New Kits Next Season (1 Viewer)

Gaz

With the club announcing both new home and away kits will be made for next season, I was wondering what people's thoughts were on us possibly having something on them as a tribute to Jimmy Hill.

Just an idea, as the guy was such an important figure in our history.

It could be against some FA rules but just thought we could discuss it

Cheers

Hobo

What about some Sky Blue? Isn't that tribute enough?

tom88

With the club announcing both new home and away kits will be made for next season, I was wondering what people's thoughts were on us possibly having something on them as a tribute to Jimmy Hill.

Just an idea, as the guy was such an important figure in our history.

It could be against some FA rules but just thought we could discuss it

Cheers

Quiet possible or do another kit similar to the one we got relegated in. I'm not sure if Nike will have any retro style templates though

Personally I would love a polo style shirt with a collar (like our away strip) for our home kit in plain sky blue blue.

skybluetony176

Sky blue top, shorts and socks would be fitting. Wasn't there white and navy banding on the cuffs of the shirts and on the top of the socks in the first sky blue kit JH introduced? Might be a nice touch to add this if it was.

skybluelee

A nice all sky blue kit would be nice rather than the shit Argentina effort of last year. It's what Jimmy would have wanted.

skybluelee

Sky blue top, shorts and socks would be fitting. Wasn't there white and navy banding on the cuffs of the shirts and on the top of the socks in the first sky blue kit JH introduced? Might be a nice touch to add this if it was.
coventry_city_1962-1967.gif

The first sky blue kit as per 'historical kits'.

skybluelee

Which is the kit they reproduced in 11/12 to celebrate 50 years of the being the Sky Blues. Which we did in style by being relegated.

steve82

It's what Nike design to be honest, they seem to have a few kit variations that they offer to clubs that they supply and run them out in the clubs colours.

ajsccfc

Someone here said that we might be changing to Avec branding rather than Nike for next season.

skyblue1991

I saw a thread on this a couple of months ago and I really liked one of the designs somebody posted. It was sky blue and black stripes.

Could anybody dig out the thread?

skybluetony176

coventry_city_1962-1967.gif

The first sky blue kit as per 'historical kits'.

I think that's where I saw it. When JH passed away I spent an evening on the PC reading up on his time with the club and stumbled across that sight. He was a great man and did great things for our club it would be nice to tip the hat to him next season with a kit that was his idea.

Hobo

I don't think the away one will be orange!

Gazolba

JH was all about change, progress and looking forward. I doubt he would have sanctioned another all sky-blue kit. It's more likely he would have taken a look at us, changed our colours to red and called us the 'Red Devils'.

chiefdave

Have any other Nike / Avec teams got their new kits out? Should be able to get an idea of the templates next season if they have.

Terry Gibson's perm

What's wrong with this one? We want to stand out don't we?

The players will blend into the grass I can hardly see them in sky blue!

I would go for something really bright for the away kit and i guess we have to stcik with the awful Sky Blue

Sky_Blue_Daz

Go back to the 67 kit
I had the 2012 long sleeve retro top that was nice

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread