Moussa: Fresh start and playing for a contract. (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

FRANCK Moussa will never forget his Coventry City debut in front of over 58,000 fans at the Emirates Stadium.
But his bid to earn a long-term contract with the Sky Blues begins in earnest today at Boundary Park, where hosts Oldham will count themselves lucky if the gate tops 4,000.

Signed by Paulo Sousa during the Portuguse’s brief reign at Leicester and handed an extended deal by Sven Goran Eriksson, Moussa’s style didn’t appeal to Nigel Pearson and, having spent spells on loan at Doncaster and Chesterfield, he found himself without a club at the end of last season.

Last week, however, Mark Robins offered him a fresh start at the Ricoh Arena – and the Belgian midfielder is determined to make the most of the opportunity.

“I am on a short-term contract until January when the club has the option to trigger whatever clause they want to,” he explained. “I am looking to settle in and do well for one club and hopefully that will be Coventry – if I perform and earn the right to get another contract then the manager will look after that. He does what he has to do and I do what I have to do, and hopefully everyone will be happy in the end.” Moussa has already seen enough to feel confident that he will settle in at the Ricoh Arena.

“I am a midfielder with an attacking edge, so I would like to get involved with the forward play. I have played with managers who like passing football and a bit of rotation in midfield and that’s something I would like to get involved in.

“I prefer to play in a central role but

the manager has seen me play on the left a little bit and he knows I am confident to play there as well * as long as I'm playing I don't mind.“
Moussa certainly didn't look short of confidence when he was pitched in at the deep end against Arsenal on Wednesday night.

“What a great stage to play your first game,“ he said. “Being my first game for the club I was eager to do well and I got an hour of football under my belt and felt really good.

“Most players say that they feel good when they play against the top players because it's a good test to see where you are yourself. Arsenal are the elite of club football and, it was a learning curve for us but I think you could see there is a decent bunch of players here.

“I haven’t really detected a lack of confidence but I can imagine that would be the case after being relegated last year. But there is a new manager and new staff and that brings a fresh feel to the club and the players, and hopefully we can take something from Wednesday and take it straight into the Oldham game and get a good win.

“If we play like we did in the first half against Arsenal when we managed to hold our own there’s a good chance we’ll get our first league win.” Moussa, who chalked up 90 appearances for Southend before his switch to Leicester, is understandably disappointed that things didn’t work

out for him at the King Power Stadium.
“It was a case of three managers in 18 months which is not ideal and I slipped down the pecking order,“ he explained. “The manager who signed got sacked, the new one extended my contract and then the third one just wanted his own players, so it was always going to be a weird situation.
But we reached an agreement so I could walk on a free and I am happy with it and just looking forward now.

“Coventry have got a new manager and the first thing he said when he walked in was that players have to look at their own performances.

“We are playing for a good club and we have to get good results. I am just here to play football and if I do well I am sure the rest will take care of itself.“

wingy

Have had a nagging feeling since this guys name cropped up with us ,nothing malicious but did this lad play against us for Leicester one season .Something like a really dirty challenge or a sending off ,or maybe i'm mixing him up with another.:confused:

Nonleagueherewecome

You moussa confused him with someone else :p

Nonleagueherewecome

"say hello to my little friend..ladies and gentlemen, Franck Moussa!"

J

Jack Griffin

He speaks more intelligently than certain chavvy types at the club.

tomgault

Have had a nagging feeling since this guys name cropped up with us ,nothing malicious but did this lad play against us for Leicester one season .Something like a really dirty challenge or a sending off ,or maybe i'm mixing him up with another.:confused:

your mixing him up with vassell, last season first game when we lost 0-1

Users who are viewing this thread