New forum please (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I already know what the replies to this thread will be and who will post them, which is exactly why I want a new forum.

There is a group of posters, including unfortunately a few mods, that are going into every thread and posting abuse, off topic posts, talking amongst themselves rather than about the topic, etc.

This is supported by the mods and that's fine, it's your site. However it does mean that a significant portion (you could argue majority) are not able to discuss Coventry City how they would want without fear of abuse or trolling.

Don's thread today is a great example, but to be honest it's in almost every thread now that a few people come in, make personal insults, make very spurious claims, then refuse to accept they have done this.

As Nick support this action we obviously won't see the forum rules enforced, but could we perhaps have a sub-forum for those that do want to discuss things without the trolls? I don't know if you can limit access to sub-forums, but would hope that most would respect the division.

To be honest, this site is quickly becoming like GMK in the bad days and I'm bored of it. Most polls would suggest that the majority of users are not on the same side as the small cabal who ruin these threads, so as Knowl did Nick, you'll have to decide whether it's worth pushing out a wide variety of posters to allow 5 or 6 to have the run of the place.

Thanks.

Nick

Administrator
If there are any personal insults then please do report them and they are dealt with. You moan about personal insults yet I think it was you yesterday who was throwing around the C-Bomb?

I am all for people proving their claims and backing them up when posting them.

I have also PM'ed you about a moderating issue that I wanted to confirm but didn't get a reply.

People love nothing more than talking about CCFC, but everything has to be about ACL / SISU but when I start to moderate people whinge that SISU bashing (which is the majority of the way it starts) is related to everything.

Yes there are posters like Grendel, but then there are the Astutes, italias, last, bhsb and georgehudson is it who only come on here to find ways to post against sisu and only post in match threads if we lose. It is very much both ways and when we moderate it is mainly the Anti SISU people who whinge about it as I am 'censoring' things.

I would love nothing more than people to stop coming on and posting wild things with no fact at all behind them.

In reference to Don's thread, would the reaction be ok if RFC posted about why he was proud of SISU or would that be ok?

If you would like a sub forum, I am happy to look into it if you can PM me your ideas.

MichaelCCFC

I already know what the replies to this thread will be and who will post them, which is exactly why I want a new forum.

There is a group of posters, including unfortunately a few mods, that are going into every thread and posting abuse, off topic posts, talking amongst themselves rather than about the topic, etc.

This is supported by the mods and that's fine, it's your site. However it does mean that a significant portion (you could argue majority) are not able to discuss Coventry City how they would want without fear of abuse or trolling.

Don's thread today is a great example, but to be honest it's in almost every thread now that a few people come in, make personal insults, make very spurious claims, then refuse to accept they have done this.

As Nick support this action we obviously won't see the forum rules enforced, but could we perhaps have a sub-forum for those that do want to discuss things without the trolls? I don't know if you can limit access to sub-forums, but would hope that most would respect the division.

To be honest, this site is quickly becoming like GMK in the bad days and I'm bored of it. Most polls would suggest that the majority of users are not on the same side as the small cabal who ruin these threads, so as Knowl did Nick, you'll have to decide whether it's worth pushing out a wide variety of posters to allow 5 or 6 to have the run of the place.

Thanks.

After the 'joke' picture Nick posted yesterday I'll use this forum to publicise kcic stuff if I need to but otherwise I'm keeping well clear of this site from now on. Does the Trust website allow comments/could it be expanded into a forum? If they could set one up that was moderated properly they would be doing a great service to City fans

Nick

Administrator
After the 'joke' picture Nick posted yesterday I'll use this forum to publicise kcic stuff if I need to but otherwise I'm keeping well clear of this site from now on. Does the Trust website allow comments/could it be expanded into a forum? If they could set one up that was moderated properly they would be doing a great service to City fans

Seriously? Because of a picture about arguing on the internet and the word retard and was aimed at myself also? I said if anybody found it offensive it would be removed and as soon as the first person said, it was removed and I apologized yet anybody who questions a petition is abused and that is OK?

Moderated properly? Do you mean you post comments but nobody can disagree? As soon as we try to moderate people start to whinge about it being a censorship. What are we meant to do?

Any suggestions on moderation then we would be happy to hear, but we are in a rock hard place.

mark82

The thing is, if we removed every post that is off topic, and banned every user that did so, there would be very few posts/users left on here. There are very few who are not guilty of this at the moment as its a very emotive time. Despite this we only see on average 1 or 2 posts reported each day. I'm not saying flood us with every post you don't agree this but please report any examples where you think it is either offensive or off topic.

What exactly would you want this new forum to be?

PS - Michael, appreciate Nick misjudged a post yesterday but your reaction is a little OTT. Everyone has an error in judgement now and again. Although I don't agree with you some of the time I value your opinion and you seem to have a more rounded view than most - don't leave the forum for something so silly. At the end of the day the best way for you to get support for the excellent work you are doing is to be visible.

Users who are viewing this thread