Next Sisu Out Protest? (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

I only caught a bit of the phone in on CWR, but I'm pretty sure Nasal Nigel phoned in and said he had organised a Sisu out protest before the Northampton home game, at the roundabout by the Ricoh?

Nick

Administrator
Which roundabout? The one covered in those nasty sharp plants?

Don't fancy that too much.

Nick

Administrator
It is another example of our most vocal fans...

If people are going to do protests, they need to be clued up about why they are protesting surely?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Is that on his usual path from Car Park C to the JSB section, so he doesn't have to go out of his way like last week walking over from Tesco's??

mrtrench

I thought that this had all gone quiet now. I'd protest at their ricoh theft attempts and moving us to sixfields, but they haven't done anything bad recently have they?

Nick

Administrator
I thought that this had all gone quiet now. I'd protest at their ricoh theft attempts and moving us to sixfields, but they haven't done anything bad recently have they?

No it is all getting fired up.

The cynic in me says it's a welcome distraction for others ;)

People are getting riled up, often if you listen lately they are trying their hardest for reasons.

A good one "SISU wont let TM bring in a striker".

It wouldn't be the first time somebody has tried to get a few rumours going to get some SISU anger going would it ;)

One of the biggest issues is how misinformed people seem to be, and chinese whispers.*

*That is not saying they are misinformed because they dislike SISU, but some of the stuff they come out with as their reasons.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
CqD-0LSWgAAe-cx.jpg:large

This is the type of stuff we are dealing with.

I don't think a lot of our fans give 2 shits about what is actually going on, they just want to be angry at SISU. It is almost as if it is the done thing.

It has got to the point where people probably don't really know what they are angry about.

RFC

It is another example of our most vocal fans...

If people are going to do protests, they need to be clued up about why they are protesting surely?

I've had 60 years (Bantams & Sky Blues) lots of owners, lots of managers, players & councils but my support has always been unwavering for the team and manager (although not agreeing with them on occasions, including the great JH!).

Surely the team and the manager should be our focus and not outside totally unrelated issues. I'm a fan and that doesn't allow me to choose owners or managers (or elect councils thank god as I don't live in Coventry, thankfully!). PUSB

The proposed protest is a total and utter waste of time IMHO

rupert_bear

I've had 60 years (Bantams & Sky Blues) lots of owners, lots of managers, players & councils but my support has always been unwavering for the team and manager (although not agreeing with them on occasions, including the great JH!).

Surely the team and the manager should be our focus and not outside totally unrelated issues. I'm a fan and that doesn't allow me to choose owners or managers (or elect councils thank god as I don't live in Coventry, thankfully!). PUSB

You are basically correct, but it could be deemed a bit different this time, apart from the seemingly lack of team investment there are 2 quiet worrying things going on, the academy issue, will we, won't we have one next season and the where will we be playing in 2 seasons time.

Captain Dart

Like yourself.

Nick

Administrator
You are basically correct, but it could be deemed a bit different this time, apart from the seemingly lack of team investment there are 2 quiet worrying things going on, the academy issue, will we, won't we have one next season and the where will we be playing in 2 seasons time.

People bang on about lack of investment in the team, yet ignore that we are still actually buying players. We are investing in 3 and 4 year contracts for decent players.

Yes, in terms of the academy and us playing at the Ricoh. Standing on a roundabout will help sort that.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Rupert, I can't say for sure, and I don't wish to belittle anyone who took part with the best of intentions, but I don't think it had any more impact on the situation than the people who stayed away altogether.

rupert_bear

Rupert, I can't say for sure, and I don't wish to belittle anyone who took part with the best of intentions, but I don't think it had any more impact on the situation than the people who stayed away altogether.
Not saying it did, but a group of fans thought and used it to what they saw as keeping a crass decision in the headlines, I never went but respect what they did and for twelve months, just as if this Nigel fellow does what he says, let him, I don't know the guy but believe he is sincere, too many keyboard warriors on here take the piss out of him in my opinion.

Nick

Administrator
Not saying it did, but a group of fans thought and used it to what they saw as keeping a crass decision in the headlines, I never went but respect what they did and for twelve months, just as if this Nigel fellow does what he says, let him, I don't know the guy but believe he is sincere, too many keyboard warriors on here take the piss out of him in my opinion.

I'm not taking the piss out of him, the same as I said fair play to people who stood on the hill.

However, when he phones up ranting at CWR going on it shows he doesn't know too much about what is going on apart from he hates SISU.

Red John

This thread is the perfect example of why nothing will change.....the absolute fucking scum that own us has bullshitted and bullied any c**t they can for years now and whenever anybody tries to at least raise an objection against them the usual suspects just rip the piss and laugh.....the stadium and academy are the two biggest hurdles this club has faced in my lifetime and need addressing NOW not in six months or a years time, get your fucking tongues out of Joys arse crack and start pressurising these bastards, this forum is the perfect platform to do that but instead the admin and his merry bunch of nodding dogs just tow the line and shout down those who want change. And I don't necessarily mean change owners as no c**t wants us, but at least use this forums standing to try and cause the fuckers in charge to act in the best interest of the club and its fans....

rupert_bear

This thread is the perfect example of why nothing will change.....the absolute fucking scum that own us has bullshitted and bullied any c**t they can for years now and whenever anybody tries to at least raise an objection against them the usual suspects just rip the piss and laugh.....the stadium and academy are the two biggest hurdles this club has faced in my lifetime and need addressing NOW not in six months or a years time, get your fucking tongues out of Joys arse crack and start pressurising these bastards, this forum is the perfect platform to do that but instead the admin and his merry bunch of nodding dogs just tow the line and shout down those who want change. And I don't necessarily mean change owners as no c**t wants us, but at least use this forums standing to try and cause the fuckers in charge to act in the best interest of the club and its fans....
Well said sir !

Nick

Administrator

Nobody is ripping the piss or laughing.
Just because somebody says it won't work, it doesn't mean they have their tongue anywhere.
The thing is, you keep going on about pressuring SISU but do you think a man on a roundabout is going to pressure them? All parties need to be pressured.
Meanwhile, people get worked up and angry about SISU to the point they are going to explode it takes the attention away from other parties doesn't it ;)
It is almost as if it's perfect that all eyes are on the club and SISU so everybody else can crack on without any sort of backlash.
That isn't shouting down by the way, that is just stating the obvious.

Nobody is shouting down anybody who wants change, they are saying 10 people marching from Tesco to the game etc isn't going to change a thing.

Maybe people should stop listening to the shit that Juggy and others spout as gospel, try to see what's going on before they burst a blood vessel without actually knowing why and hammer everybody involved. SISU, CCC, WASPS, CSF.

I bet Wasps and CSF are sat pissing themselves, yet it is you that is going on about Nodding Dogs.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Who are all parties ?

It depends which issues we are talking about doesn't it?

The parties are different for the Ricoh issue compared to the academy aren't they?

Meanwhile, somebody just puts out a rumour and people get really angry and it takes the focus away. Nice and easy.

People need to stand back and look at it without the rage and anger.

Nick

Administrator
If anybody questions the logic, even if they constructively point something out the standard answer is "so you must be happy then?"

People bang on about nodding dogs, but step back and have a look at the majority of people believing and repeating made up rumours.

Is it a co-incidence the anti sisu stuff is rising? Have a look at the new posters who signed up to try and push it a couple of days before the academy stuff came out.

I am not doubting people hate SISU, I am not saying people shouldn't. Just have a look at the bigger picture ;)

Surely hammering SISU, CSF, Wasps and the Council would get a bit further wouldn't it? Each party would have their own weakness, standing on a roundabout won't bother SISU but it probably would if it was Wasps. etc etc.

Bad publicity in financial news won't bother CSF, but it would SISU.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

I just think Nick, fans have had enough. Their displeasure is built up from being a championship club when sisu arrived, apparently debt free, to 3 transfer embargoes, Northampton, the demise of their club from the championship to a struggling third division outfit. Okay there was an improvement last season but fans see 18 players leave most a lot admittedly we won't miss, just 5 come in and a poor start to the season. The "other" parties can't be blamed for any of the above. I thought this might be a watershed season re fans v owners.

Users who are viewing this thread