Nike (1 Viewer)

I have never been a fan of Nike kits. It may be something to do with the fact that they are an American brand and America is not a country that you associate with 'the beautiful game'. Looking on the web at the various new kits that clubs will be wearing next season I feel that the best are from the smaller sports brands.

What is the financial benefit of having a kit made by Nike for a club like ours ?. I know that the big clubs get paid millions by the likes of Nike, but we are in league 2 and we will not get much worldwide exposure there.

oldmangroom

The contract we have is with Just Sports, who sell the Nike licensed template kits, with added CCFC badges. It's an economy of scale issue, the more clubs who contract out their sponsorships, the greater the profit margins for middle-men such as Just Sports. I believe Bradford had/has a similar deal and have been moved to Avec (hence our training gear).

Skybluefaz

I have never been a fan of Nike kits. It may be something to do with the fact that they are an American brand and America is not a country that you associate with 'the beautiful game'. Looking on the web at the various new kits that clubs will be wearing next season I feel that the best are from the smaller sports brands.

What is the financial benefit of having a kit made by Nike for a club like ours ?. I know that the big clubs get paid millions by the likes of Nike, but we are in league 2 and we will not get much worldwide exposure there.
You get the kudos of having a kit made by a globally respected brand that is more desirable to a lot of people than something by kit@ like we had once upon a time. If nothing else I think there is also a degree of quality that comes from a manufacturer such as Nike.

skybluepm2

Nike are my favourite sports brand; they're the big boys. The second I woke up this morning I bought the new kit because I loved it. 'Sky Blues' in every aspect. Whatever kit we decide will never satisfy everyone, but I'm hopeful this seasons will be a title winning jersey. Cannot wait for the season to start now!

Nick

Administrator
I don't personally mind Nike stuff, I don't really wear football shirts anyway as they make me stink but I don't see the issue in using them. Most clubs will use a template nowadays.

The other thing about using Nike is that there are Nike training tops etc which use Dri Fit which is still good.

I wouldn't mind Under Armour though :)

CJ_covblaze

Is it glued on again not stitched? Don't get why they do it that way. Would've bought some of the stuff in the last couple of years if they charged a couple of quid more and did it properly.

Otis

Poxy phone
Is this it?
1464c157c3356466e50c63b6c6ac354f.jpg

ajsccfc

I'd imagine you're more likely to sell training and leisure stuff made by Nike or Adidas than a smaller local brand.

Captain Dart

dom-joly-phone.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread