Match Thread Morecambe v Coventry Match Thread - Sunday 6th Nov (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

We ain't playing well, but not losing thankfully. Somehow beat Rochdale and Chesterfield but we need big improvement we won't always be getting away of it. Venus seems to be torn as to what system to play needs to decide one and stick to it

skybluejelly

I went back in the bar at the ground after the game. Some of them were raving about Burge. They were in agreement that he was clearly MOTM. We was very lucky to escape with a draw. Then they had a supporters meeting. But will save that for another day. Not all good at Morecambe. Should be in bed by now.

Still not seen the Sterry goal. Was in the toilets under the stand when we scored with my little boy.

Highlights are on bbc sports page ..in the match report

stupot07

Opinions, opinions, & not sniping @ posters on here,
imho,
Burge - good all round performance 7/10
Sterry - slightly rocky 1st half but vastly better 2nd, good goal !! 7/10
D. K-Evans - reasonable control & was up against some physical stuff 6/10
Turnbull - as solid as one could expect, 6/10
Willis - he too coped reasonably with the strong arm tactics 7/10
Rose - good box to box play for the whole game 7/10
Lameiras - a pity that when he gets scythed down (counted 5 times), sfa is done 6/10
Sordell - troubled their back line, just wish he'd have more shots, @ goal that is 7/10
Reid - had a stinker, so good last week, yet just not on it today 4/10
Wright - looked threatening on the left but not @ c/f 6/10
Stevenson - worked well with Rose & got clog from their henchmen 7/10
McBean - a bustler who knows where the goal is, feed him & he will score 7/10
Maycock - another product of our academy who, once in sync with our play will blossom 6/10
In summation, we can play much much better than we did, & providing the officials wise up to the neanderthal tactics employed by their w's Winnard, Willdig & Whitmore & a few of the others, we should be able to progress.
p.s. If my memory serves me correctly, that ref Andy Haines, wasn't he the one who thought Adam Chambers tackle on Madders, that put him out for 3+ months, was perfectly ok ?
Had a chat with some of their fans afterwards & we agreed that he scaled new depths of ineptitude 2/10
PUSB
Opinions, opinions, la la la
They are very generous marks, apart from burge who was easily MOTM - 9/10.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluegod

Opinions, opinions, & not sniping @ posters on here,
imho,
Burge - good all round performance 7/10
Sterry - slightly rocky 1st half but vastly better 2nd, good goal !! 7/10
D. K-Evans - reasonable control & was up against some physical stuff 6/10
Turnbull - as solid as one could expect, 6/10
Willis - he too coped reasonably with the strong arm tactics 7/10
Rose - good box to box play for the whole game 7/10
Lameiras - a pity that when he gets scythed down (counted 5 times), sfa is done 6/10
Sordell - troubled their back line, just wish he'd have more shots, @ goal that is 7/10
Reid - had a stinker, so good last week, yet just not on it today 4/10
Wright - looked threatening on the left but not @ c/f 6/10
Stevenson - worked well with Rose & got clog from their henchmen 7/10
McBean - a bustler who knows where the goal is, feed him & he will score 7/10
Maycock - another product of our academy who, once in sync with our play will blossom 6/10
In summation, we can play much much better than we did, & providing the officials wise up to the neanderthal tactics employed by their w's Winnard, Willdig & Whitmore & a few of the others, we should be able to progress.
p.s. If my memory serves me correctly, that ref Andy Haines, wasn't he the one who thought Adam Chambers tackle on Madders, that put him out for 3+ months, was perfectly ok ?
Had a chat with some of their fans afterwards & we agreed that he scaled new depths of ineptitude 2/10
PUSB
Opinions, opinions, la la la

So all but one of the players get a 6+ for managing to barely scrape a draw with Morecambe?

clint van damme

At the match, he certainly didn't look fat to me, might be wrong.

it might just be his body shape but he looked fat on the stream I was watching though if you were at the game then you were better placed to see what shape he was in than I was.

chinamans view

We all know that there is work to be done in the transfer window, this team is still very frail and we are riding our luck a bit at the moment

Gint11

I know we've scraped a draw away at Morecambe which on paper is embarassing but it is the FA Cup so these games tend to be difficult. The fact we haven't been at our best and still in the cup is good enough for me. Although I agree, having the replay is a game we probably didn't want. Anyway we move on.

georgehudson

In the conversation I had with a few of their fans afterwards, they were unanimous in their praise for their team. The best we've seen them play for a couple of years, was their view. My view being that the main part of praise was due to their physical efforts. They were 'up for the cup'.
A difficult game, for City, hence my generosity in marking, I hope we can polish them off in the replay.

CJ_covblaze

Burge 8
Kelly Evans 6
Willis 6
Turnbull 6
Sterry 7
Rose 5
Stevenson 6
Lameiras 6
Wright 5
Reid 4
Sordell 6

Subs:
McBean 6
Maycock 6

Pretty accurate. Bit generous for Lameiras, Reid and Wright though.

fernandopartridge

Not bad scores, but perhaps Sterry 6(defending weak)
and Rose 6(fairly solid performance)

Rose has got a good engine and puts in a lot of effort, just feel that his passing is not up to scratch.

Sterry was struggling a bit because he was facing the player up the wrong way, he did much better second half and got closer to him quickly. Deserved a 7 for an excellent goal and some other good runs forward imo.

Sky Blue Kid

Rose has got a good engine and puts in a lot of effort, just feel that his passing is not up to scratch.

Sterry was struggling a bit because he was facing the player up the wrong way, he did much better second half and got closer to him quickly. Deserved a 7 for an excellent goal and some other good runs forward imo.

Did you see Roses' Crossfield pass on the run to Sordell in the second half? Even Beckham would have creamed his pants with the precision(Almost 60 yards straight to his feet)

clint van damme

while I agree it could be better it's improved massively from last season so hopefully there's more improvement to come.

Users who are viewing this thread