My birthday (1 Viewer)

Otis

My employer failed to wish me a happy birthday, so I have therefore decided to hire a machine gun toting hitman and have them all mown down in a hail of bullets.

I feel very disrespected and am hurt.

:censored:

Oh, and I am also thinking of leaving. :facepalm:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Oh C'mon, Otis! This is just a simple ruse to get us all to say "Happy Birthday!".

DOH!!!! :facepalm: I just said it!

duffer

Yeah, I've had enough of my employer too. I fell over and grazed my knee, and he didn't kiss it better.

Bastards. And they're only paying me £100,000 per week too. Where's the respect? I'm off. ;)

Otis

I've found some more ridiculous football excuses too.

In their opening game of the 2006 World Cup, Ukraine were decimated 4-0 by Spain. After the game, they didn't blame their terrible defending but instead cited loud frogs outside the team hotel as a reason for their poor performance.

Defender Vladislav Vashchuk explained the problem:

'Because of the frogs' croaking we hardly got a wink of sleep. We all agreed that we would take some sticks and go and hunt them.'

Back in the days when the FA Cup still had a modicum of magic—1998—Newcastle were held to a draw by non-league Stevenage.

Reflecting on the Magpies' failure to dismiss their lower league opponents, an irate Kenny Dalglish said that the balls were too bouncy.

Blackpool faced Bradford in a 1996 Second Division play-off semi-final and managed to let a two-goal lead slip to lose the chance of a trip to Wembley.

The 'principal complaint? Their boardroom was being haunted by the ghost of Lord Nelson.

Apparently, the oak panelling in there was salvaged from his flagship, the Foudroyant. The ship was beached in Blackpool in 1897.

Rotherham's goalkeeper Chris Mooney once had the embarrassment of letting a simple shot trickle through his legs into the goal.

Rather than lament his lack of co-ordination, Mooney blamed the bald head of his defender Nick Smith, as it reflected the sun so badly that it blinded his vision.

Otis

In one of the greatest-ever finishes to an English league season, Arsenal travelled to Anfield on Friday, 26 May 1989, needing three points and a two-goal winning margin to snatch the league from Liverpool.

Against all odds, the Gunners did it.

Afterwards, Alan Hansen complained that the only reason Arsenal won was because the game was played on a Friday night.

A Sutton United player named Adrian Bradnam once missed an open goal and proceeded to blame it on the crowd being too noisy.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Don't forget Man Utds grey kit that made players invisible...

..and some numpty on here claiming we were shit at home (ricoh) because of the empty sky blue seats in the background....

...oh...and in some little cup or other back in 1966, apparently Germany weren't too happy as they reckon'd the ball was never over the line & that the 4th goal should not have stood as it went in during a pitch invasion.....:D

Otis

Don't forget Man Utds grey kit that made players invisible...

..and some numpty on here claiming we were shit at home (ricoh) because of the empty sky blue seats in the background....

...oh...and in some little cup or other back in 1966, apparently Germany weren't too happy as they reckon'd the ball was never over the line & that the 4th goal should not have stood as it went in during a pitch invasion.....:D

That was me. It was a joke though and loads of people bit.:D

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Do you not read the papers Houch? ;) It's not my birthday.

It's before noon Otis! I'm not fully awake yet! I think I understand now though. Pillock ain't I? :D

Otis

I like this excuse ....

After Zambian tennis star Lighton Ndefwayl lost in a local tournament to Musumba Bwayla he claimed that his pants were too tight and that his opponents constant farting was putting him off.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I like Yaya Toure. He was by far one of the the best players in the premiership last season IMO (from an all round player perspective), but if these stories about him wanting to quit over not having his hand shook, or recovering a 'happy birthday' wish from the club are true, I seem him to be nothing but a tool.

If he's not happy at the club, or in England (let's face it, who can blame him if it's the latter), just say it, don't make up shitty excuses!

Otis

I like Yaya Toure. He was by far one of the the best players in the premiership last season IMO (from an all round player perspective), but if these stories about him wanting to quit over not having his hand shook, or recovering a 'happy birthday' wish from the club are true, I seem him to be nothing but a tool.

If he's not happy at the club, or in England (let's face it, who can blame him if it's the latter), just say it, don't make up shitty excuses!

Totally agree. Top player, but this is just ridiculous.

Maybe Samir Nasri should put in a transfer request because the towels are not straight in the dressing room.

Users who are viewing this thread