Next season (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Some questions about what to do with Howley and Burroughs next season

Howley has played less than 300 minutes for Dundee this season, if he can't get a game there, he's nowhere near the level to be a back up in the championship. Surely has to go out on loan again.

Burroughs, was flying early in the season playing over 2.2k minutes, but has played just 94 minutes so far in the whole of 2024, he did have an injury but has also been an unused sub for large parts too. At 23 is it time he is moved on so he can go and play regular football somewhere?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

Need a bigger squad with a couple of experienced heads of high quality too .. can't be moaning about tiredness every every season with benches full of inexperienced kids and injury prone pros

The squad/bench has improved year on year though.

Last year we were bringing on the likes of Maguire, Howley, Dabo, Walker etc

This year it's O'Hare/Palmer, Torp, Allen, Godden etc

No reason why it won't improve again next season

Evo1883

The squad/bench has improved year on year though.

Last year we were bringing on the likes of Maguire, Howley, Dabo, Walker etc

This year it's O'Hare/Palmer, Torp, Allen, Godden etc

No reason why it won't improve again next season

But ultimately its still been too small and has not had enough quality .. it's not a case of I'm sure it will , it has too

Deity

Some questions about what to do with Howley and Burroughs next season

Howley has played less than 300 minutes for Dundee this season, if he can't get a game there, he's nowhere near the level to be a back up in the championship. Surely has to go out on loan again.

Burroughs, was flying early in the season playing over 2.2k minutes, but has played just 94 minutes so far in the whole of 2024, he did have an injury but has also been an unused sub for large parts too. At 23 is it time he is moved on so he can go and play regular football somewhere?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Both need another loan until Christmas

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Getting rid of Eccles is a ridiculous view. The lads been getting better and better

Saddlebrains, does your contract at the club know what's happened to Goalkeeper Cian Tyler ?

I know he's been injured but that was at Nuneaton in a per season friendly.

Last edited:

SkyblueTexan

Hope we don’t lose too many assets on the offseason. Rebuilding each time is such a painful process.

bigfatronssba

What we need is a leader. We don't have one.

Agree.

It’s against the model, but we need a McFadzean/Doyle type player to steady the heads of the younger ones when things aren’t going well

bigfatronssba

Hope we don’t lose too many assets on the offseason. Rebuilding each time is such a painful process.

O'Hare will go, Sheaf maybe. Other than that no one will.

They’ll be no rebuild. No excuse for another slow start to the season

SeaSeeEffCee

Trying not to let the horrendous end to the season dampen things too much. A lot of work to be done but we’re at a better footing for success than we were at the end of last season.

Hertsccfc

Agree.

It’s against the model, but we need a McFadzean/Doyle type player to steady the heads of the younger ones when things aren’t going well
If the model states you can't have a leader you really have to question whether the model is right.

You really are such a zealot for the model. There is more than one way to do things you know.

bigfatronssba

If the model states you can't have a leader you really have to question whether the model is right.

You really are such a zealot for the model. There is more than one way to do things you know.

Christ, talk about an overreaction.

I agreed that we need a leader. Not sure how you take from that I’m a zealot.

hamertime

I can’t see us keeping hold of Sheaf, he’s the best midfielder in the championship. If his head is turned then the club have to let him go but it will be for top dollar.

Another massive thing will be if we get funds in for Gyokeres being sold again. That could make or break our season.

junglej13

Significant improvement on Palmer needed. Need someone in that role who contributes far more terms of goals and assists. He's more interested in a Hollywood pass for his Instagram reel. Suspect his new agent will be working hard to get him one last day payday in the summer.

SkyblueTexan

Have to persuade Sheaf to stay. He’s the lynchpin for our team now. Will not part for anything less than 20M for him. Get Sorba Thomas and Nichols from Huddersfield who are relegated.

ptr

We are better than both those players if we are going upwards. Far better options we will have.
You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal

Deity

First priority is to get shit sorted earlier than last season and make sure we have a squad to take away for pre season.

last year took far to long
I don’t think it’s important to get all your business done early. It’s almost impossible which is why Aug is busier than June for transfers.

I do think it’s important you get your Big transfers done early ….

This is something the most successful clubs do well.

Users who are viewing this thread