New Coventry United Shop (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I'm not keen for folks being misled at all and as I keep mentioning it's not in the Cov General forum but in Other Sports, it's not my problem that some folks choose newest post!

I meant, the whole point of a forum is freedom of speech and if people get led to read it, what is the harm? your reputation or something? ha!

You have your freedom of speech, the post content is exactly the same. It's nothing to do with freedom of speech, that's a line people play when they have an agenda.

It might not be your problem if people use New Posts or Tapatalk, but you quite clearly have an issue with 2 words being changed to take away people being misled to think it was CCFC which is very strange.

Why are you so keen for people to think that?

Last edited:

Otis

I'm not keen for folks being misled at all and as I keep mentioning it's not in the Cov General forum but in Other Sports, it's not my problem that some folks choose newest post!

I meant, the whole point of a forum is freedom of speech and if people get led to read it, what is the harm? your reputation or something? ha!

You do realise if I had read 'New Club Shop' by my clicking 'New Posts' I would have skipped around the room and snogged the wife and we can't be having that.

I would have 100% read that title as a new club shop for the City.

vow

You have your freedom of speech, the post content is exactly the same. It's nothing to do with freedom of speech, that's a line people play when they have an agenda.

It might not be your problem if people use New Posts or Tapatalk, but you quite clearly have an issue with 2 words being changed to take away people being misled to think it was CCFC which is very strange.

Why are you so keen for people to think that?
As I have already written, "I'm not keen for folks being misled at all and as I keep mentioning" so that's answered that.

Its not "just 2 words" is it though? It's the principle of changing an innocent title, you're on a slippery slope to dictating what folks do or do not click on.

Nick

Administrator
As I have already written, "I'm not keen for folks being misled at all and as I keep mentioning" so that's answered that.

Its not "just 2 words" is it though? It's the principle of changing an innocent title, you're on a slippery slope to dictating what folks do or do not click on.

It isn't dictating anything, it wasn't an innocent title as it was clearly misleading. Even though it is in Football and Other Sports it still didn't state who's club shop it was anyway.

There is no slippery slope, it's preventing people from being misled into thinking it meant a CCFC club shop.

Just saying you aren't keen for people being misled doesn't alter that you seem to have a strange issue with me preventing it by just making a title more descriptive and less misleading.

vow

It was an innocent title, due to not being in the main cov general. I believe you are dictating, so I think it's best if we agree to disagree, perhaps?

Nick

Administrator
It was an innocent title, due to not being in the main cov general. I believe you are dictating, so I think it's best if we agree to disagree, perhaps?

How is it dictating by changing the title to prevent it from misleading?

It wasn't an innocent title, because even then in "Football and Other Sports" what is the "New Club Shop" about? It's not a Coventry United section, so that doesn't work out. Is it Cov Rugby, is it Sphinx, is it Bedworth United, is it Man United?

It's very strange.

vow

How is it dictating by changing the title to prevent it from misleading?

It wasn't an innocent title, because even then in "Football and Other Sports" what is the "New Club Shop" about? It's not a Coventry United section, so that doesn't work out. Is it Cov Rugby, is it Sphinx, is it Bedworth United, is it Man United?

It's very strange.
Not strange at all, perhaps you should dictate to others regarding misleading titles and put up a sticky about it?

It's "Football and Other sports" not CCFC related, if it was a new club shop for City then I would have put the same title in there.

Nick

Administrator
Not strange at all, perhaps you should dictate to others regarding misleading titles and put up a sticky about it?

It's "Football and Other sports" not CCFC related, if it was a new club shop for City then I would have put the same title in there.

When others post misleading titles and try to be cheeky and put "so and so signs" then they get edited to.

Yes, but "New Club Shop" in "Football and Other Sports" still doesn't explain it....

It's just common sense, it's a title.

Still really confused about why you are so bothered about tricking people into thinking it is for CCFC.

vow

When others post misleading titles and try to be cheeky and put "so and so signs" then they get edited to.

Yes, but "New Club Shop" in "Football and Other Sports" still doesn't explain it....

It's just common sense, it's a title.

Still really confused about why you are so bothered about tricking people into thinking it is for CCFC.
No tricking people involved, that's your assumption. I agree, it is just common sense, it's just a title, so why change it.....

Nick

Administrator
No tricking people involved, that's your assumption. I agree, it is just common sense, it's just a title, so why change it.....

Because it was misleading people into thinking it was about CCFC, so it was changed to add Coventry United in to make it pretty clear who's club shop it was.

It isn't my assumption, your massive issue with it makes it look like you have an issue that people may not click it now. Nobody else has ever had an issue with it.

vow

Because it was misleading people into thinking it was about CCFC, so it was changed to add Coventry United in to make it pretty clear who's club shop it was.

It isn't my assumption, your massive issue with it makes it look like you have an issue that people may not click it now.
Ha, nah you're wrong, Nick, nothing to do with click-bait or whatever, just the principle of changing a title by the site owner, dictating.

Nick

Administrator
Ha, nah you're wrong, Nick, nothing to do with click-bait or whatever, just the principle of changing a title by the site owner, dictating.

Yes, changing it because it was very misleading and it was confusing users. It really isn't hard to understand, multiple users have also told you it was misleading. It now isn't misleading.

You are whinging about dictating, the post content is exactly the same so the issue is that I edited it so people might not click on it. Nothing has been removed and your freedom of speech is quite clearly still there as the thread hasn't been deleted.

Maybe, just don't give threads such misleading titles which are obviously going to trick / mislead users into thinking things and the titles won't get edited?

vow

Yes, changing it because it was very misleading and it was confusing users. It really isn't hard to understand, multiple users have also told you it was misleading. It now isn't misleading.

You are whinging about dictating, the post content is exactly the same so the issue is that I edited it so people might not click on it.

Maybe, just don't give threads such misleading titles which are obviously going to trick / mislead users into thinking things and the titles won't get edited?
If you wanna be a control-freak, by all means, it's your site, couldn't give a toss if folks do or don't click on it, so again, you are wrong.
I offered to agree to disagree, but you wouldn't stop whinging and carried on, sometimes it's good to let go a little.;)

Nick

Administrator
If you wanna be a control-freak, by all means, it's your site, couldn't give a toss if folks do or don't click on it, so again, you are wrong.
I offered to agree to disagree, but you wouldn't stop whinging and carried on, sometimes it's good to let go a little.;)

It's not being a control freak, it's preventing members from being misled by the title into thinking it was a new club shop for CCFC. I didn't do it just for shits and giggles.

Multiple people have told you this too. It's fact, it was misleading people.

You are the only person to ever have a massive issue with it after they quite clearly done it to trick people.

vow

It's not being a control freak, it's preventing members from being misled by the title into thinking it was a new club shop for CCFC. I didn't do it just for shits and giggles.

Multiple people have told you this too. It's fact, it was misleading people.

You are the only person to ever have a massive issue with it after they quite clearly done it to trick people.
Two can play at that game of endlessly posting the same opinions, as I've already said in this thread, you're becoming a control-freak, dictate all you like and keep spouting the same thing over and over again.

Nick

Administrator
Two can play at that game of endlessly posting the same opinions, as I've already said in this thread, you're becoming a control-freak, dictate all you like and keep spouting the same thing over and over again.

Because the simplest of thing isn't seeming to get through.

The Thread title was misleading, it was edited with 2 words to prevent it from being misleading. The rest of the content is exactly the same.

You may have a point if it was just me who thought it, but multiple other people have told you the same.

If you want to give it the dictatorship / freedom of speech line then crack on, don't use misleading titles and they won't be adjusted and it's that simple. You would have a heart attack on some forums which actually pro-actively moderate if you tried to mislead on there as it would have probably been deleted.

Otis

Think the bone of contention is the word 'dictating' for you here isn't it, Vow? You think Nick is dictating and Nick is just saying he changed the title so it was clear to all posters.

The thread wouldn't have at all been clear who it related to without the 'Coventry United' being added. Nick was just clearing that up so no-one would be mislead and you have to remember, even if people did notice it not in the 'Coventry City general chat', posters still put stuff on occasion in 'Football and other sports' by mistake anyway and as has been said, many, like me, go straight to 'New Posts' anyway. I just see 'New Club Shop.' I see 'New Club Shop' and automatically think that relates to Coventry City FC.

Bottom line is that Nick was trying to be helpful here wasn't he? Therefore, not dictating or controlling.

If I see a thread title 'Club goes bust' and then click on it and see it is Cov Sphinx or Cov Rugby and not the City I wouldn't be impressed. Think so many people would see the title 'New club shop' and totally believe that it was a new shop for the Sky Blues. Therefore, big disappoinment upon opening up the thread and reading below the title

Last edited:

Otis

There's more disappointment to be had in reading the entire thread.

Indeed.

Can we create a board that is just titles only? That would be great fun and we could all try and guess what the title relates to.

Something similar already happens on a football forum called skybluestalk I bleieve.

vow

Because the simplest of thing isn't seeming to get through.

The Thread title was misleading, it was edited with 2 words to prevent it from being misleading. The rest of the content is exactly the same.

You may have a point if it was just me who thought it, but multiple other people have told you the same.

If you want to give it the dictatorship / freedom of speech line then crack on, don't use misleading titles and they won't be adjusted and it's that simple. You would have a heart attack on some forums which actually pro-actively moderate if you tried to mislead on there as it would have probably been deleted.
Keep "banging on" about me trying to mislead people with the title and I'll keep banging on about you being a control-freak/dictator/, ok?

if anything it's more of a SHFWF title/thread that Cov United have a Club Shop and a bit of fun.

So, for a second time, wanna agree to disagree?

Nick

Administrator
Keep "banging on" about me trying to mislead people with the title and I'll keep banging on about you being a control-freak/dictator/, ok?

if anything it's more of a SHFWF title/thread that Cov United have a Club Shop and a bit of fun.

So, for a second time, wanna agree to disagree?
You are saying it was a bit of fun, so you are now saying that's how it was meant to mislead.

So yes, you were trying to mislead. Sorry to have seen right through it within seconds and adjusted it to save people the effort of seeing it if they weren't interested.

There's nothing to disagree about, it was misleading. That's factual, not opinion.

Bang on about dictating all you like, it's you who looks silly getting upset because trying to trick people into thinking it was ccfc didn't quite work and going on about dictators.

vow

You are saying it was a bit of fun, so you are now saying that's how it was meant to mislead.

So yes, you were trying to mislead. Sorry to have seen right through it within seconds and adjusted it to save people the effort of seeing it if they weren't interested.

There's nothing to disagree about, it was misleading. That's factual, not opinion.

Bang on about dictating all you like, it's you who looks silly getting upset because trying to trick people into thinking it was ccfc didn't quite work and going on about dictators.
Seen through what??!? Haha.
I haven't changed my version of anything and again it wasn't to mislead, Inspector Clouseau. If you're stating its "fact" and not opinion then you truly are a fuckin dicktator.

I've read other forums and haven't had a heart attack, thanks...They allow people to express themselves quite freely, be it titles, threads etc. you might wanna take a leaf out of their book for once, sorry to have some fun.

Nick

Administrator
Seen through what??!? Haha.
I haven't changed my version of anything and again it wasn't to mislead, Inspector Clouseau. If you're stating its "fact" and not opinion then you truly are a fuckin dicktator.

I've read other forums and haven't had a heart attack, thanks...They allow people to express themselves quite freely, be it titles, threads etc. you might wanna take a leaf out of their book for once, sorry to have some fun.
Maybe because you keep saying how it was a joke and you were trying to have fun. Where's the joke? The original post isn't jokey, there's nothing to suggest your original post is fun and jokey.

If you feel you can't express yourself because of a thread title change to prevent it from clearly misleading people , you may be best to use those forums or man up a little bit.

vow

Maybe because you keep saying how it was a joke and you were trying to have fun. Where's the joke? The original post isn't jokey
I haven't said it was a joke, I said it was just a bit of fun, to SHFWF.
There is no joke.

Nick

Administrator
I haven't said it was a joke, I said it was just a bit of fun, to SHFWF.
There is no joke.
How does that show how far we have fallen? How's your original post intending fun in any way? There's nothing humorous in there.

The fact it's obvious to anybody with eyes or has used the internet for more than a month what you were trying to do is also relevant ;)

vow

I'd actually forgot all about them, tbh.
This bit, I guess was slightly, mildly fun! As I had actually forgot all about Cov United until I read the Cov Observer article.

vow

How does that show how far we have fallen?
Due to the fact that a lot of fans moan about our club shop/ticket office etc. being understaffed/slow, you get the gist.

wingy

This bit, I guess was slightly, mildly fun! As I had actually forgot all about Cov United until I read the Cov Observer article.
Did they manage a win under the Butts floodlights the other night vow?B-) :$

Users who are viewing this thread