New Coventry United Shop (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

vow

Fair enough, Nick. But why edit the Title from "New Club Shop"?

Nick

Administrator
How about just leaving it and let other people decide for themselves instead of dictating?

Because if it isn't misleading they can decide before, rather than going all clickbait on it ;)

If it's titled "New Club Shop" people instantly think it is for CCFC. The same as when people do things like "Collins Signs" and then put "For Luton".

vow

I believe people are intelligent enough to understand the difference between "Football & Other Sports" and "Coventry City General Chat"?

And to call it "clickbait" ffs, you think that's why I posted the thread? Get a grip.

vow

Am i missing something?..... why the fuck does it matter if it was edited
It matters because I thought this was an open forum and you could post what you like within reason, not be dictated too.

Nick

Administrator
I believe people are intelligent enough to understand the difference between "Football & Other Sports" and "Coventry City General Chat"?

And to call it "clickbait" ffs, you think that's why I posted the thread? Get a grip.

If they click "New Posts" or use Tapatalk it isn't that obvious where it is and people might see the title and think we have a new club shop and click anyway.

I'm not sure what the massive issue is?

Nick

Administrator
It matters because I thought this was an open forum and you could post what you like within reason, not be dictated too.

So what's the issue? Why does it bother you?

I edited the title from "New Club Shop" to "New Coventry United Shop" to prevent any confusion and people seeing it and thinking we had one. Common sense.

It's hardly being dictated to because 2 words were changed in the title to stop confusion and people from being a bit misled.

steve82

If they click "New Posts" or use Tapatalk it isn't that obvious where it is and people might see the title and think we have a new club shop and click anyway.

I'm on Tapatalk and it don't come up as what sub forum topics are posted in.
Hence my initial response.

Otis

I always only click new posts, so am never sure which forum threads are in.

chiefdave

Seems that Vow has a serious case of the Gilberts. If you have a thread titled new club shop on a CCFC forum most people will draw the obvious conclusion.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, so why edit it?
Don't become a dictator and ruin the forum.

Yes, quite clearly dictating because I changed the title to stop confusion.

What's the massive issue that it says "New Club Shop" and not "New Coventry United Shop"? Does it make a massive difference to you, considering the post content is exactly the same?

Otis

Seems that Vow has a serious case of the Gilberts. If you have a thread titled new club shop on a CCFC forum most people will draw the obvious conclusion.
Yep.

That it couldn't be ours because we never do owt positive.

vow

Hardly, Dave, I think you'll find a lot of titles on the forum are leading or some misleading to get folks to read it, plus it was in the "Football and Other sports" Forum.

ha, I don't go to "newest post" myself as I'm on PC so can always tell the difference between forums.

Anyhow, Nick, what's the problem of people being mis-lead/lead in the first place, isn't that the whole point of a forum? they can look and decide for themselves.

Otis

To be fair, Vow (nice chap that you are and all that), if anyone (like me) always only clicks on 'new posts' and they see a thread saying 'New club shop,' they would indeed think it was a new Coventry City shop.

I am glad for the slight amendment. :)

Liquid Gold

If Cov Utd open a new shop in a scooter place and there is nobody that gives a shit then does it really exist.

Nick

Administrator
Hardly, Dave, I think you'll find a lot of titles on the forum are leading or some misleading to get folks to read it, plus it was in the "Football and Other sports" Forum.

ha, I don't go to "newest post" myself as I'm on PC so can always tell the difference between forums.

Anyhow, Nick, what's the problem of people being mis-lead/lead in the first place, isn't that the whole point of a forum? they can look and decide for themselves.

If I spot ones that are clearly misleading like that I adjust them so they aren't and always have done and then try and delete the tweets they generate so they don't mislead. I don't always catch them in time but try when I can.

The whole point of a forum isn't for misleading thread titles and then they click in and see it's not what they thought, no.

I'm not too sure why you are so keen for people to be misled into thinking it is a CCFC club shop you are on about when it isn't?

vow

If I spot ones that are clearly misleading like that I adjust them so they aren't and always have done and then try and delete the tweets they generate so they don't mislead. I don't always catch them in time but try when I can.

The whole point of a forum isn't for misleading thread titles and then they click in and see it's not what they thought, no.

I'm not too sure why you are so keen for people to be misled into thinking it is a CCFC club shop you are on about when it isn't?
I'm not keen for folks being misled at all and as I keep mentioning it's not in the Cov General forum but in Other Sports, it's not my problem that some folks choose newest post!

I meant, the whole point of a forum is freedom of speech and if people get led to read it, what is the harm? your reputation or something? ha!

Users who are viewing this thread