Next Protest (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

If we didn't have two very poor goalkeepers, then Oggy wouldn't even be mentioned, he's done fantastic with other goalkeepers we've had here, he can't polish turds.

If you go back over the years on here you will see it has come up quite often. You said yourself about our two keepers. He coaches them yet they are perceived as poor. Why is that? Is that nothing to do with Oggy then?

Joy Division

You're right, I said it was my view. You still avoid the question though, people aren't saying it is all his fault. Part of the problem, maybe? If I was new manager I would want my own team. We are in a shit position and can't afford sentiment. The new manager may well decide to keep him, which is fair enough.

I've answered the question, but you know what my original point was in the first place. When all is left to blame is the goalkeeping coach then we are clutching at straws.

Like I say, if all these past mangers thought they could have brought in a better goalkeeping coach I'm sure they would have done so.

Joy Division

If you go back over the years on here you will see it has come up quite often. You said yourself about our two keepers. He coaches them yet they are perceived as poor. Why is that? Is that nothing to do with Oggy then?

Maybe those goalkeepers are non-league standard and he's made them passable in league one? Dunno

skybluebeduff

Not really, RCC has always been poor and was shipped out by Bury in League Two.

Burge has had 1 decent season....for Nuneaton.

Like I said, you cannot polish turds.

torchomatic

Not really, RCC has always been poor and was shipped out by Bury in League Two.

Burge has had 1 decent season....for Nuneaton.

Like I said, you cannot polish turds.

So if he can't improve them maybe we need a change when the new manager comes in? Or, we get rid of both keepers and get a couple Oggy can improve.

torchomatic

Maybe those goalkeepers are non-league standard and he's made them passable in league one? Dunno

Maybe. Actually, I think RCC is an OK keeper.

skybluebeduff

So if he can't improve them maybe we need a change when the new manager comes in? Or, we get rid of both keepers and get a couple Oggy can improve.
Seeing how many points these goalkeepers have cost us during games and not training sessions, yeah both need to go, most of us have been saying we needed a keeper since August last season.

AVWskyblue

Seeing how many points these goalkeepers have cost us during games and not training sessions, yeah both need to go, most of us have been saying we needed a keeper since August last season.
Ffs with our defensive performance over the last two seasons even De Gae would be made to look poor

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

It isn't dead.

You were saying we shouldn't allow the club to run at break even, the fans would need to run it that way.

Break even will happen either way, it's how it's put across that's key.
I would sooner the fans were running this club, even with a break even policy, than Sisu. Once Sisu go I think lots of interested parties will come on board, sponsors, advertisers etc who won't touch the club with Sisu there. What would you want, Sisu in charge, or a group of CCFC fans running the club?

Irish Sky Blue

Yes, and I'll mention it again, no one said "it's all his fault", have they? Yes or no? My view is when a new manager comes in we should have a clean sweep and get rid of the past. If he was anyone else no one would say anything. Apologies if that doesn't match your view.

If I was going to say that someone should leave their job I would want to have pretty good evidence that they have not been doing it properly. You cannot judge this on the performances of the goalkeepers because a coach can only improve someone so much. (Although I think they are both still improving). What you would have to do is watch the way he works with them everyday, judge his methods. Have you been at Ryton watching? If not, a bit harsh to suggest someone should go when in fact he could be brilliant at his job.

ccfcway

I would sooner the fans were running this club, even with a break even policy, than Sisu. Once Sisu go I think lots of interested parties will come on board, sponsors, advertisers etc who won't touch the club with Sisu there. What would you want, Sisu in charge, or a group of CCFC fans running the club?

this. I want the board meetings to be held on here.......

Item 1...how many players shall we send to Walsgrave hospital

4 hours later.....

torchomatic

If I was going to say that someone should leave their job I would want to have pretty good evidence that they have not been doing it properly. You cannot judge this on the performances of the goalkeepers because a coach can only improve someone so much. (Although I think they are both still improving). What you would have to do is watch the way he works with them everyday, judge his methods. Have you been at Ryton watching? If not, a bit harsh to suggest someone should go when in fact he could be brilliant at his job.

Seriously? Managers come in all the time and just get rid of the existing staff as he has his own team. The people he's getting rid of may be brilliant, but that doesn't stop him.

rupert_bear

I still think we are justified to carry on the protests, however with the rumoured appointment of Russell Slade or anyone else for that matter protests should take a different path and be away from the pitch. For me Tim Fisher and his removal from our club sooner rather than later is the main factor and eventually sisu.
Something for the JHW and others to ponder.

Last edited:

Otis

You're right, I said it was my view. You still avoid the question though, people aren't saying it is all his fault. Part of the problem, maybe? If I was new manager I would want my own team. We are in a shit position and can't afford sentiment. The new manager may well decide to keep him, which is fair enough.
Yep. Agree. Oggy should go. New manager, clean sweep.

Paxman II

i can only assume the fans who want oggy out are youngsters who never saw us in the prem.
Don't be so presumptive. Anyone who thinks he is just a goalkeeping coach is not paying attention. 25 years a legend. Yep he has had a long career with us but has been an ever present fixture around the place. Sometimes it's time to move on, let change happen. By golly this club needs it.

letsallsingtogether

So any coach that cannot improve a shit player must be shit?
So who should we sack for coaching our defenders, strickers and midfield.
Bearing in mind they have more players to choose from?

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

Seriously? Managers come in all the time and just get rid of the existing staff as he has his own team. The people he's getting rid of may be brilliant, but that doesn't stop him.
I would say that a new manager coming in would have some insight into the staff he is inheriting or intends to jettison. Oggy has worked under several managers who have often brought in their own team but saw fit to keep him. I am pretty sure they wouldn't jepedise their own chances of success by keeping a lame duck would they? So who has the better insight into Oggy as a coach? Supporters who have never seen what he does or several experienced managers and coaches who have worked with him day in day out?

NorthernWisdom

There bigger lie for me was linked to covering losses when we played at Sixfields.
She made such a play in the media that she and her rich investors were going to cover it but Wilson and the two Clarkes ended up covering it.
Don't know what guarantees had to be given to the league,but I don't think you'd get away with it as the head of a PLC.
Think of it more as underwriting tham, they'd have covered the losses if they had to but, as it turned out, they didn't have to.

Terry Gibson's perm

i can only assume the fans who want oggy out are youngsters who never saw us in the prem.

Nope I had to watch him in the premiership and stopped going for a while as it became a joke that he was being picked as soon as they dropped him I returned

He is a good coach (I know an ex goalkeeper he trained here) but my view he is kept on because the managers that come in are afraid to upset some of the fans by removing him, the two things he was very weak on these two keepers are distribution and crosses.

Brylowes

Coaches must come cheaper than goalkeepers , so if what you say is true, then surely all teams would
Just employ shit goalkeepers and the brilliant coach would improve them.
Never got the hate for Oggy, brilliant keeper for us in his day and a fantastic servant to this club,

torchomatic

Coaches must come cheaper than goalkeepers , so if what you say is true, then surely all teams would
Just employ shit goalkeepers and the brilliant coach would improve them.
Never got the hate for Oggy, brilliant keeper for us in his day and a fantastic servant to this club,

I don't think there is any hate for Oggy. Certainly not from me.

Brylowes

Nope I had to watch him in the premiership and stopped going for a while as it became a joke that he was being picked as soon as they dropped him I returned

He is a good coach (I know an ex goalkeeper he trained here) but my view he is kept on because the managers that come in are afraid to upset some of the fans by removing him, the two things he was very weak on these two keepers are distribution and crosses.
The main problem with these two goalkeepers is not their distribution, it's their inexperience and
You can't teach experience, they should be learning their trade without the pressure of continued
1st team football. Which goes for a lot of other players at the club as well.

covcity4life

I don't think there is any hate for Oggy. Certainly not from me.

your view he must be a bad coach is weird though torch

maybe he aint amazing but nothing to suggest hes bad either

we have had good keepers, the only time i noticed a dip is when murphy joined(who some on here loved)

but that dip was due to us no longer spending money. after westwood left i dont think you can blame a coach, we simply aint spending on gk talent. now we are trying to promote youth so we need to be patient. early 20s for a keeper is like being 17 for outfield player. give them time before judging their coach on the players performances.

skybluepm2

I personally think that the collective protests need to focus solely on highlighting Fisher's failures and inadequacies for the foreseeable future. Put a bit of much needed pressure on the turd and show him up for the useless disgusting piece of shit that he is. Ridding the club of that oxygen thief would be a massive step in the right direction.

Ashdown

Oggy was a great keeper at his best but most of that was before the pass back rule changed............with that he would have struggled as he was awful with his feet. The two keepers we have now though are sub standard and offer no confidence to the defence in front of them.

Users who are viewing this thread