"My chat with Hoffman..." (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

By Paul Twister
Updated Saturday, 27th August 2011
Coventry City RSS Feed

From the horses mouth
From my pre-game chat at Middlesbrough today with Gary Hoffman.
Of course he knows the FA rules. There's nothing in it. It would have been sorted if bid agreed.
Ben Turner is having a medical. Parkin is not part of deal.
We could have had Adam Le Fondre in the summer. Reading paid 250k with a further 100k add ons.
We bid £100k for Le Fondre but had no intention of getting him.
Didn't think we sell anyone else but don't rule it out.
SISU want to sell the Club when it's not making a loss for money.
Administration is a possibility as SISU have taken out loans. Liquidation is very unlikely. Few Clubs go that way.
He looked very very tired & knows some fans don't have faith in him.
He has worked with FA for years so knows rules about buying Clubs.
His investors have withdrawn offer and they are considering next steps.
He won't give up. He's a fan. The ball is in sisu's court
We need 20,000 fans to break even. Ccfc losing less money with sale if players
SISU don't care about the demonstrations by fans.
SISU aim is for club not to lose money and will make cuts to do it
He is a great bloke and spent ages talking to fans
Paul Twister

ccfcdan

He's a top guy, i spoke to him earlier and he gave me the lottery numbers for tonights draw and told me that they will win. I believe everything that he says because its better than living in the real world :D

Rickstar8701

I think the majority is bullshit, how on earth would he know so much??

If he does speak the truth then he's obviously very unprofessional to tell people at a fuckin football match!!!

Johnnythespider

If he does speak the truth then he's obviously very unprofessional to tell people at a fuckin football match!!!
Yes, how unprofessional to tell the fans what's going on, what a ridiculous concept

ajsccfc

How would he know the transfer goings-on when he's clearly persona non grata at the club?

Johnnythespider

Well i'm guessing that he still has contacts with people inside the club. This is why elliot was suspended after all, maybe some of the players still speak to him. Lots of guesses and maybe's i know but just a possibility.

cloughie

He might just have been on the board before and know their intentions.
As for unprofessional , how about leaking confidential information to national press and within hours of withdrawing the offer the press know about it? Could it just be someone has no integrity and cannot be trusted with anything to do with running our club. Sisu run our club so do we have to spell it out for you who is full of bullshit!!!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

He was on the board, but I doubt they'd have had long term intentions to low-ball Rotherham and create a facade of signing a League Two striker. That's the one that sticks out as odd to me.

cloughie

I am sure where ever anyone has worked previously they still have contacts within the previous place of work.

cloughie

Facade about Rotherham , what do you mean, that is recent history and not been a long term plan.

ajsccfc

He's saying that the Le Fondre bid involved no actual plan to sign the player, so insinuating it was a facade to placate the fans who want to see transfer action. He hasn't been on the board for a good few months so unless it was planned before then, I'd question how he'd be able to tell us this. Only a small number of people are likely to be privy to such dealings, particularly if SISU have chopped out the likes of Joe Elliott who they clearly consider to be sleeping with the enemy.

cloughie

Understand what you are saying ,but isn't that what the Rotherham chairman said, we had a joke offer from Coventry and he thought it was just to show the fans that they were trying to sign players with no intention of buying him

ajsccfc

If Hoffman's merely echoing stuff he's read that's one thing, but be it SISU or the anti-SISU, the last few weeks have taught us if nothing else that every word should be questioned.

Lord_Nampil

I do no we rejected a bid on Wednesday for turner from Cardiff , just a cash offer! Cardiff came bk on Thursday with money and 2 players option and cov agreed! Let's just say the Hoff may no somethings but not everything! I have known this for 2 days and was told to say nothing so i was happy some one else broke the news!

stupot07

I do no we rejected a bid on Wednesday for turner from Cardiff , just a cash offer! Cardiff came bk on Thursday with money and 2 players option and cov agreed! Let's just say the Hoff may no somethings but not everything! I have known this for 2 days and was told to say nothing so i was happy some one else broke the news!

I hope it's miller and Whittingham!

Lawnmower

I hope it's miller and Whittingham!

Wouldn't be suprised if Gyepes was one of them. Hungarian international centre half, but 4th in the pecking order with us (Cardiff) at the moment.

Parkin could well be the other as I don't think he fits in with Malkys style/plans.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Maybe Stephen Mcphail and Jon Parkin. Can't see us wanting a CB as part of the deal as we already have Cranie, Keogh, Mcpake, Wood, Cameron

Lawnmower

Maybe, but McPhail is probably part of our plans.

Naylor (left back), Taiwo (midfield) don't seem to have a future with us, so I'd expect they've been offerred. Blake who played today may also have been offerred as we've got 3 injured CMs coming back, but its hard to tell not knowing if we've got players coming in or not, our squad's not massive.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Maybe, but McPhail is probably part of our plans.

Naylor (left back), Taiwo (midfield) don't seem to have a future with us, so I'd expect they've been offerred. Blake who played today may also have been offerred as we've got 3 injured CMs coming back, but its hard to tell not knowing if we've got players coming in or not, our squad's not massive.
Our squad is smaller so a 2 for 1 deal makes sense for us. Really don't see us being interested in any defenders in the deal as it is our strongest area.

skybluek

Were is every1 getting we are getting cash + 2 players from cardiff need there players as they have not got a huge squad we will likely just get cash for turner which wont be spent on any players unforntaly but thats the harsh reality at cov now

Otis

so, to confim, you knew this two days ago, and that we have been offered 2 players, but allyou are able to say is that one is Parkin. Well, I could have said that, its in the media !...Whos the other ?

Wait til it's officially announced and then he'll tell you! :D

Lawnmower

Were is every1 getting we are getting cash + 2 players from cardiff need there players as they have not got a huge squad we will likely just get cash for turner which wont be spent on any players unforntaly but thats the harsh reality at cov now

Yes we do, but we've also got to move a few out. Like most clubs there are always a few players out of favour who are surplus.
I'd guess we'd be looking to move these on and they might well do OK elsewhere.

The players I can see moving are Taiwo, midfielder signed from Dagenham after he had a stormer against us for £100k, but has hardly played and looks lost most of the time.

Gyepes, Hungarian International, played for Wolves but got a serious injury, moved back to HUngary got fit was signed by Northampton, was outstanging for them and then signed for £150k by us. Played well to start off with, but got injured again and hasn't been able to get back in the side regularly, thus looks rusty whenever he is called on.

Naylor, ex-Wolves and Celtic left back, who was skinned by the better right wingers last season and then dropped. Has looked better when called on so far this year, but now we have Andrew Taylor is 2nd choice at best.

Parkin - who you all know.

Others who are fringe but probably needed are Blake - a utility player, CH, CM, RB, LB who is normally on the bench but played CM yesterday. Wales international, but that doenst mean much. Hard worker, strong tackler, decent in the air, but not pacy and passing not great.

McPhail - excellent ball player CM, but has been ill with cancer, seems to be over it now, but behind Gunnar, Kiss and Whittingham in the pecking order. At 32/33 needs to be starting week in week out.

Wildig - promising youngster, only likely to go out on loan CM.

Jarvis - as above , striker.

Can't really see who else we could afford to let go .

CCFC123

How would he know the transfer goings-on when he's clearly persona non grata at the club?

Struth ajsccfc...reading som eof your posts you love a row with someone dont you ?!? Of course he knows what's going on... stop seeing the bad in everyone pal will you.

The guys genuine so give him a break.

PUSB

ajsccfc

Erm, what? I'm not rowing with anyone, merely questioning something rather than blindly believing it.

I don't need to give Hoffman a break nor am I 'seeing the bad' in him, I doubt he's crying himself to sleep because I asked a fairly sensible question.

Never mind, I just saw what inspired your post: the fact I questioned exactly what you were trying to say in your nonsensical thread. What a monster I am.

Last edited:

davebart

seems to me he has actually said b*gger all.

the bid could have been sorted????? it should have been sorted before they put it in. knows the rules????? then why get Bruce involved at all? Player being sold?????? surprise surprise what a revelation. w*nker.

Users who are viewing this thread