Muslim Coventry City Players (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Might be Hadji, Chippo is deffo muslim.
Hadji was too. Remember him using a piece of steak as a painkiller during Ramadan or something weird like that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Yeah you know what, with your snide comments and generally being an arsehole you've really changed my viewpoint. Thanks Gren.

Snide comments and generally being an arsehole? Talking about yourself?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yep.

Would you relay that to just north of the M74.
I can't possibly comment, I don't want some one on here calling me a hypocrite !

letsallsingtogether

Hadji was too. Remember him using a piece of steak as a painkiller during Ramadan or something weird like that.

No he wasn't. That is why Ramadan never affected him like it did Chippo.

Irish Sky Blue

He's from the Berber community. Large swathes of which are Christian. Most Christians in Morocco are also Berber so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Plus I'm fairly sure I recall it being brought up at the time he signed.
Odd story about Hadji. Two of my boys were mascots in the home game at Highfield Road against Leeds that we lost 4-3 when Huckerby scored for Leeds. Part of the day was to go into the dressing room before the game and meet the players and Gordon Strachan and get their autographs. There was a lot of mickey taking going on with Hadji being the object for this. The reason became apparent when Hadji took off his boot and started to reposition a rasher off bacon which he was using as an insole. Apparently he had a bruised toe and for some reason the rasher was there to ease his pain. Don't know where the idea came from. I wouldn't think it is an old Moroccan cure. The other players obviously found it funny.

The Great Eastern

I can remember Saffri having to refuse water when suffering an on-pitch injury during Ramadan. Must have made playing during that period really difficult for a devout Muslim.

fernandopartridge

Odd story about Hadji. Two of my boys were mascots in the home game at Highfield Road against Leeds that we lost 4-3 when Huckerby scored for Leeds. Part of the day was to go into the dressing room before the game and meet the players and Gordon Strachan and get their autographs. There was a lot of mickey taking going on with Hadji being the object for this. The reason became apparent when Hadji took off his boot and started to reposition a rasher off bacon which he was using as an insole. Apparently he had a bruised toe and for some reason the rasher was there to ease his pain. Don't know where the idea came from. I wouldn't think it is an old Moroccan cure. The other players obviously found it funny.
Must be the same thing I mentioned earlier in the thread....

NortonSkyBlue

Eid Mubarak my fellow Sky Blues from the holy land of Saudi Arabia. May Allah bless all of your good deeds.
From a Cardinal Wiseman and St Patrick's church raised Catholic may I offer the following insight.
Despite fasting most people here tend to gorge during the eating hours so weight loss is not a factor in Ramadan( I was going to put pig out but I am not sure that was appropriate!)
With regards to Muslim players it is not just the name that indicates a practicing Muslim but also their open handed prayer stance like Bigi or Mahrez or Pogba, although Sturbridge does the same and is a Christian.
Players like Ozil, Nasri, Shaqiri, Dembele(all of them) Salah(means prayer), Toure, Begovic, Hazard, Mane, Kanye, Silmani, Grabben, Mustafi are all Muslims and some surprises such as RVP, Drogba, Anelka and Ribery and the number is growing and the number one manager currently is a Muslim:Zinedine Zidane.
I have never bothered with all this religious shit and couldn't care less if it is Nazon or Beavon that scores goals for us nor did it matter about Saffri, Hadji or Chippo but I guess I must have known they were Muslim as much as I must have known Robbie Keane was a Catholic or Garry McAllister a Protestant. not on my radar.

LastGarrison

I can remember Saffri having to refuse water when suffering an on-pitch injury during Ramadan. Must have made playing during that period really difficult for a devout Muslim.
My understanding is that if you are travelling long distances, engaged in things like professional sports or pregnant then there is leeway on the whole fasting thing.

And just as I'm typing this I can see Riyadh Sky Blue is viewing so maybe he can advise better.

Otis

Eid Mubarak my fellow Sky Blues from the holy land of Saudi Arabia. May Allah bless all of your good deeds.
From a Cardinal Wiseman and St Patrick's church raised Catholic may I offer the following insight.
Despite fasting most people here tend to gorge during the eating hours so weight loss is not a factor in Ramadan( I was going to put pig out but I am not sure that was appropriate!)
With regards to Muslim players it is not just the name that indicates a practicing Muslim but also their open handed prayer stance like Bigi or Mahrez or Pogba, although Sturbridge does the same and is a Christian.
Players like Ozil, Nasri, Shaqiri, Dembele(all of them) Salah(means prayer), Toure, Begovic, Hazard, Mane, Kanye, Silmani, Grabben, Mustafi are all Muslims and some surprises such as RVP, Drogba, Anelka and Ribery and the number is growing and the number one manager currently is a Muslim:Zinedine Zidane.
I have never bothered with all this religious shit and couldn't care less if it is Nazon or Beavon that scores goals for us nor did it matter about Saffri, Hadji or Chippo but I guess I must have known they were Muslim as much as I must have known Robbie Keane was a Catholic or Garry McAllister a Protestant. not on my radar.
The only time I ever notice a player is religious is when they look to the heavens after scoring a goal.

That and someone angrily shouting 'Jesus!' when a pass is misplaced.

NortonSkyBlue

My understanding is that if you are travelling long distances, engaged in things like professional sports or pregnant then there is leeway on the whole fasting thing.

And just as I'm typing this I can see Riyadh Sky Blue is viewing so maybe he can advise better.
Traveling, pregnant, old, sick, child yes sports? It's a grey area and comes down to a personal choice.

Greggs

Who really gives a fuck, religion is a load of bollocks and people shouldn't be categorised

Nick

Administrator
Who really gives a fuck, religion is a load of bollocks and people shouldn't be categorised
It was more of a quiz to get people thinking about Coventry city players. No different to trying to list all Jamaican players who have played for us.

Greggs

It was more of a quiz to get people thinking about Coventry city players. No different to trying to list all Jamaican players who have played for us.
Well do a quiz about Sikhs, Gays, Obesity, Doggers and Aliens. Constantly have the word Muslim shoved down our throats via mainstream media, lets not turn into them, hey!?

Users who are viewing this thread