Nice to be right! (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Start of the season many here did not rate our chances but some (not many) actually called it right. Far too many were pessimistic all campaign. I did call it right with a few others when asked "would success be?" Promotion unequivocally for me and I said it consistently. Today that happened. Not here to gloat but well done if you were one of those that called it.
I never thought the playoff's were in doubt. After Cheltenham we looked like a different proposition. We look a very good side at this level and will only get better. If we keep the manager and this squad bar one or two bits of dead wood, bring in a few new faces, Jones to return, we will challenge in league one as we go looking for back to back promotions.

Paul Anthony

I'll be honest in that I thought we'd either go up automatically or not at all, but mostly leaning to the not at all side. I think over the years I've learned not to get my hopes up too much where city are concerned. I've never been so glad to be proven wrong though!

Hobo

Start of the season many here did not rate our chances but some (not many) actually called it right. Far too many were pessimistic all campaign. I did call it right with a few others when asked "would success be?" Promotion unequivocally for me and I said it consistently. Today that happened. Not here to gloat but well done if you were one of those that called it.
I never thought the playoff's were in doubt. After Cheltenham we looked like a different proposition. We look a very good side at this level and will only get better. If we keep the manager and this squad bar one or two bits of dead wood, bring in a few new faces, Jones to return, we will challenge in league one as we go looking for back to back promotions.

Pre and early season I can understand caution against blind optimism, especially with new faces coming in. Mid season when things are bumping along a bit, I hate the default knee jerk reaction between optimism and pessimism. Seriously, to the point of whether some of our fans really understand football?

Our young lads have done well under Robins, despite some of our fans over criticism. But they have had great support from other fans..

tigersb

After Morecambe away,I wouldn’t have given us a chance
Glad to be proved wrong

Otis

You also didn't want Mowbray sacked.

Oh and I just checked the League One rules. Clearly states in there that if you get relegated and then come straight back up again, you are no longer allowed to talk about former 6ft managers with big noses. Opportunity over, Statute of limitations exhausted.

Sorry, but dem's da rules.

Same for typing gobbledygook. That's banned too. Same applies.

So, can it!

harvey098

Have to admit, I thought we would fall just short of the play offs. Even a few weeks ago when we lost to Notts County I wasn’t confident. I couldn’t be happier to be wrong

Otis

I said we had to make the playoffs before the season, but you're right, at one point it looked like we would blow it.

itsabuzzard

Good work. Where do you get your crystal balls from?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

I felt much less tense when we were 3-0 but after their goal went in I thought just blow the bloody whistle, total relief at the end but if I am honest I thought next season would be our season but happy to have got that wrong the first time I have seen promotion because Noel Cantwell was manager when I first started supporting us so just missed out on the JH years but trying to be right at a moment like this ....fuck that WE ARE PROMOTED !!!!!

Terry Gibson's perm

My betting account this morning says I made the right call at the start of the season unfortunately it only partly balances all of the bad calls throughout the season

Sky Blue Harry H

Towards the latter end of the season our performances away from The Ricoh really picked up: including scoring a few goals along the way. The players seemd to pick up confidence from that. Peaked at just the right time. Now for the 'what happens next' bit re: recruitment/departures!

steve82

Some people doubted jordan Willis

Some wanted him sold

Not me

Not covcity4life

Ha ha I’ll give you a thumbs up...
just enjoy the occasion like the rest of us.

He played very well but still struggled at times against Stockley a big powerful target man that we’ve given reason for doubting him in them situations not just by me.

However he largely had the measure of Exeter and Notts county for that and his all round play was up to the quality of a player with a good value on his head to warrant talking of selling him in November for a handsome fee in January to assist getting reinforcements as we was blessed with players in that position fit for L2 challenges.

The goal was a moment of class without doubt. Will be remembered for a long time by many.

A top athlete that will be back playing at a level which suits his traits more, and will be a pivotal figure still..... unless a very handsome offer comes in that makes MR think this summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Ha ha I’ll give you a thumbs up...
just enjoy the occasion like the rest of us.

He played very well but still struggled at times against Stockley a big powerful target man that we’ve given reason for doubting him in them situations not just by me.

However he largely had the measure of Exeter and Notts county for that and his all round play was up to the quality of a player with a good value on his head to warrant talking of selling him in November for a handsome fee in January to assist getting reinforcements as we was blessed with players in that position fit for L2 challenges.

The goal was a moment of class without doubt. Will be remembered for a long time by many.

A top athlete that will be back playing at a level which suits his traits more, and will be a pivotal figure still..... unless a very handsome offer comes in that makes MR think this summer.

Looks like davies stamped worked out wel for us

Its a funny old game

steve82

Looks like davies stamped worked out wel for us

Its a funny old game

County gave the treatment in the league we gave it in the play offs. County didn’t like it yet it spurred us on to Wembley as the ill feelings developed between the two legs.

Doyle did a little beauty in the first half too yesterday, the little arts of the game.

tigersb

Can I put it on record here that I don't think Shipley will do it for us in league 1
The boy has plenty of ability but doesnt use it often enough
Look forward to having the piss ripped out of me this time next year

wingy

If we're going to follow anyone I think that London guy had it right all the way through as we went along ,even over the bumps.
Got the exact outcome he desired, soothsayer!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread