Next Protest (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

Not sure if this helps with anyone's argument over ccfc ownership by SISU or not (or the opinions on whether she's a liar or not).

Extract of Joy Seppala letter of 8th May 15.
SISU Group acquired Coventry City Football Club in early 2008 and are proud owners of a great football club....we have done our utmost in trying to do our best for CCFC.

Paxman II

Not sure if this helps with anyone's argument over ccfc ownership by SISU or not (or the opinions on whether she's a liar or not).

SISU Group acquired Coventry City Football Club in early 2008 and are proud owners of a great football club....we have done our utmost in trying to do our best for CCFC.
That was 8 years ago. A lot has changed since then. I'm not going to get into it though. CBA This threads getting nowhere now.

Irish Sky Blue

Yes, it is. And the less fans that turn up the worse it gets. We only rely on gate money so it doesn't take a genius to work out the more than go the better off the club is.
The point is that nothing is done to raise turnover. Fisher/ Sisu do nothing to promote the club, try to bring back fans that have gone missing. Why do you think that is? To me it is because they do not care, can't be bothered to put in the infrastructure that might start the ball rolling on this.

Irish Sky Blue

I don't think anybody can argue sisu / their investors own ccfc can they?
Legally but not morally.That's why football clubs are different to a supermarket or a corner shop. It is a community asset that belongs (or should belong)to the people of Coventry and Warwickshire. This is why I think the German model of 51% fan ownership is such a good one. It would stop parasites like Sisu ever owning our club again. Not sure how it works for RB Leipzig though.

Rusty Trombone

I don't think anybody can argue sisu / their investors own ccfc can they?
No, it's Sconsnet isn't it. Although Joy's letter suggests it is SISU. The chap from the League couldn't remember either could he, I'm sure any rules about shadow Directors are all being met though.

Cavan O'Doherty

Will the profit be a million this year?

It's ok telling me my money goes to them, but how?
Surely if we allow them to run the club on a break even basis then we are part of the problem. It may hurt the club but it will also hurt Sisu and by doing this we can hope they pack up and go. They are happy just to keep this sailing along at break even because it doesn't effect them. If they lose money then of course it effects them

Nick

Administrator
Surely if we allow them to run the club on a break even basis then we are part of the problem. It may hurt the club but it will also hurt Sisu and by doing this we can hope they pack up and go. They are happy just to keep this sailing along at break even because it doesn't effect them. If they lose money then of course it effects them
They will just cut the budgets and outgoings to break even some more?

Cavan O'Doherty

Yes, then the club dies?

What happens then if the fans take over and run break even
The club is already dead my friend. I would much rather have fan ownership then have someone trying to sell any asset they can get their hands on,and strip the club down to skin and bone. At least the best interests of the club would be thought of, instead of Seppala calling the shots somewhere in the Caribbean, without giving a damn what effect it has on us the fans.

Nick

Administrator
The club is already dead my friend. I would much rather have fan ownership then have someone trying to sell any asset they can get their hands on,and strip the club down to skin and bone. At least the best interests of the club would be thought of, instead of Seppala calling the shots somewhere in the Caribbean, without giving a damn what effect it has on us the fans.
It isn't dead.

You were saying we shouldn't allow the club to run at break even, the fans would need to run it that way.

Break even will happen either way, it's how it's put across that's key.

Last edited:

wingy

There bigger lie for me was linked to covering losses when we played at Sixfields.
She made such a play in the media that she and her rich investors were going to cover it but Wilson and the two Clarkes ended up covering it.
Don't know what guarantees had to be given to the league,but I don't think you'd get away with it as the head of a PLC.

Rusty Trombone

There bigger lie for me was linked to covering losses when we played at Sixfields.
She made such a play in the media that she and her rich investors were going to cover it but Wilson and the two Clarkes ended up covering it.
Don't know what guarantees had to be given to the league,but I don't think you'd get away with it as the head of a PLC.
The League would not be concerned with that, they will always allow players to be sold to cover losses, regardless of whether someone says they won't. All clubs say they won't sell someone, which is often followed by selling them.

Paxman II

The reality of league 1 is that should your team produce a good player who obviously will play at a higher level there is little you can do to avoid him moving on. It's just a question of how much.
The club is still alive and still has the opportunity to improve from where we sit regardless of who owns us. Without a new owner with big bucks our prospects remain in the 'hopeful' category as we tread water but at least that's better than being lost forever.

ricohroar

On the protest front (as in the title of the thread) If whistles are to be used again I'd suggest to cause more disruption to play to not constantly blow them, more randomly so the players stop thinking its the ref..... Thursday it was easy to distinguish between the constant drone of supporters and the referee.

torchomatic

I know someone who speaks to Oggy Regularly and needless to say he doesn't think the club will survive much longer.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Maybe he should stop taking his wage and resign then so he can tell everyone not just "someone"?

Maybe he should stop taking his wage and resign then so he can tell everyone not just "someone"?
Lets be fair tho we have all got to make a living! Thats cutting your nose off to spite your face. Players and Managers don't criticise until after they have parted ways. Go into work tomorrow and call your boss a c**t because everyone else thinks he is too. See how far it gets you.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

torchomatic

We don't even have a first team coach, but yeah let's sack Oggy.

I can wait until the new manager arrives. I don't think I said "sack him" did I? You could quote where I did though, just in case I've forgotten.

Devon Sky Blue

I can wait until the new manager arrives. I don't think I said "sack him" did I? You could quote where I did though, just in case I've forgotten.
No you didn't say sack him, you said he should leave and I totally agree with you. He has been part of the losing mentality that has revolved around this club for years.
If I worked for wank employers like he's done over the years I would of believed in my own ability as a coach and fucked off years ago.

Joy Division

Oh christ, more of the 'its all Oggys fault' brigade. What planet are you on?

torchomatic

torchomatic

torchomatic

And I'll point you again to the same reply. Ridiculous!

He's a goalkeeping coach.

Yes, and I'll mention it again, no one said "it's all his fault", have they? Yes or no? My view is when a new manager comes in we should have a clean sweep and get rid of the past. If he was anyone else no one would say anything. Apologies if that doesn't match your view.

Joy Division

Yes, and I'll mention it again, no one said "it's all his fault", have they? Yes or no? My view is when a new manager comes in we should have a clean sweep and get rid of the past. If he was anyone else no one would say anything. Apologies if that doesn't match your view.

But people are blaming him for us not doing well.....by suggesting he should leave. yes/no?

Surely if he was that bad then why has every manager that has come in decided to retain him as a goalkeeping coach?

torchomatic

But people are blaming him for us not doing well.....by suggesting he should leave. yes/no?

Surely if he was that bad then why has every manager that has come in decided to retain him as a goalkeeping coach?

You're right, I said it was my view. You still avoid the question though, people aren't saying it is all his fault. Part of the problem, maybe? If I was new manager I would want my own team. We are in a shit position and can't afford sentiment. The new manager may well decide to keep him, which is fair enough.

skybluebeduff

If we didn't have two very poor goalkeepers, then Oggy wouldn't even be mentioned, he's done fantastic with other goalkeepers we've had here, he can't polish turds.

Users who are viewing this thread