Wigan 13113
Crewe 11511
Southend 12967

Shrewsbury 10297
Bury 9096
Bury 10022

Well down..... Average 12.5k v 9.8k

stupot07

We average 9.3k in the 14/15 season and only averaged 10.9k in our first season in league one. Its early doors, it will only take one or two bigger crowds (and we get big crowds traditionally around Xmas) and the average will increase. Just need to get a win or two under our belts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

We average 9.3k in the 14/15 season and only averaged 10.9k in our first season in league one. Its early doors, it will only take one or two bigger crowds (and we get big crowds traditionally around Xmas) and the average will increase. Just need to get a win or two under our belts.

We don't belong in league 1 you know. Fans deserve better etc.

ccfcway

Compare game on game

we are substantially down on last year

stupot07

Compare game on game

we are substantially down on last year
Its difficult to compare game on game thoug, we're not playing the same teams
Last season Wigan were a big draw, had only been in the PL 2-3 years ago and favourites to win the league. We beat them then followed on with another huge win against Millwall.

This season is somewhat different, expectations are higher and preseason hasn't inspired. A few wins and fans will come back. Add to that STs and tickets are more expensive and matchday packages have on come on sale, also last season our 3 August home games were all on a sat, we've already had a midweek game in our 3 home games and have also had a home cup game meaning added cost to some.

Last edited:

ccfcway

not convinced

as you say, we traditionally get big crowds at xmas. Well we also do that on 1st game of the season. We were nearly 30% down. Wigan aren't Man Utd, I am not convinced the arrival of wigan puts 30% on the gate.,..

The may bring a few more, but attendances on the decline

trondegilsoltvedt97

13111 vs Wigan - of which 2000 were Wigan fans. So 11111 home
10296 vs Shrewsbury - of which 500 were Shrewsbury fans. So, 9800 ish home. So, just about 1300 down.

To me, Shrewsbury is less attractive fixture. It also wasn;'t first day of the season, having lost to swindon the week before and then played portsmouth too (although in the cup). Then you have the price increase, lack of recruitment, not very exciting pre-season...

ccfcway

13111 vs Wigan - of which 2000 were Wigan fans. So 11111 home
10296 vs Shrewsbury - of which 500 were Shrewsbury fans. So, 9800 ish home. So, just about 1300 down.

To me, Shrewsbury is less attractive fixture. It also wasn;'t first day of the season, having lost to swindon the week before and then played portsmouth too (although in the cup). Then you have the price increase, lack of recruitment, not very exciting pre-season...

so just the 13% down year on year then.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

far from it,

this is the biggest protest the fans have. They are doing it....slowly

I don't agree, nor endorse, but this factually what's happening
Thing is I don't think it's a protest it's people walking away. You might get some coming back for a big game if we get a premier in the fa cup should we ever get to the 3rd round. Bit there are a lot of people who have found other things to do. Look at the phone ins used to have lots of people who couldn't get on now they're phoning people to see if they want to go on.

Steve.B50

I sent a text to CWR last night, then had a call back asking me to go on air, said no thanks.
A lot of people just don't care anymore.

NorthernWisdom

Thing is I don't think it's a protest it's people walking away.

Yup, I've said before I'm not a regular. I have my reasons... as does everyone. Thing is, it'd be a damned site easier to get over those reasons or find a way around them if the club was a bit more... loveable, wouldn't it. I'm not going to make some heroic ego boast about it being some kind of epic principled protest I'm on though.

Normal approach is just that, the big fat shrug of the shoulders rather than a protest against the owners, just a natural consequence of the club being a bit... shit.

In all kinds of ways.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yup, I've said before I'm not a regular. I have my reasons... as does everyone. Thing is, it'd be a damned site easier to get over those reasons or find a way around them if the club was a bit more... loveable, wouldn't it. I'm not going to make some heroic ego boast about it being some kind of epic principled protest I'm on though.

Normal approach is just that, the big fat shrug of the shoulders rather than a protest against the owners, just a natural consequence of the club being a bit... shit.

In all kinds of ways.
I can understand every close season can't wait for the season to start not this year. I don't listen to the Friday night show. Also I know that if I miss a few games I could find things to do to make it permanent like others have.

shmmeee

FWIW IIRC we tend to lose about 10% a year when we don't have any significant success or a stadium change. So 13% isn't a huge change from the norm. We put on roughly 30% for a successful season (including last year).

letsallsingtogether

FWIW IIRC we tend to lose about 10% a year when we don't have any significant success or a stadium change. So 13% isn't a huge change from the norm. We put on roughly 30% for a successful season (including last year).
I put on roughly 20% of I eat to many Big Mac's.
But seriously these supporters are literally giving up it is hard to stay focused won't be getting a ST next year if things don't improve getting harder to motivate oneself to go up the City any more.
I do still enjoy the away games though.

rupert_bear

Writing is on the wall re attendances, Northampton would be one of the bigger gates just about our local derby can only think of Sheffield United perhaps Bolton and Walsall that could exceed that and that's relying on a larger away following. Last season's improvements drove up expectation perhaps a false dawn but home support got to about 12000 regular which tapered off a bit at the end of the season. Fans ain't stupid they see an improvement at last and then see 18 leave, one for a few million and only half a dozen come in and not necessarily better quality they react the only way they can, don't go. The next home match v Oldham will be interesting gate wise I think it will be below 9000.

Users who are viewing this thread