Nfl (1 Viewer)

skybluedaze

Big Eagles fan!
Been to see them once at the Linc vs the Giants.. as well as Giants vs Bears at the Meadowlands.

Although i don't follow a specific team in the NFL, my two faves are the Jets and Philly. The Jets as i've always loved NY and always wanted to go there. Philly probably because of the Fresh Prince or something lame like that! Seriously though, i like Philly cos of a cool film i watched about a player that played for them in the 70's, oh and Rocky put Philly on the map too. Like there Ice Hockey team the flyers as well.

CovLis86

I first watched a game 12 years ago, and although they lost (as they were pretty poor around that time) i just loved how mean the Steelers defense were, and loved the sport ever since and watch every game ( download them and watch the game the following evening, trying to avoid spoilers!!)

ajsccfc

Like Darth I unfortunately follow the Seahawks, based purely on going there years ago and then looking out for them, picking them as my Madden team etc. and it kind of stuck from there. Same reason I follow the Magic in NBA. Both sides on the wane, there's a theme developing here...

CovKingChris

Facebook User
I'd like it if we at least entertained the idea of having a similar approach to supporting like the steelers. They sell 'Terrible Towels', and they are extremely popular with the fans. Ask any one of them and they'll say they have between 4 to 6 of them. It's crazy. They all take them to the games and spin them whilst chanting.

Anyway, if we had something similar, I thought it'd be pretty cool.

$(KGrHqJ,!iIE-r4tzO!sBPyULj191!~~60_35.JPG

That's this seasons one as they're celebrating their 80th season and they release different ones for different occasions. They're smaller than your average towel, like hand-towel size.

Bagsy

I'm a big Green Bay Packers fan, have been for around 10 years! What I like about NFL is that it seems to work in cycles (with packers been good for the last few season), so pretty much any team has a chance of winning the Superbowl at some point, due to the draft system.

Looking forward to tomorrow night, Packers are the 9:15pm kickoff on Sky :pimp:

Here's to another 15-1 season! Hopefully get through the playoffs this season though!

cheesehead.jpeg

Last edited:

skybluedaze

Green Bay are also live on Sky at 1am this Thursday against Chicago if you didn't already know. You might have to book the day off work if your considering watching it! Only downside to NFL. It's not the same when you record it. Not an easy start for 'the pack' is it? 49'ers and Bears in the space of 5 days won't be easy.

Otis

Hoping for a big season for the Redskins this year. They have been finishing bottom on the NFC East for many years now, but hopefully this season with a new quarterback they can make a real challenge.

The Patriots are my 2nd team, so I usually end up watching them once the Skins self implode.

Bagsy

Green Bay are also live on Sky at 1am this Thursday against Chicago if you didn't already know. You might have to book the day off work if your considering watching it! Only downside to NFL. It's not the same when you record it. Not an easy start for 'the pack' is it? 49'ers and Bears in the space of 5 days won't be easy.

I'll just record it and watch it on Friday Evening with a few beers. It's not too hard to avoid a result in this country, so I shouldn't see it.

It's a tough start, but with Rodgers pulling the strings anything is possible! Hopefully get a decent start tonight.

Hopefully a Cov win, McLaren 1/2 in the F1 and Packers win today! :D

andy86

Although i don't follow a specific team in the NFL, my two faves are the Jets and Philly. The Jets as i've always loved NY and always wanted to go there. Philly probably because of the Fresh Prince or something lame like that! Seriously though, i like Philly cos of a cool film i watched about a player that played for them in the 70's, oh and Rocky put Philly on the map too. Like there Ice Hockey team the flyers as well.

Good man. Hockey is without a doubt my favourite sport other than football (soccer), and the Flyers are my team, been to see them play a number of times.

Bagsy

I'll just record it and watch it on Friday Evening with a few beers. It's not too hard to avoid a result in this country, so I shouldn't see it.

It's a tough start, but with Rodgers pulling the strings anything is possible! Hopefully get a decent start tonight.

Hopefully a Cov win, McLaren 1/2 in the F1 and Packers win today! :D

Half a point out of 2 so far :facepalm: Hopefully the last one will come in!!!

CovKingChris

Facebook User
The NFL have got it right though.

Less debt, better structure, better fans, better youth set-ups.

The sheer passion from the fans and what the teams give back to them is amazing.

Players get drafted so often and they still show the same amount of passion no matter where they're playing.

Darth Robins

The draft system and profit sharing is excellent, it's a shame there would be no way of actually getting a non corrupt governing body to put that kind of system in place in regular football, it'd be next to impossible anyway, but it works really well for the NFL. I think it's a large part of why it's becoming so popular, it's grown massively in the last 10-15 years in the US, and seems to be really catching on worldwide now too.

Otis

Otis redskins got first dratf didn't? And the quarter bk they picked is supposed to be shit hot

2nd best prospect after Andrew Luck.

Robert Griffin though shone the brightest today for sure. 2 TD's.

40-32!

:claping hands::claping hands:

Otis

Depends how Manning stands-up and whether he can stay healthy.

My brother used to live in Denver for a number of years so I do also follow them too.

Si80

Giants fan here. Season didn't start too well :facepalm:.
Really need to co-incide my next NYC trip for when they are at home (Giants & Jets have always been away when I've been there).

torchomatic

Don't really watch it now, but used to love it at the end of the 80s/early 90s. I was a Houston Oilers fan (they were in Sky Blue!) when Warren Moon was QB. There was a great shop in Brum that used to do merchandise and I bought some great HO stuff.

Otis

Ahh Warren Moon. that takes me back.

You remember The Hogs of Washington and John Riggins who just walked over opponents? :D

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
anyone watching the rams v skins game briallant game really have taking a huge liking to rams with this come back hope they win,miami won today aswell which was good!

Otis

Great game, but obviously gutted with the result.

The wide receiver who induced that flag right at the end needs shooting.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
lol ya well i was going for the rams bradford had very good game so the griffin the 3rd a i think, ya was stupid of him to throw ball at him when they were in punting range to tie the game. after it i saw coventry jets lost the english version of the bowl to london blitz aswell.

so ive decidd to get into the game myself ive contacted the ul vikings there the americian football team here in my city in the university. read up about them and there top joint as best team in the country.i used to play rugby and saw my friend from school plays with them gave him a ring and wants me to come down wednesday for training thinks id do well so ill give it a go and see if i like it but def love watching it.

Otis

Harder to play though. You'll have to learn the play-book.

At least with football and Paul Ince the only thing the team has to learn is 'shoot' and that's it!

muners

Cincinnati Bengals all the way for me. been a fan for years. never really knew why the bengals though. random. great sport.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
they beat the browns didnt they? im trying to get to know the players of teams which i dont think is hard as you have the main qb you have your running back and your wr i know the blockers play there part aswell, i only know manning so far, reggie bush for dolphins. bradford for rams and rg3 for redskins i think, cant remember the running backs and th wr for skins or rams if anyone can help there ha?

Otis

they beat the browns didnt they? im trying to get to know the players of teams which i dont think is hard as you have the main qb you have your running back and your wr i know the blockers play there part aswell, i only know manning so far, reggie bush for dolphins. bradford for rams and rg3 for redskins i think, cant remember the running backs and th wr for skins or rams if anyone can help there ha?

The Skins have relatively new running backs. They had Tim Hightower but he got injured and they released him.

They have quite a young group now. Evan Royster, Roy Helu and Alfred Morris, who is a rookie. They all look quite good though.

They still have Santana Moss at wide receiver but the rest of them are quite young and unknown overall.

RG3 is looking the business at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread