Match Thread Morecambe v Coventry Match Thread - Sunday 6th Nov (1 Viewer)

hill83

Better second half but still shit

James Smith

Well that's a relief, roll on the replay.

clint van damme

Why can't any of our players kick the ball high from set pieces? Always hits the first man.
if you find anyone who can answer that question could you also ask if they know why half our team can't pass to a team mate when he's 5 yards away?

Nick

Administrator
if you find anyone who can answer that question could you also ask if they know why half our team can't pass to a team mate when he's 5 yards away?

I haven't played for years, I reckon I could put a corner near enough on the pen spot every time after a couple of hours practise.

stupot07

Very poor all round. Burge MOTM for the second game running.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pipehitterz

At least we're in the draw for next round.
Means now tho we have 6 games in 3 weeks . would imagine replay being between Scunthorpe and Oxford games.
Will the bigi back in the middle too so would think we'd beat them at home
Draw tomorrow night around 7ish

SkyBlue_Bear83

I haven't played for years, I reckon I could put a corner near enough on the pen spot every time after a couple of hours practise.
Players try to be too clever with corners and set pieces now days.

I'm sure nearly all our players could do the same if they wanted to, but players want to put in the perfect corner whipping it in with pace, bend and swerve and get it wrong.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Can't wait for the replay.....

Be a cold Tuesday (I hope as I hate cancelling plans I have on Wednesdays :))

Not many of us will be there. And can't imagine Morecombe will bring many either

Agree Burge again MOTM. But also highlight his saves aren't conventional; sometimes it's worrying what he does tho keep the ball out but the main thing is he keeps it out.....

I'm guessing (with assistance from the chap I sat next to) that Maycock was chosen today to allow for him to to play on Wednesday without us having to worry about the rules for the CATT? With him finishing today?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Players try to be too clever with corners and set pieces now days.

I'm sure nearly all our players could do the same if they wanted to, but players want to put in the perfect corner whipping it in with pace, bend and swerve and get it wrong.

Their set pieces especially the first half ones so show you don't have to do anything fancy.

CJ_covblaze

Terrible game. They were shit. We were worse. When Reid went off for McBean we did look slightly better but were still chasing the game.

Wright ducked out of the way of the ball when he was meant to be defending a corner and that was the most he moved all day. Lameiras managed to hit a one man wall with a free kick and didn't do anything else significant. Sterry's goal was superb. Couldn't have hit it any better. Another good performance from Burge. Sordell tried but it just didn't work for him. Reid might as well have stood on the terrace with us.

Replay will probably be the same night as the Spain game so pleasingly I won't be going!

mark82

Overall poor performance. Couple of positives, thought both McBean and Maycock looked decent players. Hopefully they will get another chance to show what they can do in the not too distant future.

ccfcway

Overall poor performance. Couple of positives, thought both McBean and Maycock looked decent players. Hopefully they will get another chance to show what they can do in the not too distant future.

both likely to play midweek I suspect

covcity4life

It's the fact cup tho. prem teams can go out to.non league. let's not dwell too much on this

Win home replay and we are step closer to Wembley and the Europa league

Tonylinc

I think those that say "we can now concentrate on the league", after a cup defeat are simply consoling themselves. No
Fully expect them both to start on Wednesday.

Sky Blue Kid

Burge had a great game, kept us in it in the first half, good second half too. Sterry good going forward, but couldn't defend against a very fast and skillful winger. Lamieras had a decent game showing his skills getting forward. Andre Wright was woeful and looks way overweight and slow. Overall first half was gash. Second half was a vast improvement When McBean came on. I like the look of the style of play, but he needs to shed a few pounds. Held the ball up brilliantly and is (When fit) going to be a great addition to this squad. The much used term of... A game of two halves comes to mind. We will however need to play a lot better than today if a promotional fight is going to be what the fans want.

Users who are viewing this thread