New Signings? (1 Viewer)

Andrews96

After the Northampton game Mowbray talked about how he expected to get a few more players through the door, any ideas/rumours about who they might be? With apparent gaping holes in the central and right side of defence, and the ever present need for more creativity and potence in the final third, who could we see Mowbray bringing in?

rupert_bear

We know what will happen we wait watching Sky transfer show, nothing happens then with about all night then with 5 minutes to go we get a freebie on loan until Christmas, why wait until the eleventh hour ? We need three players or I think we fight relegation right back, midfielder and a centre forward.

SkyBlueCRJ

Surely he'll be looking to bringing in another CB. We can't be playing Ricketts or Harries every single game. It's counter-productive for both the players and the team. Both have assured themselves well so far but they were never meant to be regular first team players. Ricketts is too old for a 46 game season and Harries in contrast is too young.

RWB position should be covered as well as injuries to Rose and Stokes just leaves young DKE as our only option. It's crucial to integrate him into the first team slowly however throwing him into the deep end will only disturb his progress as he'll just burn out just as our young players did last season.

Not sure we need another midfielder. Gadzhev, McCann, Bigi, Stevenson is who we have currently along with graduates, Lawton and Finch. Think this is more than enough, the budget would be far better spent elsewhere.

Another winger is needed IMO. We need to take the pressure off Jones. Although it is clear he has unquestionable talent we can't expect an 18 yo to be our saviour this season. Seems to change games when he comes on in the final 20 mins or so. Not saying that this is where he should be predominantly utilised however if another winger comes in, potentially could be useful to swap and change the pair when Mowbray sees fit. Think it would only benefit the team.

It's safe to say we need another CF. Agyei is a talented young player that probably could notch a fair few goals for us this season however we need a plan B and Tudgay isn't the answer. Although I have no doubt he could score some goals for the team he's just not suited to our system. He's too slow and drops back too deep, halting the run of play. Along with Ricketts, TM renewed his contract on the basis that he would be act as an old head in the dressing room with his main position being on the bench to come on in the remaining minutes when needed in order to slow the game down. A James Hanson type target man would be too slow for our formation. However a Leon Best type striker would be perfect. (No I'm not saying re-sign him) A tall striker with good feet who can flick the ball onto our wingers when the time is right could pose serious problems for opposition teams. In retrospect I'm talking about a striker that basically fits the mould Tugday just with better physical attributes.

It's clear that the majority of incoming signings are going to be loans. Premier League sides will notice we have a knack of developing raw young talent therefore I see no reason why they wouldn't offer us some of their brightest young stars. In one season we managed to accelerate the careers of Murphy, Maddison, Kent and Armstrong. All now playing at a higher level. Now it maybe slightly self-centred to put this down to the glorious work of CCFC and CCFC alone however we made sure they got games and they all did well. Whilst its a sad day that where all we have is to get excited about loans I'm a glass half full type.

Despite obviously pointing out what we need I couldn't even begin to dictate who we need as theres no way of knowing which players Premier League sides are willing to let out on loan. Many will want them in their U21 sides as some will look to develop them through their own teams rather than ship them out. It's a big decision for clubs to send their players out on a 6 month/season long loan hence why these are some of the last deals to be done as they'll need a number of assurances to be in place first. Enough cover in that position, needs a step up from U21 football to further their progress, whether their personally willing to go out on loan, if our club is right for them, guaranteed game time etc.

covcity4life

think biggest improvement will be seen when we have a break from tuesday games and TM has time to coach the squad a little more.

as for new signings we only need 2 or 3 now. wether they will be permanenet or loans i do not know

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Would be surprised and worried if we didn’t bring in a right-sided defender (to cover either RWB or play CB and allow Willis to fill in at RWB), at least on loan till Jan to cover both the current and potential injuries. Back line looks very thin on the ground unless all are fit.

Another striker and winger (preferably with speed) would be optimal as well. Would be disappointed if we only got 1 of the 2, and majorly fucked off if we got neither.

steve82

There will be a few players contracts paid up in the next 24 hours to get them off a clubs books. This is where I expect us to be looking at players with loans also

Woodster

It concerns me somewhat that there haven't even been any viable or non-viable rumuors flying around - I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't even sound like we're close to adding anyone!

Gint11

Should not have offloaded Aaron Martin but hey ho. Need a Central Defender and a Striker. After that we can make do.

torchomatic

Right back, another midfielder, another attacker.

hamil99

Facebook User
cant believe Mariappa is still available on a free. Would love him here but think thats only a pipe dream... Gary borrowdale is more likely...god save us.

dongonzalos

cant believe Mariappa is still available on a free. Would love him here but think thats only a pipe dream... Gary borrowdale is more likely...god save us.

well done cat out of bag!!!
Watford just came and whisked him away from Combe abbey!!!!

Last edited:

tom88

Sky Blue Harry H

Can't believe Macheda's been around that long - makes me feel old (I am BTW !)

Andrews96

If Thierry Ambrose is anyhting like he was on my Coventry Football Manager save he would be a fantastic addition hahaha. As for free transfers, I think Robson-Kanu and Mariappa would be unbelievable signings, though on the budget we have I cant see us persuading them to join.

dongonzalos

If Thierry Ambrose is anyhting like he was on my Coventry Football Manager save he would be a fantastic addition hahaha. As for free transfers, I think Robson-Kanu and Mariappa would be unbelievable signings, though on the budget we have I cant see us persuading them to join.

Mariano's has signed for Watford buddy

D

Deleted member 2477

With our budget wede be lucky to sign the tele tubbies let alone a proven goal scorer. The club is in the shit and im afraid this season will be a huge disapointment. By the time it ends we will be looking for another manager whos a mug to work with our owners

Users who are viewing this thread