tbf weren't we 5th halfway through December?
And then suddenly the slump to end all slumps happened and we won I think it was 1 game in the next 23?

Adge

I live on the other side of Morecambe bay. I can see Morecambe but it takes nearly 2 hours to drive there. How about you?
Na, just being an arse! Live just outside Stratford squire.

wingy

I'd consider the boardroom too.
Kings signing was very protracted also.
Instability behind the scenes following a very healthy first half of that season.
Not pretty but effective grinding out results.

Reactions: vow

vow

Tbf weren't we 5th halfway through December?
And then suddenly the slump to end all slumps happened and we won I think it was 1 game in the next 23?
I'm not sure where we were in Dec. tbh, I remember us being hard to beat and getting the ball out to the wingers asap, very direct, top half of the Championship until Nov/Dec.
Then as you say, it went tits up big time until the end of the season and Thorn stepped in.

Also as wingy points out, the board didn't help matters, sold Juke in January too, I think?

Terry Gibson's perm

Looking forward to it my nephew is on loan at Morecombe so it should be easier to get a pass out to watch him.

Users who are viewing this thread