New Manager. (1 Viewer)

rodyardley

In my opinion I would prefer a successful manager from a lower division who has got a winning mentality instilled in him rather than some one who has been sacked for being unsuccessful hence a losing mentality.

I am sure there have been very few managers who have been unsuccessful at one club who have gone on to have success at another.

regards.

Big Mo

Just to point out Holloway as a notable example - spent loads and took Leicester down and gone on to get Blackpool promoted on a shoestring.

In fairness virtually every manager will fail somewhere in their career, this includes every manager we employ it seems, cant think why :D

Anyway im all for a good young up and coming manager, either way their chances of success largely depend on being given the time and money to turn things round

sw88

Chief Commentator!
This will mean paying out more compensation, and considering the tight strings, I think it'll either b an internal appointment, or someone out of work. I think they've learnt how much it cud cost if the manager flops like its cost em with ab

sky_blue_up_north

That is always going to be a problem unless someone comes along wth at £50 Million and purchase the stadium so we have all the extended revenues

Nonleagueherewecome

It'll take a real miracle worker to do anything with the financial restictions we operate under. But Paul Tisdlae at Exeter, John Still at Dagenham and Keith Hill at Rochdale have worked wonders on shoestrings. Dagenhem have a lower-conference budget at best, and the work Still & his backroom team put in is incredible. They're watching non-league games every night searching for talented youngsters. Hill is a very astute tactictian, and probably the best man-motivater in the lower leagues. He doesn't take any crap and plays attacking football. Rochdale also score loads from set-pieces too, which must be some credit to him. Tisdale has done well to establish Exeter in L1 after years in the Conference. Their budget has hardly gone up since the double-promotion and half the team's the same! He also plays a passing game with players that give everything for the cause. Keep them in L1 another year and they could be poised to "Do a Doncaster".

All good shouts, but I fear even they are out of our reach due to the compensation involved. I'd also be amazed if anyone of them wanted to leave where they are-why risk failing at the "King Midas In Reverse" that is CCFC? And it's a big relocation job from community clubs where they are loved by the fans.

TheRoyalScam

When AB was sacked I heard a strong rumour that Dennis Wise was being lined up - however the goalposts have now moved and my source is as much in the dark as anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread