Motofest (1 Viewer)

Marty

I went for a bit, I enjoyed it, I seen one of the trucks crash into the barriers. The drifting bit was really good as well, things on the map weren't actually there though, went into the lower prescient to have a look and they had a fashion show on instead (think it was meant to be scalextric).

It's only into it's 3rd year I think and I was impressed with it, I think it'll only grow as well and the traffic disruption for one weekend is well worth the extra money it'll bring into the city.

Otis

anyone come to this years Motofest? I'm not that into cars but it does really please me to see the city putting events on like this.

Yep, I hate 'cars and motoring' with a passion, but am really happy the city has something on for thousands to enjoy.

clint van damme

Agree with all of the above.

Got stuck on the ring road late afternoon yesterday in the traffic but it only put 5-10 minutes on my journey.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Went again today. Now look like a beetroot :(

I too seen the truck crash into the barrier. The make shift repair did make me wonder if the Council were responsible for putting right the damages, but then the day continued so I know the council weren't involved. They'd have called it all off if they had been :D

The driver of that truck didn't seem too fussed either, nor when he was following a truck that broke down in front of him! Just got on with it with full throttle!

See they've announced the dates for next years event already!

Marty

The common jets were a decent band playing yesterday in the new square over the ring road (not sure what it's called).
Give it a few years and I think the event will be huge, possibly with a proper race around the city.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The common jets were a decent band playing yesterday in the new square over the ring road (not sure what it's called).
Give it a few years and I think the event will be huge, possibly with a proper race around the city.

I seen them too. Spent yesterday on and above the ring road then explored a bit more today, but glad I spent the time watching the races when I did yesterday.

Marty

Otis. BPA is 5 minutes from my house amd I have no problem with the proposed move.

olderskyblue

I think it's a great week-end, especially showing off some of the terrific vehicles made in Coventry. Shame they had German cars in the centre of Broadgate though...

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Rather than start a new thread, I was sure I started one about Motofest last year! So I may aswell resurrect it!

Spent a couple of hours at this years event. Again, was well attended and arranged!

Shame there was no Trucks this year. Not heard why this was? Maybe the council didn't want to have to pay for more barrier repairs after last year :)

Few of the cars on the ring road were happy to entertain with the odd donut or two.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Saw some of the drifting yesterday by ikea, nearly caused a crash with a bloke too busy watching while driving past!

Seen some of that today. Both the drifting, and normal road users causing hazards by being more interested on what was going on in the carpark than what was in front of them!

Noticed that the subway through to the SkyDome was closed off and it appeared part of the wall had collapsed, but wasn't anywhere near where the showcase cars / drifters were. Makes me wonder whether someone was the SkyDome side of it and got distracted and collided with the wall?

vow

sw88, did you see a "Byatts Brewery" stall, as I believe they were going to be there?
I'm not into cars, but was tempted to go down and have a peruse with a lovely ale in hand!

Paul Anthony

I did the full two days pretty much. First time I've been able to make it. Lots to see and do, only bit I didn't get round to was the drifting in the small arena because it always seemed full, and being a shortarse would have wanted to be near the front. Saw some from the green bank across the road though.

Really enjoyed getting up close with the action on the ring road. Some very nice cars and motorcycles. Got lots of videos to edit, and plenty of up close images.

Credit to the team for getting something like this done. It's a great event, done really well. Hope to make it back next year!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I did the full two days pretty much. First time I've been able to make it. Lots to see and do, only bit I didn't get round to was the drifting in the small arena because it always seemed full, and being a shortarse would have wanted to be near the front. Saw some from the green bank across the road though.

Really enjoyed getting up close with the action on the ring road. Some very nice cars and motorcycles. Got lots of videos to edit, and plenty of up close images.

Credit to the team for getting something like this done. It's a great event, done really well. Hope to make it back next year!

Date has been set for 2 June 2018 :D Presume it'll be two days again

sw88

Chief Commentator!
sw88, did you see a "Byatts Brewery" stall, as I believe they were going to be there?
I'm not into cars, but was tempted to go down and have a peruse with a lovely ale in hand!

didn't really notice anything good or drink related tbh!

Cars aren't normally my thing tbh but I like to go and pret be to look like I know what I'm doing with my camera! And I think it's great for the City. Not much we can be proud of but I think whole thing from the planning, running etc of it is spot on!

Paul Anthony

Apparently the trucks had another event so couldn't make it this year. Hope they're back for next. Some of those drivers didn't have a care when putting their foot down :D (for the possibility they may hit the barriers I mean....)

Didn't one of them have a crash last year? I'm sure I remember seeing one had hit a barrier sonewhere!

Marty

One of the trucks had a pritty big crash last year, didn't have much damage to the body work but it sounded like a wreak after.

I went earlier, it's the best one so far and I presume it'll continue to go. It's great for the city and would be great if we could have a proper race as well.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Didn't one of them have a crash last year? I'm sure I remember seeing one had hit a barrier sonewhere!

It did. Wasn't that long ago that CCC decided to repair the barrier :)

the driver wasn't even phased by it; just wacked it into reverse, straightened himself up and carried on!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread