Morecambe in the Carling Cup (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully should go there and give them a hammering, nice run out for our new players hopefully :)

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Not seen the draw,but i'd have thought that stands chance of being televised.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Morecambe are also trying to build a new ground in time for the 2010/11 season as they have sold their old ground to Sainsburys. If Morecambe build this ground in time and play away in their first league game (fixtures out tomorrow) then we will have the honour of being the first team to play at their new ground so they could be well up for the game possibly pushing it towards a televised match as trev says. Shame it's gonna be a midweek game though, makes it harder for me to get to!!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Morecambe are playing away in their first League fixture so we are going to be the first team to play a competitive match at their new ground, should spice things up a little bit as they will be desperate to win their first game at their new ground and Aidy has said he wants to go there and play his best team to get a result and he is out to prove himself to us Cov fans... Not sure when the chance to go to Morecambe will come about again so I will be hopefully booking some time off work to go to this one and get another ground ticked off the list!

Anyone else thinking of going up to this one? If we take a good support the ground should be full as I'd imagine the home ends will sell out for the first game there.

smileycov

Facebook User
Without being funny, is Morecambe a seaside town? fancy a bit of that myself. shall we have a SBT meet up by the sea!!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Without being funny, is Morecambe a seaside town? fancy a bit of that myself. shall we have a SBT meet up by the sea!!

Yep, tis indeed. I will be hopefully booking some time off and going up to Blackpool's theme park while I'm up that way :) Might as well seeing as we most likely won't be playing Blackpool this season..

Nick

Administrator
One of their players is from Beduff, Craig Stanley.

Only seen him play once and he got nutted and rolled around like a fag!

smileycov

Facebook User
Nick, you fancy organising a meet up, would be good to put faces to user names haha!!
first away trip of the season, lets enjoy and put on a show!!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I thought we could maybe take a walk along the beach and then have our photo taken in one of them pictures that you put your head in :)

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
I wish I could make this game!!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
The people building Morecambe's new Globe Arena have told the club to cancel the friendly games they had lined up because they need more time to finish the ground. I think the first official game at the new ground was going to be against Preston in a pre-season friendly but now they have been cancelled we are going to be the very first team to play there. Should make it a cracking game, will many Sky Blues make the trip up? Nice to be involved in making a bit of history, even if it's more about the other club :)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Is anyone on here going to this game? I heard that you can only buy tickets for the standing up stand on the day of the game... I want to go into this bit but I'm afraid I'd get there and not get in and I'd imagine that if there is a standing up section they would be more strict about standing in the seated stand... Anyone know how many we will probably take up for this one, are we likely to sell our allocation?

Indeed - the ground build has been a disaster for the fans towards the end. Friendlies were arranged and then two weeks before the club announced the ground wouldn't be ready. You guys will be the first to play and of course we get a chance to see our old boy Carl Baker.

Hope those that come enjoy the day.

Mick Dennison
www.yorkhotelmorecambe.co.uk

Clive

Will be there with my son and 4 friends. We live in Burnley Lancs and my friends are Burnley Fans BUT after years of torture are adopting the mighty CCFC as thir 2nd Club. We have the tickets, can't wait!!

Nick

Administrator
If it is the first game at their new ground, lets not give them a night to remember :)

Will be there with my son and 4 friends. We live in Burnley Lancs and my friends are Burnley Fans BUT after years of torture are adopting the mighty CCFC as thir 2nd Club. We have the tickets, can't wait!!

Burnley eh! We had a great pre-season game with them last season and it was a full side: fair play. Most bigger sides would send reserves to places like Morecambe. Now I hope you dont send yours!;)

Don't forget to pop in for a pint at the York beforehand.

Got the schedule sorted out for the Football special Bus from the York Hotel.

First run at 6.45pm.

Best bet is to get coaches to drop off at the pub then drive round to the ground (doorman will give directions). Mini Busses can park around the streets here.

It's actually only a 12 min walk so anyone feeling fit can stroll down to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread