New Mobile Website (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
For those of you browsing on your phone, could you let me know what you think of the new mobile theme?

Is it faster and easier?

pusbccfc

Not bad actually easy to use!

antbrin

Facebook User
I like it.
Any chance of an icon so I can add a bookmark to my home screen then I know what it is instead of a small version of the home page.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
If you click the button that has 6 squares at the top there is a new post button there, I'll see if I can add it in so it is always there

mark82

Don't like it. Reason I didn't use Tapatalk is that I couldn't answer polls. Now I can't answer or view polls on the mobile version either.

mark82

Could also do with an "up" button at the bottom of the page.

If you can get over those issues, the layout is more appealing.

mark82

OK so it is polls and likes. I will look into getting them on the mobile site :)

Essentially, yes. And a way of going back to the main board from the bottom of the page. Irritating having to scroll back to the top.

torchomatic

Looks good on my S4. Be good to have a link to go back to list of all threads. Cant seem to find one. Apologies if it is there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Nick

Administrator
Looks good on my S4. Be good to have a link to go back to list of all threads. Cant seem to find one. Apologies if it is there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Looking into getting the breadcrumb links on.

There is a button next to the thread title though

Flying Fokker

Hi dude,

I use iPad,samsung g4 and laptop. .

iPad seems to have probs navigating back to general chat having gone on to sub forums. Am I missing the obvious?

Like most new things, they take time to get used to..

A couple of thoughts. Is the text ok? Not sure people with sight probs will be able to see the crisp text on white background? Maybe there is a settings option.

Samsung g4. Only issue seems to be my navigation again but IMO it works well. Colours good.

PC? Not played yet. Best platform on old software.

Thanks.

kmj5000

How do you get back to the forum? No "UP" button? Also, could do with a "jump to last post link"?

Last edited:

pusbccfc

It shouldn't as all sites should use the same amount of battery depending on the browser.
But yesterday I did use an awful lot of battery life viewing this site.

I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks.

jesus-wept

Be nice if this site worked properly, been stuck and I know others have with Nigel and the police for 4 days, seems to have coincided with site changes

Nick

Administrator
Be nice if this site worked properly, been stuck and I know others have with Nigel and the police for 4 days, seems to have coincided with site changes

It does work properly, you just need to clear your cache....The same as what has fixed it for everybody else!

SkyblueBazza

Well it is more aesthetically pleasing & seems quicker in general to me...generally I only use the mobile site.
Some kind of explaining of what the symbols are might help me though personally.
I get the one or two...but the one far right at the end of a post does what exactly???

Nick

Administrator
To be honest, I am not 100% what they do yet ha

The one on the top on the left goes to a mobile control panel type thing :)

RegTheDonk

Cheers Nick got my other prob sorted :)

Only concern I have now is the text box to type a message is a bit small, especially when you include a quote (before it used to span the whole width of the screen). My phones a bit old and doesn't have a big screen.

The new graphics etc look really cool - but again they are taking up a lot of my screen.

I know this is a bit picky as you've obviously gone to a lot of trouble getting a nice mobile look, but is it feasible to have multiple skins on the mobile site, so poor saps like me who need a new phone can select the old version if we want to? I know this is a feature on the main vb sites, just wondered if it was possible for mobiles?

TIA.

stupot07

Is it supposed to take you to your last read post on the thread like it used to you? This seems to constantly take you to the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread