New contract - Ryan Haynes (1 Viewer)

steve82

Surely the best way to do that is to give him an opportunity to play. If he cuts it great then offer him improved terms. Lets be honest if a bigger club wants him they will blow any increased wage we offer out of the water anyway.

Very true they can sweep in and take him.
It's all down to the lad really and what his aims are. Does he wanna stick to it here being close to a first team game or move up to a better academy on better wages but miles off the 1st team.

That's where I feel a new improved contract may keep him happy to stay and develop more here with a better pathway.

I'm not one for offering contracts out on a hope especially as we're a league two club where every penny needs to be put towards the now and 1st team but the lads looked promising and has a lot of potential that could be worth a lot more in 12/18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

I'm so so about Haynes. I don't think it would have been a massive loss for us to have got a fee for him and invested that in the team. I do remember when he first broke through under Pressley though and he looked like a great prospect. Seems to be a confidence player so let's hope he can build on MR wanting to give him a deal and the cup win. Very big season for him.

SlowerThanPlatt

This just leaves George Thomas who hasn't signed a new contract then. It says Haynes contract starts on the 1st of July so from then I don't think Thomas is contractually our player

Esoterica

Turnbull and Beavon don't technically need to sign, they just need to say they're not going to activate the clause in their contract. I'm not sure if it lasts the whole window but we could be in for a long one wait to hear if they're staying.
31st July the break clause is until.

''Defender Jordan Turnbull and Striker Stuart Beavon have the option to leave the club before 31st July 2017, due to existing clauses in their current contracts.''

covcity4life

thats left back sorted now

we need 1 rb and 1 cb ideally. or at least 1 of them so that willis can concentrate on one position

Nick

Administrator
31st July the break clause is until.

''Defender Jordan Turnbull and Striker Stuart Beavon have the option to leave the club before 31st July 2017, due to existing clauses in their current contracts.''

Ah so another month for them to decide!

Captain Dart

I'm so made up for Grendel I really am.
Quite by far the best thing about this is that it shows him up. :emoji_smile_cat::emoji_smile_cat::emoji_smile_cat::emoji_smile_cat::emoji_smile_cat:

More seriously, Haynes has got plenty about him, he he just needs to be a bit more consistent and cut out his defensive howlers (if he is staying at LB).

eastwoodsdustman

All he needs to do to drastically improve his game is to bulk up.

Hoping he's spent all summer in gym and eating pies to do just that

This is a must. Saw him season before last outside the shop at fleetwood. My son, who was 15 at the time and with me, was bigger physically than Ryan was. He looked like a skinny 13 year old.

Esoterica

He presented the prizes at our football presentation night, that's where that comes from, surprised he's staying, looking forward to Grendel having a meltdown
Will refer to you as 'Shite All Night' from now on :woot:. You might still be right though, signing a new contract is still no guarantee he won't be sold for a better price than the poxy tribunal fees!

steve82

thats left back sorted now

we need 1 rb and 1 cb ideally. or at least 1 of them so that willis can concentrate on one position

I'd be tempted to give Haynes a go further forward as a lefts sided attacking forward as opposed to Kyle Reid.
He did well when further up the pitch cutting in and scored a few goals as a result.

We need some right sided defensive options now as we're very light that side with only DKE, Hyam and Willis currently registered 1st team players. The rest are left footers.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is though, have played against some decent semi pro type players and although they look skinny it's harder than you think to get near them. Not so much brute strength but more they know how to shield it away from you.

Always remember playing 5 a side and in the end just putting them into the wall every time.

It wouldn't be too hard for Haynes to bulk up a bit if he wanted to, G Thomas did the opposite this season. He was massively top heavy at the start of the season and then was much leaner and quicker when he came back.

Nick

Administrator
Haynes doesn't need to bulk up, he'll lose his turn of pace. His biggest problem is concentration but he improved under Robins. Let's hope it continues.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Don't mean like Arnie, just a bit more about him but not enough to lose too much pace. It didn't harm Wilson too much.

It does depend if he is going to be played in a defensive role too.

Liquid Gold

Haynes doesn't need to bulk up, he'll lose his turn of pace. His biggest problem is concentration but he improved under Robins. Let's hope it continues.

I feel like he has a confidence problem too, really needs to believe in himself. His outburst last season when Page arrived didn't help either.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'm surprised he's re-signed, but st the same time not surprised he hasn't managed to get a better offer.

Such a marmite player. Always blowing hot and cold. So many managers have commented about his off the field work and not always in a positive way. He must have really worked hard to prove to Robins he is worth another deal!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Correct. Quick feet & speed of thought will out perform brute force & ignorance every time.

Cavan O'Doherty

Just a back up player. Would much rather have Stokes and Camwell playing ahead of him. Defensively poor and any championship team that comes along can have him.

Esoterica

For me it's positional with him, it's woeful at times - but that might be down to concentration as you say.

RoboCCFC90

This deal makes sense, Haynes had returned for pre-season training and appears that paper talk about move was just paper talk.

fatso

The fact that he waited till the last day of June before signing again, tells me he was desperately waiting for some other team to show an interest. He's another academy player who showed great potential, but so far hasn't pushed on, or been consistent enough, despite being given enough games.
I guess we've at least filled a space on the bench.

RoboCCFC90

If I was Mark Robins I would look to play Ryan Haynes more advanced as a Winger, defensively (for me) he has never been solid, but going forward he has great athletisism, good technique and some skills, plus having watched him during the academy days he can hit the ball as well!

Skyblueweeman

Thinking about Thomas. The odds are really stacked against smaller clubs with academies. Years spent investing in and developing players only for them to fuck off at the first opportunity.

Agree with this. I read something on the BBC site this morning about Bournemouth brining in that young lad from Chelsea and on their comments suggestion, the top rated comment alluded to us. They were saying that something needs to be done to stop the big EPL clubs signing youngsters for a pittance, then selling them on for vastly inflated prices as it's ruining the lower league teams. I think in this instance, the lad came from Feyenoord but the same thing applies with UK lower league clubs.

Great_Expectations

He has shown signs of being a good player, but he's inconsistent and not the strongest defensively. Despite that, he did improve under MR, so let's hope it continues and he fulfills that potential.

Following Camwell signing I wasn't expecting this to happen, unless it's indication that Stokes will be playing CB this year with Haynes LB.

Voice_of_Reason

I'd be tempted to give Haynes a go further forward as a lefts sided attacking forward as opposed to Kyle Reid.
He did well when further up the pitch cutting in and scored a few goals as a result.

We need some right sided defensive options now as we're very light that side with only DKE, Hyam and Willis currently registered 1st team players. The rest are left footers.

I agree with this. He is more a forward player than a defender.

clint van damme

I'm happy about this, can understand some people misgivings but I feel he's not far away from being a really good player.
Fernando mentioned his concentration and I think that's key.

Nick

Administrator
I'm happy about this, can understand some people misgivings but I feel he's not far away from being a really good player.
Fernando mentioned his concentration and I think that's key.

Things like that will improve with having players like Doyle and Kelly around him and other leaders too.

skybluepm2

Seriously not bothered about him re-signing. How many chances are we going to give the bloke in the hope he may come good? We've all been saying the same thing for the past 5 years yet there has been no consistency and no real hope that he is going to turn out to be a decent player. Offers nothing defensively and the occasional successful foray forward isn't enough for the past few years waiting for this talent to be realized.

He was never going to be snapped up by a Championship club, this will be his level and if he excels then so be it. Same with Burge. 2 players re-signed for convenience rather than talent.

SkyBlueCRJ

Whilst there are mixed reviews, I'm happy Haynes has signed on for another 2 years. Having just Camwell as an understudy to Stokes would have been a risk as in the event of an injury to the latter, I personally wouldn't want to put my faith in an 18 yo who's barely kicked a ball at senior level. Gives us a chance to gradually integrate him and work on his development. Hoping this is the year Haynes kicks on. His got a real chance to compete with Stokes at this level, but he needs to step up.

Users who are viewing this thread