Move to a new forum software? (1 Viewer)

Should SBT get a face lift?

• Yes, it is a bit old

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No, keep it as it is, I like it

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Not fussed mate

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Nick

Administrator
Need a bit of feedback.

The current forum software used here is quite clunky and isn't as friendly on mobiles as I would like.

There is a newer, up to date version of this software which has had awful reviews and is full of bugs.

However, there is an alternative which is quite impressive but I have found the following pros and cons so far:

Pros

Faster page load
Cleaner interface
More functionality with mobile phones
Better integration with social networking
More potential to make it a full fan site rather than just a forum

Cons

May not have a Prediction League
May lose all likes / like history
People dont like change

If people are interested, they can see the potential other software here - http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/board/

What do you think? Any input or feedback from the people who will use it would be great, it would be a lot of work but if it made things easier / faster / nicer it would be worth it. Alternatively, if you use any other forums that you think look and work well, let me know the link to have a look at what they use.

Grendel

Looks good - gets my vote!

shmmeee

I like the new one, especially the site around it. Would you move to more content then Nick? Like guest articles or something?

Nick

Administrator
I have thought about making it more of a one stop shop for articles and content but then it starts to get a lot more time consuming and more potential to be hauled into a court :(

Oh for it to be as simple as match reports

K

Kavomatovldag

Move to a new forum soft

I like IntuSoft ISSpice, paired with Touchstone-RF PCB design software. Unfortunately, both are UNIX apps.

Users who are viewing this thread