"New" 606 starting back up (1 Viewer)

egastap

Recieved an e-mail yesterday from a Matthew Bronner, inviting me back to the 'NEW 606'. Yikes, that's been a long time gone eh?

Anyone else been invited, or am I the 'special one'?

egastap

Are you sure it's the BBC one though and not the crap one some random fan made

This is the e-mail; I don't recall signing up for anything other than SBT in 2008. Am I being 'had'?

Hi Egastap
You are receiving this e-mail because you are registered as a member on New 606.
I have always had an active interest in sport, ranging from football to bizarre sports such as curling. Sport will always be close to our hearts, sport keeps us fit, we find sport entertaining (most of the time) and sport brings us together.
James (HARTJA1991) has done a fantastic job creating a community of sport enthusiasts, bringing us together just like sport does. I would like to thank HARTJA1991 especially for making the website possible.
I would also like to give credit to the moderators we have, as they have also helped the community grow, therefore I would like to thank all moderators for the hard work and effort they put in on a daily basis to keep the community a sane place.
Overnight, I was working hard behind the scenes to make some slight moderation changes. Larry-AV has been promoted from a moderator to a super moderator and Amelia Chaffinch has been made a moderator of our General Discussion forums and the Huddersfield Town forum.
You can view the details of all moderators, their roles, and more by visiting the following page:
http://www.new-606.co.uk/showteam.php
Moderation isn't the only thing to change, we also have a new design that we would like your feedback on:
http://www.new-606.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=12580
Following a round of feedback, the design will be finalised and then work will start on applying the new design.
This is just one of many suggestions people have been adding to the suggestion box which I urge you all to take advantage of:
http://www.new-606.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=210
Once the design has been successfully implemented, work will start on improving areas such as user registration, cross forum posting, and a few other ideas that have already been suggested. With all current suggestions complete, we will start a hard marketing campaign aimed at attracting a wide variety of sports enthusiast. The marketing will help the community grow, help us share knowledge and interact with those with a similar interest.
Some users have said they are already happy with the website and have raised questions to why any of this is happening. Please rest assured that the changes being made are to make the website more user-friendly, attract new users and help the community engage as they did on the BBC 606 website.
I would like to thank you in anticipation for your patience as work is carried out. There may be the odd disruption to services from time to time but this will be kept to a minimum.
I would also like to thank you for being part of the community and taking the time to read my opening statement.
Kind regards
Matthew Bonner

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I dont think that is a BBC site. or anything to do with the old 606. just cashing in

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread