New rules in Cricket (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

What do you think of the new cricket rules being introduced shortly?
Cricket to introduce sendings-off & bat restrictions after MCC approval
I can see the awarding of penalty runs and player ejections causing some problems.
If runs are awarded, do they go to a particular player and do they count in the bowlers or batters statistics?
When a batsman is temporarily ejected and another batsman comes in, scores runs and then the original batsman comes back that leads to a strange situation of a batsman having runs but being not out and not on the field.
I can also foresee these new rules causing uproar if sanctions are awarded in the final few balls of an important match. Imagine a team being penalized 5 runs, loudly protesting and then having a player ejected!

chiefdave

Bat restrictions are needed, things are far too much in the batsman's favour at the moment.

Not a fan of penalty runs or red cards.

Gazolba

Bat restrictions are needed, things are far too much in the batsman's favour at the moment.

Not a fan of penalty runs or red cards.
There still seem to be lots of really low batting scores with top batsmen getting out for under 10 runs very often.
Even with many big scores, you often find the batsman was dropped several times.
I believe they are imposing bat restrictions though.
One thing they could consider is making the outside stumps further apart so the bowler has a bigger target.

Covstu

I don't think player behaviour has been a major issue so cannot see this being a big impact. Another sport where the umpire usually has full respect

Users who are viewing this thread