Nathan Holland - is it worth the club checking if we can have him on loan? (1 Viewer)

better days

This lad is definitely worth looking at. A goal scoring wide man with pace who left Everton when they spent a fortune on Ademola Lookman who's the same age and plays a similar position. He's at West Ham now where fans who have seen him are very impressed. He's playing with the first team squad on tour presently but is unlikely to get in their Premier League team immediately because they're bringing in expensive older players for the forward line. They might be persuaded to let him come to us loan to play men's football

Sky Blue Harry H

Sounds good, but I would be more hopeful of picking up this type of player if we were a league higher - unfortunately I suspect one or two clubs won't want their 'young fledglings' subjected to the L2 neanderthals (although it may be a great learning curve for them).

Otis

This lad is definitely worth looking at. A goal scoring wide man with pace who left Everton when they spent a fortune on Ademola Lookman who's the same age and plays a similar position. He's at West Ham now where fans who have seen him are very impressed. He's playing with the first team squad on tour presently but is unlikely to get in their Premier League team immediately because they're bringing in expensive older players for the forward line. They might be persuaded to let him come to us loan to play men's football

So not exactly a possible loan target and more a wishful thinking 'I'd like him here on loan' target then. :)

better days

Sounds good, but I would be more hopeful of picking up this type of player if we were a league higher - unfortunately I suspect one or two clubs won't want their 'young fledglings' subjected to the L2 neanderthals (although it may be a great learning curve for them).
They have let their lads play in League 2
Josh Pask for instance was at Dagenham & Redbridge a couple of seasons back
They've had some bad experiences lately with players such as Martin Samuelson and Marcus Brown going on loan last year but not getting games so it's definitely a possibility
There's not a vast difference between League 1 and League 2 but there is a chasm between U23 football and men's full time pro football

better days

Is this an actual thing or just an idea by you?
We seem to have some connection with West Ham. We had Lewis Page last year and there was talk of Marcus Brown coming - he went to Wigan in the end but hardly played
Just a thought really as Nathan Holland is establishing a reputation in the game and football is a small world

Otis

We seem to have some connection with West Ham. We had Lewis Page last year and there was talk of Marcus Brown coming - he went to Wigan in the end but hardly played
Just a thought really as Nathan Holland is establishing a reputation in the game and football is a small world
Yeah, but Coventry City are usually on a different planet.

ceetee

Our first team U23s were certainly more street wise than the U23s from higher leagues

SkyblueBazza

If he is that good he will not stick around...which is going backwards by constantly upsetting the applecart. Loan players should be a last resort or for emergencies only. Get the team spirit raised & maintained. Loans in & out without any real desire of hanging around for a long term contract is bad business imo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread