Netflix - Making a murderer (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Can they get any more info out of it at the minute or are they hoping for a retrial situation to film?

chiefdave

I would guess they will follow the new lawyer and her attempts to get it back into court. She seems pretty confident in getting an appeal hearing so that will be the focus of the series.

Surely at the very least Brendan Dassey will get released. Can't see how his conviction stands up to any scrutiny.

Otis

The last effort was over 10 years in the making wasn't it?

Isn't this now going to be a rushed job to appease a hungry audience?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

I would guess they will follow the new lawyer and her attempts to get it back into court. She seems pretty confident in getting an appeal hearing so that will be the focus of the series.

Surely at the very least Brendan Dassey will get released. Can't see how his conviction stands up to any scrutiny.
Unbelievable that some over there still think his conviction is safe.

chiefdave

Avery's new lawyer is saying she has had the cellphone records checked and they show that Halbach did actually leave the Avery property.

Given that the prosecutions claim was that he forced her to stay on the property and killed her that could be enough to get in back into court on the basis of new evidence.

chiefdave

Wouldn't they have checked that before?

Apparently only used to show what calls were made. Nobody triangulated the records from the towers (or whatever it is they do) to work out the location of the phones. She's now claiming it shows Avery remaining at home while Hallbach leaves.

Otis

Wow! If true that is massive!

Mind, in saying that, couldn't that just mean that the phone might have been moved rather than it of her leaving?

chiefdave

Mind, in saying that, couldn't that just mean that the phone might have been moved rather than it of her leaving?

If it was me I'd try and get Dassey a retrial first. I can't see how that would hold up to any scrutiny and the whole thing could tumble down like a house of cards.

By the time Avery gets to retrial with 'new' evidence if Dassey's already been ruled wrongfully convicted that has to put him in a pretty strong position.

mrtrench

Nearly completed watching this; it's unbelievable isn't it? I know the defence team doesn't accuse the police of the murder due to the negative impact it is likely to have on the jury. I also know there is no evidence that they did it. However they certainly seem to have motivation and opportunity.

Sick Boy

Just finished watching this and it's tragic. I am convinced they are both victims of corruption and it shows just how bad the American justice system is. I wonder how many innocent people have been put to death in that backwards country?

Their use of emotive language and fake tears was disgusting as well.

Sick Boy

It gets worse and worse...really highlights how bad the American justice system is and how absurd their country is.

Nick

Administrator
It gets worse and worse...really highlights how bad the American justice system is and how absurd their country is.

It makes you wonder why somebody up the chain doesn't see it and question it.

Whether he did it or not, the shoddy way they have gone about it, how dodgy it all is.

Sick Boy

It makes you wonder why somebody up the chain doesn't see it and question it.

Whether he did it or not, the shoddy way they have gone about it, how dodgy it all is.

...I guess it would be because it would essentially be admitting that their country and justice system is corrupt, exposing them for the hypocrites that they are.

CCFC88

Finished it this weekend, had us glued for a week, knew there was a thread on here but avoided it, and wikipedia, like the plague until I had heard the verdict, I still wasnt sure how the verdict would go.

For me the revelations about the jury said so much, the bloke who was excused seemed almost traumatised talking about it. He said that the initial count was 7 innocent, 3 guilty and 2 undecided. Im sure he said that the 3 who were siding for guilty were not budging at all, after was it 3/4 days of deliberation?, it sounds like they got there way and people who were not guilty on first count were drained and wanted to get it over with.

That sounds fishy to me, I have no idea how jurys are picked but after hearing some of the stuff they got away with over the trial I wouldnt put it past the prosecution having influence over a handful of jurors.

chiefdave

Netflix have ordered more episodes which will be what has happened since the first series. Is there something happening soon they know about that we don't?

Skinnythebear

Great series and can't wait for the next.
My theory for what it's worth.
Bobby Dassey and the other bloke (ex husband) who tried to alibi him done it.
They also forced his idiot brother to make up the confession.
The problem with the defence team is they could drive a bus through both their stories but weren't allowed to imply somebody else did it on the instruction of the judge!!!
Absolutely mind blowing, the judge is as corrupt as fuck and he is also the judge who heard the appeal WTF!!!!

vow

I haven't read the whole thread, due to not wanting to see any spoilers.

Is this worth watching? and what can you compare it to?

Nick

Administrator
Yep you should watch it.

Can't really compare it to anything, it is good though! Very gripping.

vow

Yep you should watch it.

Can't really compare it to anything, it is good though! Very gripping.
Thanks, it appears i can get the first episode on Youtube, will give it a watch.

Otis

Justice served you would have to say, albeit very bloody late!!

Glad to hear he will be free. It was a travesty and the obtaining of a confession, a disgrace.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Pipehitterz

They still have to decide whether to retrial so at the present Moment he's not getting out in 90 days.

Personally , I think Brendon was the murderer and tried to frame Avery.

Otis

Seriously? Interesting.

That lad couldn't frame a painting to my mind. Totally lacked the intelligence.

From what I recall, if not Avery, it was the cousin and brother in law who looked rather dodgy.

I'm sure that Dassey would have just cracked and told the truth under intense questioning, as he didn't have the mental capacity to perpetuate a lie under such pressure.

At no point did anything he said make any sense, or point to him being the perpetrator did it? I think with such a low IQ he would have just broke and tied himself up in knots.

Might watch it all again just before the new documentary comes out.

Pipehitterz

Seriously? Interesting.

That lad couldn't frame a painting to my mind. Totally lacked the intelligence.

From what I recall, if not Avery, it was the cousin and brother in law who looked rather dodgy.

I'm sure that Dassey would have just cracked and told the truth under intense questioning, as he didn't have the mental capacity to perpetuate a lie under such pressure.

At no point did anything he said make any sense, or point to him being the perpetrator did it? I think with such a low IQ he would have just broke and tied himself up in knots.

Might watch it all again just before the new documentary comes out.
It's why I thought he did it. He had a few , what appeared to be , truths , then a lot of led and non led stories.

I got the idea that he was trying to frame his uncle, for hinted at unspecified sexual abuse , and maybe raped and killed the Girl
Panicked about getting rid of the car and the body , then set about , in his own dumb ass way , in making his uncle look guilty.

The police were just so wanting Avery's head , they pushed it Away from dassey being the killer and just tried to take Avery down
They were facing financial ruin and possible loss of career , over these bunch of retards, I don't think they had a choice.

There is a lot of story not being told, it will be interesting if the rival prosecution story makes it out there
Avery , for all his dumb ways, must be some kind of genius criminal if he was involved at all
He did not waver once in questioning , you would need to have a nine of steel to pull that off
Dassey just seemed all over the place, like he was only covering his own back.

100% convinced it was the boy , the whole crime appeared to be childish in it's nature

Otis

It's why I thought he did it. He had a few , what appeared to be , truths , then a lot of led and non led stories.

I got the idea that he was trying to frame his uncle, for hinted at unspecified sexual abuse , and maybe raped and killed the Girl
Panicked about getting rid of the car and the body , then set about , in his own dumb ass way , in making his uncle look guilty.

The police were just so wanting Avery's head , they pushed it Away from dassey being the killer and just tried to take Avery down
They were facing financial ruin and possible loss of career , over these bunch of retards, I don't think they had a choice.

There is a lot of story not being told, it will be interesting if the rival prosecution story makes it out there
Avery , for all his dumb ways, must be some kind of genius criminal if he was involved at all
He did not waver once in questioning , you would need to have a nine of steel to pull that off
Dassey just seemed all over the place, like he was only covering his own back.

100% convinced it was the boy , the whole crime appeared to be childish in it's nature
Hmm, I thought Dassey was all over the place because he was of very low intelligence and how no idea of what was going on.

Avery too wasn't clever was he and like you say, the cover up would have to have been very well planned.

Pipehitterz

Hmm, I thought Dassey was all over the place because he was of very low intelligence and how no idea of what was going on.

Avery too wasn't clever was he and like you say, the cover up would have to have been very well planned.
Definitely Avery is stupid too. You saw how the police fell over themselves , but Avery was Stone cold the whole time, making him a genius bad guy .
That's why Avery is innocent in my eyes. Dassey was talking too much , this is a sure sign of guilt , his low intelligence just added to it

Sick Boy

Good bless America! How many innocent people have been murdered after incorrect verdicts being delivered? Horrible backwards country.

Samo

I've not read this thread as I'm only on ep2 and don't want a spoiler... but fucking hell, just fucking hell!

CCFC88

The thing that gets me was the complete lack of blood/DNA in and around Averys trailer, I personally think the cousin and the brother (were these the two that were each others alibi, they said they drove past each other after fishing or something like that?) killed her away from the trailer site, burned her body at the quarry and framed Avery.

These seemed to be the only two in the whole family that could stand up to questioning and build a back story the police wanted to hear.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they had someone on the inside at the police to help them, the fella who took the phone call from the neighbouring police force in Averys first case, Conrad? Conway? His name escapes me.

CCFC88

Season 2, Dassey released after wrongful conviction, sues police force, framed for a Murder with his Nephew.

Users who are viewing this thread