My thoughts (1 Viewer)

Astute

I am one of the rare optimists on here.

So far we have played not too bad. We have lost three games by a goal. One of them games we were winning until 90 mins. The other two games we got a draw. If Cody had scored a goal in each game (a massive ask) we would have another seven points. With a player that runs at defences you have opponents that sit a bit deeper. If not then that sort of player gets more chances. If they sit deeper they get less chances. Simple.

Our defence is playing well. Confidence will be up. I would think that a couple of loans covering midfield is now needed. A couple of attacking midfielders would be perfect. We could rest our youngsters a little. Jukey could get more confidence and join in with more goals. There is not a massive difference between most teams near the top and most teams near the bottom. One main difference is wether the teams have a goalscorer or not. If Cody can carry his form to the Championship then we can do well. Looking at his Vid scoring goals he can score from anywhere. Defenders hate players running at them. We are not in the Prem. He will not be playing against top defenders, so could have a good time this season. He will come to us with confidence.

A few wins will have us fly up the table. We have played some of our hardest games of the season already. Derby are doing well. We will have a better idea after our next game to where we are. When we play the average teams in this division we will pick up more points. If all goes well we could be looking at a top 6 place. Hardly any teams have spent much. Most teams have less players than last season. We are not alone. We only seem to see what we want to see. A couple of good results can get our season going. There is normally a team that gets promoted that at the start of the season were one of the relegation favourites at the start of the season. Why not us?

We have played some of our hardest games of the season already.

Sorry mate but i disagree there. Leicester haven't set the league alight and were down to 10 men. Same applies to Blues. We played both teams at the best time and we shouldf have got something from both. Watford should be a winnable game in our circumstances. Boro away was a decent result as we never win up there however we haven't played - Brighton, Southampton or West Ham or Cardiff who will all finish in the top 6 i reckon.

I have said all along that we are playing well and we are just missing a Marlon King, now Cody was the Marlon King of Gillingham. Can he continue that form in this league? I haven't had the pleasure of watching any of his goals as yet, but it sounds like he might. We really are a strong Team and the fact that we have not finished a match (except Bury) with a deficit of more than one proves this fact. We can finally look forward to the next few months. Lets hope SISU don't ship out top players in January. I honestly think they may have just bought survival.

covcity4life

i agree with alot of what you say,but i think top 6 is asking a tad too much

although anything is possible in this league

I have always thought we are nearly there, just lacking more threat up front, that hopefully cody will give us. I think cody and juke could feed off each other quite well and score some goals. I don't think we will finish in the top 6 but mid-table finish will be an achievement for us considering our finishing positions in the last few years.

skybluesteve76

Fantastic! A positive post :). I think we will get better and better every week, now we have a striker that will make runs aswell as terrify defenders with pace. I think some of our pretty sideways passing may start becoming a bit more threatening!

Users who are viewing this thread