New manager bounce... part 3 (1 Viewer)

steve82

So manager number 4 and still no win, I didn't expect it to be honest either. Many say that the team is better than bottom, really? Still think that tonight? That was the worst I've seen in a long long time and we've all seen some stinkers I'm sure.
This is a very poor side that's not good enough mentally or physically. It's poor in every department from front to back.
We fit our position in the league.
Not good enough from July 1st to now, I don't see a win at all the rest of the season. A new low tonight, shambolic and embarrassing hard pressed to find a player that deserves the shirt next season.
Clear the decks!!!!

steve82

Can't wait for a big clear out.

I cannot wait for this to be over. We need a whopping clear out. Most ain't good enough, the rest who have some desire are to inexperienced and learning.
The spine is so poor, a whole core weak. Jordan Turnbull we paid money for and let a player who's arguably better in Arron Martin leave, that sums it all up about what's so wrong with the group of players.
Robins has a hell of a job getting 22 players in at least over June, July and August. A mammoth task for any manager at any club.

westofrayne

I suspect recruitment for the new season will be hampered, as last season by finances. There will be very little income from May through to August, other than a small amount of ST money, so if not cash in bank we won't have any money to buy or pay players. Therefore as per this season we will probably have to right off August whilst funds become available via ticket sales.

I expect a clear out but also expect to start next season with a threadbare squad.

The playing budget will be slashed to a point where we should on paper break even, I also expect a massive downturn in ST sales.

All in all things are not looking good for next season.

Otis

So manager number 4 and still no win, I didn't expect it to be honest either. Many say that the team is better than bottom, really? Still think that tonight? That was the worst I've seen in a long long time and we've all seen some stinkers I'm sure.
This is a very poor side that's not good enough mentally or physically. It's poor in every department from front to back.
We fit our position in the league.
Not good enough from July 1st to now, I don't see a win at all the rest of the season. A new low tonight, shambolic and embarrassing hard pressed to find a player that deserves the shirt next season.
Clear the decks!!!!
Well yeah, new manager bounces do happen, but you need a semblance of a reasonable squad in place first.

As the old saying goes, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

oucho

Wasn't there last night but it sounded shocking.

sky blue john

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys!
Its obvious now what the clubs thoughts/plan was last summer. Proven players were allowed to leave thinking they could be replaced with cheaper options.
Good job Sisu you achieved what you set out to do!

Warwickhunt

4 managers and we achieved a new manager bounce once! all be it a fleeting event with MV.

Skyblueweeman

I suspect recruitment for the new season will be hampered, as last season by finances. There will be very little income from May through to August, other than a small amount of ST money, so if not cash in bank we won't have any money to buy or pay players. Therefore as per this season we will probably have to right off August whilst funds become available via ticket sales.

I expect a clear out but also expect to start next season with a threadbare squad.

The playing budget will be slashed to a point where we should on paper break even, I also expect a massive downturn in ST sales.

All in all things are not looking good for next season.

We're getting about £600k for Wembley. I'd also try to off anyone of value (BS/JW) and build from scratch.

Obviously don't know how much Robins will get from the Wembley money but we do need a complete rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

I cannot wait for this to be over. We need a whopping clear out. Most ain't good enough, the rest who have some desire are to inexperienced and learning.
The spine is so poor, a whole core weak. Jordan Turnbull we paid money for and let a player who's arguably better in Arron Martin leave, that sums it all up about what's so wrong with the group of players.
Robins has a hell of a job getting 22 players in at least over June, July and August. A mammoth task for any manager at any club.
There is no argument about who is better between Martin and Turnnbull! It's a no brainer!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

CovBurty

We're getting about £600k for Wembley. I'd also try to off anyone of value (BS/JW) and build from scratch.

Obviously don't know how much Robins will get from the Wembley money but we do need a complete rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Wembley money will ensure we make another profit in the next accounting year. So we'll done everyone for contributing. Don't hold your breathe that much will feed through to Robins. That's not the Sisu way.

speedie87

Even with out any scouts our targets for next season should be easy. This and the last couple of years Pfa lge 2 teams of the year.

speedie87

The Wembley money will ensure we make another profit in the next accounting year. So we'll done everyone for contributing. Don't hold your breathe that much will feed through to Robins. That's not the Sisu way.

We didn't make a profit last year though. Ignore telegraph headline we made a £1.7m loss, you can't just ignore interest etc like they did

gears87

Most teams struggle when replacing a team once a season we have to replace at least twice.not good.they looked like they didn't know each other last night

covcity4life

mr i was wrong aboutt he messiah is back on one the first chance he gets. probably so happy robins lost

i will stick to what i said.robins have a slow start like he did last time then we pick up some wins. too late now though as venus and slade left in charge too long.

robins needs to sort it himself too though,burge being keeper and us getting relegated is no coincidence. and 3-5-2 didnt work at all.

Otis

Time to blood some youngsters and bog off loans and some players definitely not here next season.

We are losing anyway and not scoring anyway. How can it possibly get any worse?

Bring Harries in, let the likes of Ponticelli and Spence get some time on the bench, stick with DKE for the rest of the campaign.

ajsccfc

My worry is that the 12 thankless games he has is long enough for people to completely turn on Robins when his job really starts in May. It had already happened on the radio pre-match with people calling for his head based on team selection alone last night, as if he's suddenly going to pull a competent line-up from his rectum.

Also, anyone using 'pay peanuts get monkeys!!!!' should be sent to the moon.

covhead1

Also, anyone using 'pay peanuts get monkeys!!!!' should be sent to the moon.???????

WTF!!!!!

Nick

Administrator
My worry is that the 12 thankless games he has is long enough for people to completely turn on Robins when his job really starts in May. It had already happened on the radio pre-match with people calling for his head based on team selection alone last night, as if he's suddenly going to pull a competent line-up from his rectum.

Also, anyone using 'pay peanuts get monkeys!!!!' should be sent to the moon.

No, I think he starts properly over the summer.

Although it would be nice to see signs he isnt going to take any shit off the current twats pretending to be players.

steve82

mr i was wrong aboutt he messiah is back on one the first chance he gets. probably so happy robins lost

i will stick to what i said.robins have a slow start like he did last time then we pick up some wins. too late now though as venus and slade left in charge too long.

robins needs to sort it himself too though,burge being keeper and us getting relegated is no coincidence. and 3-5-2 didnt work at all.

I'm I happy he's lost 2 on the bounce? Not quite, does it confirm what I thought about the make up of the team, yes! The squad is made of mentally weak individuals who are not good enough or to young still and learning there games still.
Part of me is kind of pleased he's not got the bounce and the players have shown themselves to Mark Robins in there real light. If he's of got them playing in a few days then that would of been a false dawn and new contracts given to the same mentally weak players who will struggle in league two and we'd be back to square one. At least he's seen them at his worst now and will hopefully ask them all kindly to leave and retain what he thinks he can work with.
Robins will have a slow start again your right, another 10 games at least....
As for Turnbull if anyone offers a fiver snap there hands off. The most strangest decision of the whole summer to sign him over Arron Martin.
Martin was quoted as being too nice, well Turnbull is even kinder to the opposition!!!

covcity4life

nothings been confirmed. u said slade would turn us around. he was the messiah. now u have changed it too the squads shit not managers fault. u simply change your tune too much. be consistent.

could be argued venus got new manager bounce because players still playing mostly mowbray tactics and we had sordell,agyei ,wright(who whilst didnt do great look far better than vernom. slade has made us worse with his signings so poor robins cant even get a bounce now.

steve82

nothings been confirmed. u said slade would turn us around. he was the messiah. now u have changed it too the squads shit not managers fault. u simply change your tune too much. be consistent.

could be argued venus got new manager bounce because players still playing mostly mowbray tactics and we had sordell,agyei ,wright(who whilst didnt do great look far better than vernom. slade has made us worse with his signings so poor robins cant even get a bounce now.

Yes your right i said he'd turn us round, nearly did in some game but ultimately the points say he didn't and the gap grew as others with clearly players with a better footballing DNA picked up valuable points.
I've said for weeks that this team is weak and not good enough, surely you can see that from last night. It's not something I've said since RS left... The table says that RS made is worse yes, it's still happening under MR and will for another 8/9 weeks.
It's not good enough for this league and has not all season.
Ironic that MR singled out 2 Slade signings tho for any praise was Clarke and Rawson, Reilly was poor and Beavon too. Clarke and Rawson was not great too but headed most things away. Vernam was only in Saturday as Steve Taylor knows him from Derby and same with Rawson too tho I agree vernam has shown us nothing to warrant a place in the side.
It's gonna take MR a summer to build anything of hope for league two

steve82

selling sordell has killed us.

If you break it down, did it tho? And did he or we initiate the move? End of the day the opportunity came to play back at a higher level. Be interesting to see who pushed that move and was he fed up playing wide of a front 3, not down the middle?
He only scored 4 league goals, was very low on confidence in front of goal tho gave us a outlet to go forwards. Do we really miss him? There is still no creativity for anyone striker to work with.

covcity4life

he was our tops corer. he also had th ability to run at his man and make something happen himself. hell of a long range shot too

beavon runs around alot and i like him ,but the swap made us weaker

steve82

he was our tops corer. he also had th ability to run at his man and make something happen himself. hell of a long range shot too

beavon runs around alot and i like him ,but the swap made us weaker

In the league he was joint top with agyei on 4.
He had ability but the goals didn't come still in arguably the better spells of the season. I'm not so sure it made us weaker but given time since the deal it's made us no stronger.
Be interesting to no if ccfc sold him, or his agent got him the move. That will tell a lot, Beavon has never been known for goals more his work rate and defending from the front, so we was never getting a goal scorer. He's looked very poor recently too tho, you could say he's fitted nicely in to his new team!

Users who are viewing this thread