MP asks for CCFC intervention (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

I reckon the Ricoh situation is starting to simmer, I also think the Football League will want answers and assurances long before those 2 years are up.

RegTheDonk

Fair play to the bloke but the government won't give a toss about us, especially being a labour controlled council. If we can't even get close to the required number of votes to trigger a debate, why the hell would they waste their time. If they were going to promote sport for all they'd have stopped Sky and the Prem League running riot years ago.

rupert_bear

Raising our potential ground plight at Government level can influence how sisu approach this issue. Remember the Northampton debacle, Joy Seppalla only got involved when it was raised and discussed in the House of Commons by a Tory MP initially. As for not dealing with a Labour council decisions and stances taken re sisu, Ricoh etc here are unanimous not belonging to one party.

rupert_bear

Thought they did, I also think sharing with Northampton again is out of the question while they are in the same division, this ground situation is a real problem issue for sisu, Wasps drop the legals or we don't talk has put a cat amongst the pigeons I reckon.

Grendel

Did the football league maje a comment about it won't be so easy for us to move out of Coventry again?

I would suspect they've already agreed a move out with the club.

Grendel

Captain Dart

Thought they did, I also think sharing with Northampton again is out of the question while they are in the same division, this ground situation is a real problem issue for sisu, Wasps drop the legals or we don't talk has put a cat amongst the pigeons I reckon.

Interesting observation. Another issue is that Northampton are no longer under control of someone who is helping police with their fraud investigation.

Did the football league maje a comment about it won't be so easy for us to move out of Coventry again?
"It also emerged during the meeting that the Football League has told the club it should pursue sites within eight miles of Earl Street, in Coventry city centre."
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-stadium-plans-9186189

dongonzalos

Yes I thought the FL made some comment on our return about how hard it would be to move out again. Without any signs of movement on a new stadium
In reference to a Northampton scenario.
I am sure they would have any issue with us moving out much closer if it was practical.
I also think we can't move without the football leagues permission.

dongonzalos

Interesting observation. Another issue is that Northampton are no longer under control of someone who is helping police with their fraud investigation.

"It also emerged during the meeting that the Football League has told the club it should pursue sites within eight miles of Earl Street, in Coventry city centre."
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fc-stadium-plans-9186189

Yes well Walsall were not interested or Blues.
If Northamptin is a no go. Not sure what other options are out there.
We couldn't afford to rent the king power or villa park.

Grendel

Yes I thought the FL made some comment on our return about how hard it would be to move out again. Without any signs of movement on a new stadium
In reference to a Northampton scenario.
I am sure they would have any issue with us moving out much closer if it was practical.
I also think we can't move without the football leagues permission.

I don't see any issue at all. Ultimately they are mainly interested in stability. They would be very wary about support an independent private company and a local council who seem to be blackmailing a football clubs owners to not pursue their democratic right of due legal process.

They will have to sanction a move wherever it is.

Grendel

Yes well Walsall were not interested or Blues.
If Northamptin is a no go. Not sure what other options are out there.
We couldn't afford to rent the king power or villa park.

It's conceivable that a ground can be found much further away and a temporary stand arrangement developed at a closer ground after a couple of years.

Otis

Hmm, does he know where this site (fantasy or not) is supposed to be? Surely he can't be looking to have a move out of the city blocked unless he and everyone else knows where to!!

1 mile out of the city might be fine. 5 miles out of the city might be fine. Where is he drawing the line of 'out of the city?

Also can't see the government getting involved at all in all this. If the legal case is the scenario being put forwards as the problem, then I would guess that the government wouldn't go anywhere near it.

rupert_bear

I really don't see a ground share anywhere, so where does that potentially lead us ? This needs to be brought to the fore and soon, perhaps that's what Jim Cunningham is doing

Grendel

I really don't see a ground share anywhere, so where does that potentially lead us ? This needs to be brought to the fore and soon, perhaps that's what Jim Cunningham is doing

Why don't you? MK dons, notts county, chesterfield - plenty of options.

Captain Dart

Down the shitter.

Grendel

rupert_bear

Why don't you? MK dons, notts county, chesterfield - plenty of options.
Has to be within 30 miles or is it 35. Also we were given time for Fishers ground proposal to emerge. There are rules re this and members and would be members can object if they are not adhered too. Also to throw a spanner in the works there are plans to increase the FL to more clubs a 100 I think. There are or could be serious pitfalls which is why it needs getting hold of now.

letsallsingtogether

I must have missed the answer as I've asked you 4 times now.

Are you one of those nopm chaps?
So what if he is does that make any difference.
We must all have dozens of mates who don't go any more does that Make them NOPM

dongonzalos

I just can't see the FL accepting getting the rise taken out of them for a second time.
Also last time we did it as we thought it would break ACL.
What's the point now if we can't really afford to build a stadium.

Grendel

Has to be within 30 miles or is it 35. Also we were given time for Fishers ground proposal to emerge. There are rules re this and members and would be members can object if they are not adhered too. Also to throw a spanner in the works there are plans to increase the FL to more clubs a 100 I think. There are or could be serious pitfalls which is why it needs getting hold of now.

Look at Brighton and the precedent set

Grendel

I just can't see the FL accepting getting the rise taken out of them for a second time.
Also last time we did it as we thought it would break ACL.
What's the point now if we can't really afford to build a stadium.

What choice do they have? The club have no home. Their current landlords have said they will not engage talks. Are you saying they will just close the club down? I doubt they are that brave. They only have that option haven't they as the local council have said there is no land in the city to build?

rupert_bear

The choice is not to award the Golden Share don't rule that out. As for Brighton they gave proposals re new ground and delivered. Fisher hasn't, won't even disclose any of these sites he says he has on the radar.

Warwickhunt

What choice do they have? The club have no home. Their current landlords have said they will not engage talks. Are you saying they will just close the club down? I doubt they are that brave. They only have that option haven't they as the local council have said there is no land in the city to build?
Only for swiming pools apparently

Warwickhunt

The Reverend Skyblue

I'll stick my head out and predict a few seasons at Rushden and Diamonds old ground.
Interestingly the proposal to knock it down has been withdrawn so a nice little ground not too far away sits empty and waiting. No doubt their council will welcome us with open arms and work with us and not against us.

Brylowes

We all know they have a choice, for one they could drop their utterly useless and embarrassing
Legal crusade, then start having meaningful talks with the only parties that can get something
Done.

Grendel

We all know they have a choice, for one they could drop their utterly useless and embarrassing
Legal crusade, then start having meaningful talks with the only parties that can get something
Done.

Which would be an affront to legal process and democracy.

dongonzalos

So what's the one option when you don't have the money to build a new stadium? The FL I imagine now realise that, that is the case

Users who are viewing this thread