Mowbray (1 Viewer)

stupot07

2 relegations in one season....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Think he had a 33% win record there? So didnt do bad. Didnt sun1 make 9 changes vs birminghan last week aswell?

If first 10 games as xov manager caused relegation the same amoubt of games at blackburn shud be looked at in isolation too? W 4 d 6 l 2 in 12 i think?

Unlucky tony. I still love you. Good luck next season.

KG7

Not good for our prospects of keeping Stokes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

Didn't he have a good record at Blackburn with no transfers of his own in such a short period of time and went down by just 2 goals. Left us after clearly a run in over the budget and money and promises.

Got us top of the league I may add playing some of the best football in ages.

Give the guy a break.

skybluetony176

I think our relegation had more to do with the decision to leave Venus in charge for so long, then replacing him with Slade and then leaving Slade in charge for so long before appointing Robins too late than it had to do with Mowbray. Even Mowbray had to take the decision to leave when it should have been made for him a week or two earlier.

Sorry but the blame for our relegation lays squarely with the decisions made in the boardroom. I wouldn't even go as far as blaming Slade myself, despite how awful we were under him.

steve82

To be fair to him his stats were not bad at Blackburn. W4 D7 L3, just simply didn't get that extra win or draw however you wanna look at it.
Add his stats under this season from CCFC and it's W4 D13 L7.
That's 13 draws from 24 games in league games only.

stevefloyd

Didn't he have a good record at Blackburn with no transfers of his own in such a short period of time and went down by just 2 goals. Left us after clearly a run in over the budget and money and promises.

Give the guy a break.
Got us to the top of the league and then back down again... I am not sure he is a good manager any more! I genuinely liked the guy but Blackburn have to be thankful they never had a transfer window if the rubbish here is anything to go by

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mowbray: One manager, one season, two clubs, two relegations.

It isn't a coincidence.

Mowbray is the most overrated manager this club has had in my lifetime.

Rich

Can the bloke who thinks this isn't relevant to ccfc please get a life. It's about the bloke getting us and another club relegated in one season.

letsallsingtogether

Can the bloke who thinks this isn't relevant to ccfc please get a life. It's about the bloke getting us and another club relegated in one season.
So he got us religated because we had a shit start under him but it is also his fault for taking over a club that has a shit start under some one else make your mind up which one is it.
If it is the second then Robins is at fault here for doing the same thing.

Skyblueweeman

Give the guy a break.

We didn't win any of our first 10 games with him in charge. Not one.

He's a massive reason we're playing L2 football next season. And I'm not saying he's the only one to take the blame but had he been someone else, he would've got slaughtered.

SP did a decent job the Sixfields season with a -10 point deduction. Did well, then did shit.

Same with TM. It was great when we were in the top few places of the league but this season he was nothing short of disastrous for us.

Astute

Thanks for the laugh.

Mowbray brought in the players. But he left after just 10 games. So he got us relegated all by himself although he wasn't the manager for 36 games :rolleyes:

When he took over at Blackburn they were in big trouble. He turned things around and gave them hope. They very nearly stayed up. Yet it is all his fault again.

I was happy for Robins to stay. But after reading this thread I have changed my mind. He got us relegated by 10 points.

Grendel

Thanks for the laugh.

Mowbray brought in the players. But he left after just 10 games. So he got us relegated all by himself although he wasn't the manager for 36 games :rolleyes:

When he took over at Blackburn they were in big trouble. He turned things around and gave them hope. They very nearly stayed up. Yet it is all his fault again.

I was happy for Robins to stay. But after reading this thread I have changed my mind. He got us relegated by 10 points.

How has he turned them around?

How many points were they adrift of safety when he took over?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

This season:

Coventry: Games won - Zero.
Blackburn: Games won - Five.

Clubs: 2
Relegations: 2
Succesful transfer windows: 0

There's really no defending this. Not that Blackburn getting relegated changes how shit he was here full stop, however.

Mowbray left at the end of September, since then we've had 3 other managers and a transfer window, yet you still go on about Mowbray.

We would never have been relegated if we hadn't of appointed your first choice Slade. We are heading to the 4th Division because of SISU's countless failings and dreadful appointments - not because Mowbray signed Dan Ageyi and picked Murphy over OBrien.

Astute

How has he turned them around?

How many points were they adrift of safety when he took over?

They were in 23rd. Just 3 points and GD behind. But Birmingham won their last 2 games to stay up and Forest beat them by 2 goals. 23rd place ended up 9 points behind them.

Grendel

They were in 23rd. Just 3 points and GD behind. But Birmingham won their last 2 games to stay up and Forest beat them by 2 goals. 23rd place ended up 9 points behind them.

So he had 4 points to close when he took over and didn't.

Some turn around.

Astute

So he had 4 points to close when he took over and didn't.

Some turn around.
So they were not on a bad run when he took over?

OK check the stats from before and after he took over. Even you will have a problem saying he never turned things around. They were in 23rd. They ended up beating the team that ended up in 23rd by 9 points.

SkyblueBazza

Think he had a 33% win record there? So didnt do bad. Didnt sun1 make 9 changes vs birminghan last week aswell?

If first 10 games as xov manager caused relegation the same amoubt of games at blackburn shud be looked at in isolation too? W 4 d 6 l 2 in 12 i think?

Unlucky tony. I still love you. Good luck next season.
He had 51% win rate which was the worst for a celtic manager since the Lou Macari disaster '93-'94, then you have to go right back to Jimmy McGrory 1945-65

In other words, he is a bit shit. I was uninspired by his choice, he almost won me over...but I was proven right in the end

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Grendel

So they were not on a bad run when he took over?

OK check the stats from before and after he took over. Even you will have a problem saying he never turned things around. They were in 23rd. They ended up beating the team that ended up in 23rd by 9 points.

So Wigan collapsing shows he turned the club around.

How far behind Burton and Bristol City were Blackburn when he took over?

steve82

ebd0804d370d40912c4c5839dffaa4bb.png

With there owners and TM heading the recruitment drive for a season in league one good luck.
Best hope they've plenty of contracted players willing to stay on in league one.

skybluetony176

ebd0804d370d40912c4c5839dffaa4bb.png

With there owners and TM heading the recruitment drive for a season in league one good luck.
Best hope they've plenty of contracted players willing to stay on in league one.

What's the betting on him getting them straight back up?

Rich

So he got us religated because we had a shit start under him but it is also his fault for taking over a club that has a shit start under some one else make your mind up which one is it.
If it is the second then Robins is at fault here for doing the same thing.
Not sure how you think I'm commenting on the subject of whether he did or didn't.

My point is there's one prick here that's getting a bit click happy with the report button.

Users who are viewing this thread