New Boss Decision Made??? (1 Viewer)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
After checking SkyBet today they have taken the next Coventry manager odds list off! Does this mean that a decision has been made?? No announcement on the new boss has been made as of yet but maybe they have been tipped off that a decision has been made but they haven't said who it is so they have cancelled betting on it to stop insiders putting cheeky (probably illegal) bets on it...

Possible announcement to be made tomorrow???

Personally I think it will be Mowbray..

Thoughts?

:eek::eek::eek:

RytonCalum

Hmm it is a bit weird why Sky Bet have took it off when they seem to be the bookies who are following it most. Although i'd have thought it's a bit weird to take it off before it's been officially announced so they can still take money off you :p If they do know something we don't then it is probably one of their favourites who have got it.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

i don't think its because a decesion has been made,a few time's that i've check sky bet it's been listed then the next time it's not.The odds are also on Victor Chandler.I want Mowbray or Cotterill but i think they will go for cheap option with Paul Hart,no appointment until after early bird offer i think as might put a few people off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky Blue Luke

RytonCalum

I want Mowbray or Cotterill but i think they will go for cheap option with Paul Hart,no appointment until after early bird offer i think as might put a few people off.

I suppose they'll have to weigh up the costs of getting a good manager and the amount of season tickets they'll sell. I'd have thought they'd get someone a bit more exciting than Hart to boost the ticket sales, although you're probably right about the early bird deal. I'd like Curbishly if it was possible, maybe Cotterill, and Mowbray is a risk but at least he's more exciting!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Tony Mowbray is now favourite on Victor Chandler at 7/4 followed by Steve Cotterill at 7/2.Alan Irvine isnt on the list but worryingly Southgate and Hart are 3rd and 4th favorites.
Phil Brown is also now being strongly linked,maybe we are just waiting for his settlement with Hull to be finalised?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TrevorsathisPeake

I just feel that if he wanted Mowbray,Curbishley or Cotterill they could have been in by now.Brown did well to get Hull up but the man is an idiot,and the majority of there fans wanted rid.

Sky Blue Luke

Victor Chandler.

Tony Mowbray - 5/2
Steve Cotterill - 11/10
Paul Hart - 10/1
Alan Curbishley - 12/1
Eric Black - 14/1
George Burley - 14/1
Gary Megson - 16/1
Jim Gannon - 16/1
Csaba Laszlo - 16/1
Sean O'Driscoll - 18/1
Derek McInnes - 18/1
Phil Brown - 20/1
Peter Taylor - 20/1
Paul Tisdale - 20/1
Gareth Southgate - 20/1
Gary Speed - 20/1
Eddie Howe - 20/1
Brendan Rodgers - 20/1
Paul Ince - 20/1
Laszlo Boloni - 25/1
Glenn Hoddle - 25/1
Paul Jewell - 25/1
Steve McClaren - 25/1
Dean Holdsworth - 25/1
Keith Hill - 25/1
Jim McInally - 33/1
David O'Leary - 33/1
Liam Daish - 40/1
Jim Magilton - 40/1​

Nick

Administrator
George Boateng also had a dig at Brown saying how he didn't have very good man management skills after the Man City incident.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
When Coleman was first sacked I wasn't interested in Mowbray but I've got to admit the idea is growing on me now... might as well finish 19th playing exciting stuff!! People moan about Phil Brown but he did get Hull up which is just as good as what Holloway has done this year with his Blackpool team and everyone is suddenly up Holloway's arse (even more so then when he took our friends across the way down!) He also managed to keep them up for a season which is more then Mowbray had ever done with his West Brom team. I also wouldn't take in too much of what players say about gaffers, everyone has their own personal tastes and you never really know if what the papers say is true.

But yeah anyway, Ranson just sign Mowbray and get it over with I'm bored of obsessively checking all the sports pages everyday for the new boss!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

To be fair i had good feelings and was happy with the appointments of our last 3 managers,Adams,Dowie and Coleman.And they all flopped,big time.

Nick

Administrator
It is looking more and more likely to be Cotterill, especially if he was spotted at Ryton and now in talks with us.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

It says in todays Express we are about to make an official approach for Nigel Pearson.Would'nt that be funny,probably untrue i know but if it was true!!!!!!!!Personally i think Leicester blew there big chance this season and will be nowhere near the play-offs next season.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Even if it was true I wouldn't want Pearson. Everyone moaned about longball but Pearson is alot more longball then Cookie. Got Leicester out of a poor league and rode on that momentum this season, they will see Pearson's true ability this season when they are back in the bottom half of the league with us. Foxes might think he's god now but they are as fickle as us and when they are down there with us next season they will be calling for his head.

RytonCalum

I'm unsure about Cotterill, seems like a decent bloke but so was Coleman! I'm going to reserve judgement until later in the season.
Also he may just be the first of a few interviews this week, so we don't know if it's a done deal yet.

covladzak

To get out of the Championship we need a big physical side, and long balls won't hurt a bit.. A Big Sam side, not pretty but effective.....Or a mid 90's Wimbledon type side...;)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I hope this post makes sense ill try my best to make it easy lol, in my view its between SC and TM.Now if i was ranson our any of us for that matter we have to look at this appointment of which ever manager in the long run what decisions they make that decides the future of the club.For example say we hire SC he dips into the transfer market buys the players HE decides and first 7 games of the season we win 1 and lose the rest or dont get off to a good start says visa vursa with TM. Could ranson look back and then think maybe if i had hired TM he would have bought different players that would off changed the out come of the these games and different tactics on the pitch that see the club go foward and upwards in the long term which ranson got kinda wrong with CC.My point is both managers will make different decisions over the season im just wary the fact of who ever we hire and it goes wrong will we saying in few months time what if we hired the other guy where would we be now.I feel this club is in limbo at the moment we need a manger who is going to push for the play offs bring in the right players who can do it and a manager who can do it with tight budget over the next 2 seasons.

Dingogotthebaby

Can't see Cotterill being the man to push us onto a play-off place. He walked into a county side that had as good as won promotion. His time at Burnley never really took off.

Mowbray needs money to get results, which is money we don't have. So Jim Gannon would be the best choice. Still, I'd rather have anyone as long as it's not Paul "have tactic board will travel" Hart.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

A bit harsh on Cotterill maybe,Notts County were 7th when he took over,won 14,drew 3 and lost 1 of his games in charge to get promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread