new kit details (1 Viewer)

1940oldfive

new kit details in a couple of weeks, probably the same time as the news of the new site:facepalm:

skybluelee

Please not blue and white fucking stripes.

And please be a better quality material than the current away shirt.

Otis

I love us in stripes. The 87 kit is my very favourite. Wish we would go back to it.

Would also distance us from looking like Man City. Stripes for me every day of the week!! :cool: Can't even begin to tell you how happy it would make me to go back to this!

Regis-C-Cyrille-1987.jpg

skybluelee

I love us in stripes. The 87 kit is my very favourite. Wish we would go back to it.

Would also distance us from looking like Man City. Stripes for me every day of the week!! :cool: Can't even begin to tell you how happy it would make me to go back to this!

Regis-C-Cyrille-1987.jpg

skybluelee

Regis-C-Cyrille-1987.jpg

Each to their own. Its my least favourite kit (alongside the 00/01 striped one that we got relgated in) by quite some margin. Admittedly worn by my most favourite side!

ps you do realise if we move back to this kit, Cyrille won't be playing in it, right?!

ajsccfc

I've got a soft spot for the Le Coq Sportif kits we had in the 90s with the sky blue and navy stripes, although they were more navy with sky blue than sky blue with navy.

The hummel kit lee posted though, that would be in the hall of fame if one existed.

SkyBlueSid

I remember the reasoning behind why they chose stripes in 1986. The club claimed that they were easier to pick out for the players against a background of sky blue seats. This was at a time when gates were frequently 10000 or less. On that basis I reckon stripes are a pretty good bet for next season!

skybluepm2

is it a new home or away shirt for next season? or both?

Surely they can't stretch the sponsorless yellow '3rd kit' to a fourth season...Hopefully next season they won't need it. That will teach them to use white in both the home and away shirts!

I just hope we have a decent sponsor, or at least the same sponsor on both shirts. This season has been farcical. An estate agent on the home, a fitness logo on the away and nothing on the yellow (which is usually worn with a mis-match of shorts and socks). At least it beats the cartoon octopus!!

I wonder if Puma are still our supplier?

ajsccfc

They should be for at least another year with the away kit still being current to 2016, yeah.

Jackoskyblue

Just a little moan but it's little things like this that the club miss out on. If new kit was in unveiled Friday and released for sale Saturday there could be big initial sales

torchomatic

I'm the opposite. I hate stripes of any description. Sky Blue shirt, Sky Blue shorts, Sky Blue socks, please.

torchomatic

Hopefully, this will lead to loads more moaning. Can't wait.

Hobo

Hopefully, this will lead to loads more moaning. Can't wait.

You started the moaning, moaning about stripes. But I would second a return to the sixties, Sky blue shirt, shorts and socks with dark blue trim.

wingy

TBF both home and away are a bit like your nan's old brushed nylon nightie

On the stripes front they're not so bad But I differ with Otis as I think The Late nineties strip with broad dark stripes was the best ever IMO

Captain Dart

And proper Football boots, none of this crap which doesn't protect the metatarsal bones.
the-football-boots-once-owned-by-sir-bobby-robson-and-which-are-now-up-for-auction-555301130.jpg

Otis

TBF both home and away are a bit like your nan's old brushed nylon nightie

On the stripes front they're not so bad But I differ with Otis as I think The Late nineties strip with broad dark stripes was the best ever IMO

Yep, good kit.

coventry_city_1996-1997.gif

This one you mean? I love this one too.

ajsccfc

I don't think any images from that historicalkits site allow hotlinking, lots of broken image icons instead for me at least.

torchomatic

Post the picture again, can't see it.

I liked the early 70's plain sky blue and the late seventies "tramline", which is my all-time fave. Kits have been rubbish for years.

Didn't you even like this one, Torch?

Your era isn't it?

coventry_city_1887-1888.gif

1887-1888.

Otis

I like this one ....

coventry_city_1919-1922.gif

1919-1922

coventry_city_1986-1987.gif

This one, obviously 1986-87

coventry_city_1989-1991.gif

This one!

1989-1991

coventry_city_1991-1992.gif

This one

coventry_city_1996-1997.gif

And this one!

Bring back the stripes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

torchomatic

torchomatic

Yes, I liked that, but the colour was a bit rubbish, looks better in that picture than it did in the flesh.

The 2012 one is possibly my all-time favourite, albeit based on the 1962 strip. Simplicity is key.

Coventry-City-Home-Kit-2011.png

Users who are viewing this thread