Nathan Clarke (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Do they have a poster called Grendel Braithwaite Hickinbottom?

You were moaning about arguments, but jesus Christ you are like a dog with a bone.

Nick

Administrator
It's not arguing though. It's ribbing.

Who am I arguing with exactly? :)

Well you won't, you will moan when you "rib" about somebody who hasn't even posted in the thread and an argument happens and wonder why?

Anyway, I reckon Clarke will be in for Turnbull tomorrow unless he has to play Willis as full back.

Captain Dart

You were moaning about arguments, but jesus Christ you are like a dog with a bone.
Is that an attempt at comical irony Nick?

saltaire bantam

I found Vincelot too prone to concede possession at the back in a manner you could get away with in his natural position but spelt disaster in defence. If he's playing there now for Bradford he may have ironed it out.

He has got slack recently and was hooked at HT today, big call from SmC for the captain. Tbh he has played well at CB but his lack of height has left us vulnerable at set pieces.

Clarke is a very good CB and well thought of by our fans, he kept filling in then being dropped all last season but not a grumble, good pro, too good to not be playing.

ajsccfc

Clarke is a very good CB and well thought of by our fans, he kept filling in then being dropped all last season but not a grumble, good pro, too good to not be playing.

I was concerned he might not be match fit but I thought he had a good game, one thing that stood out was his composure under pressure at times. Very promising start

percy

hes the only player to my knowledge thats had a penalty saved at wembley from a keeper doing a bicycle kick :)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Here is his opinion....

Experienced, steady centre half. Played a lot last year not had a sniff this season. Will do a decent job. Not quick but very organised , vocal and wins headers and challenges
Pretty spot on opinion that based on his first display. Turnbull seemed to improve with someone constantly telling him what to do (not disparaging Willis, but that's not really his strength). Clarke's the type of centre half we've been crying out for since last Christmas.

Nick

Administrator
Had a great game considering his lack of game time before today.

Always talking to Turnball, who looked better (but still not his biggest fan).

Not sure I like seeing a number 7 in the back line though; doesn't seem right!
Who was our 7 before? Was it fleck?

Nick

Administrator
Pretty spot on opinion that based on his first display. Turnbull seemed to improve with someone constantly telling him what to do (not disparaging Willis, but that's not really his strength). Clarke's the type of centre half we've been crying out for since last Christmas.
Agree, put his head on everything and was commanding.

You could tell he wasn't used to a static keeper too.

Sky Blue Harry H

Big thumbs up, based on today. Looked solid - especially as they played the long ball a lot - as had a few big 'uns in their line up.

steve82

Solid performance, straight away won us a throw from appealing firmly to the Lino, won most his headers, something we've missed since Reda.
Made one or two minor errors as he's rusty from match fitness. But very commanding constantly taking to Turnbull, and everyone else. Pulled the strings at set pieces. Saying when to pump it into the box. More to come from him I'd say as he settles in.

I'm sure he will sort the keeper situation out to with RS... I'm sure Slade will be ironing out anything clarke suggests.

ccfclinney

Seems like the new signings did well! Hopefully a couple More good permanent additions stay up this season. I don't doubt we will stay up.

Users who are viewing this thread