New striker (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

People forget players like Morrell who scored bucketfuls one league below then couldn't do it when they moved up. Well the same will apply to some players the other way around. There'll be strikers who are ten a season men in L1 who can hit 20 in L2.

Also a large chunk of scoring lots is playing in a successful team. Look at Armstrong, went up a division to a struggling team and only got six.

Let's see how those we've got do. I have a funny feeling Kwame Thomas will surprise a few people this season.

1ccfc

People forget players like Morrell who scored bucketfuls one league below then couldn't do it when they moved up. Well the same will apply to some players the other way around. There'll be strikers who are ten a season men in L1 who can hit 20 in L2.

Also a large chunk of scoring lots is playing in a successful team. Look at Armstrong, went up a division to a struggling team and only got six.

Let's see how those we've got do. I have a funny feeling Kwame Thomas will surprise a few people this season.
Agree with what you're saying. Just in the defence of Morrell, he often was played on the right and not as a striker.

stupot07

If you find a 20 goal a season striker then I think Thomas would eventually move on.
It's very rare to get promoted without such a striker. It can and has been done by the likes of Burton but it is rare.
Out of the 4 league two promoted sides, only Doncaster had a player who scored 20+ goals last season.

The other 3 promoted teams top scorers were:
Portsmouth Naismith 13 goals
Plymouth Jervis 14 goals
Blackpool Cullen 13 goals

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skybluefaz

I also think Kwame could well score a good few goals this season. Showed some encouraging signs when he got back from injury last season.

Sky Blue Harry H

I also think Kwame could well score a good few goals this season. Showed some encouraging signs when he got back from injury last season.

Hope Kwame does well this year. One comment about him; he seems to have a way of jumping for the ball that always makes me think he's going to land awkwardly and injure himself on the way down. Can't put my finger on why, but a llittle nudge from a dfender and he looks an accident waiting to happen. I always thought the same about Andy Whing, When he played right back. he always seemed to receive/clear the ball out wide just as a winger or midfielder was coming in with a tackle. May be my memory, but was always waiting for the magic sponge to appear.

Users who are viewing this thread