New signings (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Callum Reilly has a lot of talent. Seen him a few times against our youth sides for Blues and he impressed me. Seems to have fallen by the wayside over the last couple of years but hopefully he can get a run of games here.

Otis

Callum Reilly has a lot of talent. Seen him a few times against our youth sides for Blues and he impressed me. Seems to have fallen by the wayside over the last couple of years but hopefully he can get a run of games here.
Encouraging.

sky blue john

Sorry but this is bullshit !
Excitement over a couple of Burton rejects.
I suppose this is how low our club has sunk and continues to sink with Sisu at the helm !
I hope i am proved wrong but not holding my breath.

torchomatic

I suppose this is how low our club has sunk and continues to sink with Sisu at the helm !

Oh dear, John. Your negativity doesn't seem to be having the usual desired affect. Must try harder.

stupot07

Who did you want us to sign then John? Got a list of realistic potential targets you'd like to share with us?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

trevelfarandwide

Well, who would you like us to sign? Clapped out veterans with no legs in them to last 50mins? Premiership youth players for a £1million at a time?

Reality. Deal with it. These are POSITIVE signings, so bloody grow up.

Astute

Beavon will do naff all in this team. 5 goals and 5 assists by the end of the season.
So the only players worth having are those that score lots of goals?

You need someone to set them up and also it is handy to have a player that your opponent puts two or three players on. It creates space for the others.

Astute

Burton are a smaller club than us that managed to get promotion from this division. They had players like Beavon that did it for them. Why wouldn't they be good enough for us?

Or did you expect us to get Premiership players in :smuggrin:

Terry Gibson's perm

So the only players worth having are those that score lots of goals?

You need someone to set them up and also it is handy to have a player that your opponent puts two or three players on. It creates space for the others.

But you need somebody to be able to use that space and we haven't got that player. We needed goals in this side and we still need goals. I don't see letting a 24 year old striker on a contract go and replacing him with a 33 year old an 18 month deal is good business.

RegTheDonk

We are in no position to sign or loan the defensive equivalent of Joe Cole, we must take what we can and - bar yesterday's single goal conceded - we need to make defensive changes, we're leaking at the back more than a lager lout after a heavy curry. If this works out great, it can't get much worse surely.

Otis

CT just said on Twitter another player coming in, to be announced shortly, but a departure too.

Stevenson I would guess.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Garryb80

CT just said on Twitter another player coming in, to be announced shortly, but a departure too.

Stevenson I would guess.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
Read the article and its Nugent as assistant manager and a rehash of earlier stories

Otis

Read the article and its Nugent as assistant manager and a rehash of earlier stories
Did wonder that. I looked, then looked again and it seemed to be a rehash. Caught me out because it was posted only 9 mins ago saying new signing.

Captain Dart

Beavon will do naff all in this team. 5 goals and 5 assists by the end of the season.

Ash Wilkinson, from the Burton Mail, said: "Albion fans absolutely love him because he will run all day.
"He’s absolutely rapid and just never stops running, chasing and pressing. I heard him described as a ‘freak athlete’ once because his work-rate is incredible and he’s still doing it at 32.
"The supporters are really disappointed to see him go. Although he’s not a regular starter they regularly chant his name and call for him to go on from the bench.”

Otis

Ash Wilkinson, from the Burton Mail, said: "Albion fans absolutely love him because he will run all day.
"He’s absolutely rapid and just never stops running, chasing and pressing. I heard him described as a ‘freak athlete’ once because his work-rate is incredible and he’s still doing it at 32.
"The supporters are really disappointed to see him go. Although he’s not a regular starter they regularly chant his name and call for him to go on from the bench.”
Whereas here we chant for everyone to go ON the bench.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Pleased with the signings so far. It's really encouraging to see Slade not messing around and just doing the business. Really makes you wonder what the fuck TM and MV were up to in the summer though doesn't it?

Shame about Sordell, but hopefully we'll still bring other players in. Would be good to strengthen with 4 or 5 new players without losing any more that we have apart from the loans that haven't been good enough (bar Sterry).

Captain Dart

Monday's starting X1
Burge
DKE Nathan Willis Sterry
Bigi Reilly Stevenson
Reid Beavon Thomas or Jodi

I think more.

Burge
Sterry Clarke Turnbull, Page
Rose Stevenson Reilly Reid
Beavon Thomas

Captain Dart

Whereas here we chant for everyone to go ON the bench.
Something is odd about your avatar. Its got very restless today. Maybe you should try Morph?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think more.

Burge
Sterry Clarke Turnbull, Page
Rose Stevenson Reilly Reid
Beavon Thomas

Looks better already.

Would be nice to get Stokes back in there and maybe a new CB too. A new striker and another CM also.

I keep asking myself which players I would be gutted about losing, probably Rose, Willis, Stevenson, Stokes. We need to make sure if we do sell any other players, that they are adequately replaced. The loans can be re chosen as well, and it can't be harder to improve on the first set we've had this season really.

ccfcway

But you need somebody to be able to use that space and we haven't got that player. We needed goals in this side and we still need goals. I don't see letting a 24 year old striker on a contract go and replacing him with a 33 year old an 18 month deal is good business.

signing a player who was the fans player of the year for 2 years running and letting go of a player who will be gone in the summer anyway.

Sounds ok to me

Users who are viewing this thread