Next Season's Kit (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Just emailed these to the club, not perfect but something!:

Here are a couple of designs that I have knocked up.

I really think that we need to use the mid/late nineties Skyblue and Dark Blue stripes again, the 96/97 and 97/98 shirts are fond favourites for many fans

commercially there is an added bonus that the people who were 10-15 around that time are in a key spending demographic now, often with kids of their own. I am sure that, if done correctly, that a kit which harks back to a really successful and exciting period for Cov would be very popular.

Something along the lines of this (with maybe slightly thinner white pin stripes):
View attachment 6624

Away Kit could be something that links the club back to the city of Coventry.
View attachment 6623

We all know the problems the clubs had in recent years (Northampton move, the Council court case etc.) so maybe a bit of civic pride could be a good theme. I've used the civic colours with a retro half and half theme, i'd say it would need to go with black shorts.
Have you sent that over to them because it is great. Tell them the lads* over at SBT like it.

*superfans

McLovin87

I really think that we need to use the mid/late nineties Skyblue and Dark Blue stripes again, the 96/97 and 97/98 shirts are fond favourites for many fans

commercially there is an added bonus that the people who were 10-15 around that time are in a key spending demographic now, often with kids of their own. I am sure that, if done correctly, that a kit which harks back to a really successful and exciting period for Cov would be very popular.

Something along the lines of this (with maybe slightly thinner white pin stripes):
View attachment 6624

View attachment 6623

We all know the problems the clubs had in recent years (Northampton move, the Council court case etc.) so maybe a bit of civic pride could be a good theme. I've used the civic colours with a retro half and half theme, i'd say it would need to go with black shorts.

How are you putting these together; what software are you using?

Speng

View attachment 6624

View attachment 6623

Love the home hate the away, looks like a rugby shirt , good work on the home though ,

mark82

View attachment 6624

View attachment 6623

Love that home kit. Not bought a kit for years but would buy one for all the family if they end up with that.

Alkhen

Have you sent that over to them because it is great. Tell them the lads* over at SBT like it.

*superfans

I have sent them to the club but before I thought to post them on this thread so didnt mention it.

if people like the home one, it wouldn't hurt to drop them an email saying it works for you :)

KG7

Love both of those designs Alkhen...any chance of knocking up a yellow and black one a la the early nineties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alkhen

How about the red and green but in the style you used for the home kits? you realise you'll get loads of these requests now!?

Yep whole new can of worms! ok Should really do some work today so wont be able to make any new ones at the mo. could quickly modify that home one tho

Gazolba

Would love the club to adopt a permanent design template for their home strip. For example, Man Utd always wear red shirts, white shorts and black socks and it is unmistakably them.<snip>
I've seen them in black shorts many times.

lifeskyblue

Would prefer all sky blue but do like the two striped shirts above...sky blue and blue home and red/green away. Would buy both

PUSB

SuperFred

C5XYI6IVMAAhimL.jpg

Just seen this on twitter, definitely gets my vote

Gazolba

Omg! We're the fuckin SKYBLUES!

Not the royal blue and skyblue stripes!

FFS

<snip>
Get over it! We had other colours for decades before we went sky blue.
Royal blue is a far nicer colour than sky blue.
In my opinion, it was one of JH's (few) mistakes that he coined a nickname that locked into a shirt colour.

scottccfc

Get over it! We had other colours for decades before we went sky blue.
Royal blue is a far nicer colour than sky blue.
In my opinion, it was one of JH's (few) mistakes that he coined a nickname that locked into a shirt colour.

I know it contradicts what i said earlier ( wanting a plain sky blue home shirt) but i wouldnt be against going away from a sky blue home shirt but keeping the sky blue colour for our away shirt

Hobo

Sky Blue shirt with dark blue collar. Dark blue shorts and sky blue socks.

Away strip red shirt black collar. Black shorts and black socks.

No fancy jazz. Solid colours. Old school.

Steve.B50

Does it matter?
With what our club is going through at present next seasons shirts should not even be on the agenda.
Make them play in last seasons kit no one should really care at present.

Skyblueweeman

Love Alkhens home shirt design and those purple tops as an away/3rd top.

I think it's good that we can switch between plain and stripes. I'm sure I've said on here before that we're the only club that does that but someone pointed out one or two others.

Still, nice to have the flexibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wingy

I'm praying for the late nineties lookalike and the second left Purple one for away.
Excellent stuff Alkhen.
Great Work.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

View attachment 6624

View attachment 6623

I like the home on. Small white lines allow for the sponsor to blend in, just like I'd asked. Decent effort :D

Away one not so keen. That design would suit more a rugby top. Or maybe it just reminds me of the rugby too I had to wear at school. I didn't like rugby!

Loved last seasons red away kit design. The collar especially!

Otis

That's decent! Maybe this home change colours on Alkhen's home one as like that design?

Ooh so difficult :)
I do like that, but unfortunately I just think Man City. :(

I know it is remiss of me, but that's the image it immediately conjures up in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread