Mowbray (1 Viewer)

Astute

Obtuse is back.

Pressley had Clarke and Wilson together for half a season, then had the double whammy of Clarke sold and Wilson out for 2-3 months. Yet he still didn't do that much worse than Mowbray who had the use of Murphy and Armstrong all season.
Ferndon'tknow is back.

Are you trying to say that Murphy and Armstrong starting to get experience with us were as good as Wilson and Clarke? Don't you remember how frustrating Murphy was?

Are you also trying to say that Mowbray was the sole reason we went down? I am saying that he wasn't but had a big part to play in it. Some are trying to make out he is to blame for Blackburn going down also. Just shows how stupid it gets on here.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

but do you agree people go out of there way to start threads about mowbray and not slade? i mean there are cov fans celebrating blackburn going down on twitter. this is bias. no debate to be had as you would say.

I probably don't quite see things from your side.

The way I see it, certainly within threads, is that a lot of people refuse to acknowledge Mowbray had anything to do with our relegation, or that his proportion of blame is minimal. That's why threads get started. I think with Slade, everyone agree's that he definitely has some accountability for our relegation and therefore don't feel the need to argue about it as much.

Personally I think they are both extremely accountable for our relegation, so it frustrates me when people say Mowbray was hardly anything to do with it.

Grendel

Ferndon'tknow is back.

Are you trying to say that Murphy and Armstrong starting to get experience with us were as good as Wilson and Clarke? Don't you remember how frustrating Murphy was?

Are you also trying to say that Mowbray was the sole reason we went down? I am saying that he wasn't but had a big part to play in it. Some are trying to make out he is to blame for Blackburn going down also. Just shows how stupid it gets on here.

Where would we have finished without Armstrong and Murphy?

skybluetony176

Ferndon'tknow is back.

Come on. It's not like CW & LC scored 7 more goals in what I believe was described as half a season than AA & JM scored in a full season. No. Wait. That's exactly what happened.

covcity4life

I probably don't quite see things from your side.

The way I see it, certainly within threads, is that a lot of people refuse to acknowledge Mowbray had anything to do with our relegation, or that his proportion of blame is minimal. That's why threads get started. I think with Slade, everyone agree's that he definitely has some accountability for our relegation and therefore don't feel the need to argue about it as much.

Personally I think they are both extremely accountable for our relegation, so it frustrates me when people say Mowbray was hardly anything to do with it.

i just dont agree with you on this one. it happens!

1pt from safety to 17pts from safety. that is the reason for relegation. nothing to do with squad. slade got us relegated for me.

covcity4life

also let me add had slade been in charge for first 10 games of season and not won one,then gone i wouldnt be blaming him for relegation at end of season

skybluetony176

Depends on who we signed instead of them doesn't it? As it's impossible to know that you're asking an impossible question with no right answer. Or no wrong one if you prefer. It's right up there with if ya Nan had balls would she be your Grandad. It's an absolute nonsense of a question. Probably why you are using it to make a Grendull fact.

fernandopartridge

Ferndon'tknow is back.

We didn't have Wilson and Clarke for a full season you douche! You're backing up my point.

Ranjit Bhurpa

We can argue and disagree about the merits and failings of any City Manager till the cows come home. It worries me though that not one of them has provided any sustained success.
We could say our current owners have some part in all this, but it goes back to well before their time.
Just hope that MR can break this jinx one way or another and we're celebrating promotion next season. It's been far too long.

Astute

Depends on who would have played instead. Clarke and Wilson and we would have done better. Who we had last season.......

covcity4life

We can argue and disagree about the merits and failings of any City Manager till the cows come home. It worries me though that not one of them has provided any sustained success.
We could say our current owners have some part in all this, but it goes back to well before their time.
Just hope that MR can break this jinx one way or another and we're celebrating promotion next season. It's been far too long.
giphy.gif

Astute

We didn't have Wilson and Clarke for a full season you douche! You're backing up my point.
It isn't me arguing over nothing. I said that Pressley was lucky to have both Wilson and Clarke. When he didn't have both our results divebombed. I also said that Mowbray would have done better with Wilson and Clarke. You have tried arguing the point.

fernandopartridge

It isn't me arguing over nothing. I said that Pressley was lucky to have both Wilson and Clarke. When he didn't have both our results divebombed. I also said that Mowbray would have done better with Wilson and Clarke. You have tried arguing the point.

We're at complete cross purposes. My argument is that I think Pressley did a better job than Mowbray all in all, considering the squads that each manager had at their disposal for the duration of the 2013/14 and 2015/16 seasons respectively.

Astute

Come on. It's not like CW & LC scored 7 more goals in what I believe was described as half a season than AA & JM scored in a full season. No. Wait. That's exactly what happened.
Hold back with the truth. Some people don't like it.

Otis

But why was it wrong for him to try and get the goals to stay up?
Because the way things were panning out Forest were absolutely cruising and Bristol looked very likely to get an equaliser against Birmingham.

The Forest game was over and the Bristol game looked like Birmingham could let their lead slip at any minute.

As I say, the whole panel were in agreement, including Jeff Stelling. Blackburn were never going to catch Forest, but the Bristol game looked like it might well go in their favour and therefore the number one priority was for Blackburn to actually win their game, something they were seemingly putting at jeopardy by leaving big holes in their defence.

Just saying what they all said in SSN and they all felt it was a big mistake.

Astute

We're at complete cross purposes. My argument is that I think Pressley did a better job than Mowbray all in all, considering the squads that each manager had at their disposal for the duration of the 2013/14 and 2015/16 seasons respectively.
Pressley had the best squad since we were in Division three. He also had a much higher budget. Mowbray failed badly on putting a squad together because he tried to bring in players he couldn't afford. Would he have managed it with the same budget as Pressley?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

i just dont agree with you on this one. it happens!

1pt from safety to 17pts from safety. that is the reason for relegation. nothing to do with squad. slade got us relegated for me.

Sure. I accept your opinion, but that's football. People do have different takes on things.I honestly cannot look at Mowbray and say he was innocent. I don't believe the squad was good enough.

We know each other's stance on it, let's just try not to bring it up too much ;). Promotion next year will help!

covcity4life

Sure. I accept your opinion, but that's football. People do have different takes on things.I honestly cannot look at Mowbray and say he was innocent. I don't believe the squad was good enough.

We know each other's stance on it, let's just try not to bring it up too much ;). Promotion next year will help!

yeah cant keep having seasons of anger. checkatrade was a nice day. but its time we have a nice fucking season

Grendel

Pressley had the best squad since we were in Division three.

Four of the players with the most appearances were:

Andy Webster
Conor Thomas
Blair Adams
Jordan Clarke

Billy Daniels featured regularly as did Danny Seabourne

Grendel

In the last 38 games in charge how many points do you think we achieved under Mowbray?

skybluetony176

Pressley had the best squad since we were in Division three. He also had a much higher budget. Mowbray failed badly on putting a squad together because he tried to bring in players he couldn't afford. Would he have managed it with the same budget as Pressley?

Moussa was our 3rd highest goal scorer with 12 in the league (3 more than Murphy managed) and even Baker chipped in with 7. 15/16 season we Had AA on 21, JM on 9, then 3 or 4 players with 4 each and then you get into 1's and 2's.

SP had a far better squad based on that. Certainly from an attacking point of view. What would have TM done with a FM and CB in the squad? What more would have AA and JM done with a FM and CB in the squad?

NorthernWisdom

Moussa was our 3rd highest goal scorer with 12 in the league (3 more than Murphy managed) and even Baker chipped in with 7. 15/16 season we Had AA on 21, JM on 9, then 3 or 4 players with 4 each and then you get into 1's and 2's.
So what you're saying is Mowbray's tactics were too geared towards Armstrong, and if he'd got his team playing in a more balanced way, we'd have done better?

skybluetony176

So what you're saying is Mowbray's tactics were too geared towards Armstrong, and if he'd got his team playing in a more balanced way, we'd have done better?

No. I'm saying that SP inherited a team built largely on a championship budget with superior players to what TM could build on a far far lower budget yet TM did better on a shoestring in comparison. Imagine if we'd had a goalie as good as Murphy last season, or two midfielders that could have bagged 19 goals between them, or a front pairing that were more than capable of getting 40 goals between them as apposed to 30. Who would have been the better manager then? TM would still be the king I'd imagine.

Grendel

I would've said 30 but I wouldn't be surprised it was less

You've set the bar very low - it was 39. That included a late season rally against uninterested opponents in 15 16 when we got 12 points out of 15.

Irish Sky Blue

Despite losing Clarke in January, and Wilson with an injury which meant Jordan Clarke had a run out up front. He achieved 8 points less than Mowbray. Mowbray of course having the luxury of Armstrong and Murphy all season, 2 players who have proven they are a level above with Fleck and Vincelot looking likely to follow.
Two players who along with Vincelot he brought in. Mowbray's only full season here was continually disrupted by injuries to centre halfs.

Users who are viewing this thread