News of the World - Gone (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Looks like it will be gone after this Sunday.

It is a shame as they got some good stories but if they have been hacking phones of missing people / murder victims as reported it is out of order!

rob9872

Run by tools employing tools to be sold to tools. Will only reinvent itself. The needle returns to the start of the song ....

skybluetom

In terms of the paper, yes it's obviously trashy rubbish, I think most know that already. However, it was apprantly the biggest selling English language newspaper in the world so obviously there are those that want to read about the kind of crap they print and I feel sorry for all those honest journo's who are going to be out of work because of the actions of a small percentage of scum bags who were employed by the paper some years ago.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Haven't bought a paper for about 15 or so years! Why bother? All the news is on TV - bang up to date - or the Interweb! Certainly wouldn't waste my money on such drivel as the Stun or Blues of the World! Glad to see the back of it! Wish the Stun would follow!

bamalamafizzfazz

My ol' lady used to buy the NOTW on a Sunday and occasionally read it if there is one lying around at work. I am the type of person who picks up a paper and immediately turns it over to the back page and I have to say that the sport of the world supplement after a full day of football on a Saturday is quite comprehensive with some interesting articles.

dutchman

It's been sacrificed in order to spare Sky TV and the huge profits it generates. James Murdoch apparently has no interest in the future of the newspaper division anyway.

And if I was an employee of some of the other newspaper groups I'd be drawing as little attention to the business as possible. I doubt if many of them have clean hands either.

Skyblueloyal

Haven't bought a paper for about 15 or so years! Why bother? All the news is on TV - bang up to date - or the Interweb! Certainly wouldn't waste my money on such drivel as the Stun or Blues of the World! Glad to see the back of it! Wish the Stun would follow!

I the same why pay the price of the paper for old news and bullsh*t

Users who are viewing this thread