No More Signings (1 Viewer)

Greggs

I am asking you though, which chances were they? If you want to gloat and give it loads, back it up with more than BBC stats.
Robins missing the chance to substitute McNulty

Astute

Can either of you name all the good chances we had tonight bar the 2 Biamou headers?
That is my point. No anticipation frim the strikers we do have. Not running forwards so a pass could cut through their defence. No running at defenders to make them pull back and give more space to those on the ball. No anticipation on balls unexpectedly going into the box. No anticipation on their GK making a mistake. It will come with time. But we don't have time.

Wilson went from zero to hero. He had a good teacher. He had a poacher with him that also made his own goals.

Yet we don't need one because we don't get the ball into dangerous areas? It isn't dangerous if nobody is in the right place. You would be moaning about balls going in and nobody there to do anything.

Nick

Administrator
That is my point. No anticipation frim the strikers we do have. Not running forwards so a pass could cut through their defence. No running at defenders to make them pull back and give more space to those on the ball. No anticipation on balls unexpectedly going into the box. No anticipation on their GK making a mistake. It will come with time. But we don't have time.

Wilson went from zero to hero. He had a good teacher. He had a poacher with him that also made his own goals.

Yet we don't need one because we don't get the ball into dangerous areas? It isn't dangerous if nobody is in the right place. You would be moaning about balls going in and nobody there to do anything.

They are though? Even when Ponticelli came on he was making runs and losing his marker. McNulty in the first half was making runs into gaps also but nothing.

Astute

They are though? Even when Ponticelli came on he was making runs and losing his marker. McNulty in the first half was making runs into gaps also but nothing.
OK. We don't need a striker because we are shit.

Nick

Administrator
OK. We don't need a striker because we are shit.

You still aren't getting what I am saying. If we had a formation or a midfielder who would unlock defences it would make a world of difference.

People were calling for Ponticelli, he made no difference tonight because our system was still the same. He is a player who thrives on being put through and finishing goals, a bit of an Armstrong. There is none of that going on at all.

Grendel

There you go.
Debate won.
Gendel hasn't got a point to make so turns to abuse.
Classic, seen time and time before.
Thank you and good night.
Close the thread.

Got more likes than you on here to be fair. How many games have you actually watched?

singers_pore

You still aren't getting what I am saying. If we had a formation or a midfielder who would unlock defences it would make a world of difference.

People were calling for Ponticelli, he made no difference tonight because our system was still the same. He is a player who thrives on being put through and finishing goals, a bit of an Armstrong. There is none of that going on at all.

Almost every time that McNulty and Biamou receive a pass in a forward position they lose the ball and/or the chance to get a shot off.

McNulty is woefully weak - a small shoulder charge and he loses the ball. He also looks unfit.

Biamou is just not good enough. People on here were saying that Biamou's main strength is his heading. Well fuck me, today's performance laid that myth to rest. Two woeful headers from very good opportunities. He also had a shot on the edge of the 6 yard box that he managed to hit off target. He's complete gash. Definitely not L2 standard.

Nick

Administrator
Almost every time that McNulty and Biamou receive a pass in a forward position they lose the ball and/or the chance to get a shot off.

McNulty is woefully weak - a small shoulder charge and he loses the ball. He also looks unfit.

Biamou is just not good enough. People on here were saying that Biamou's main strength is his heading. Well fuck me, today's performance laid that myth to rest. Two woeful headers from very good opportunities. He also had a shot on the edge of the 6 yard box that he managed to hit off target. He's complete gash. Definitely not L2 standard.

Didn't Biamou set up 2 good chances in the first half? Yep, should have done much better with his headers though.

He also gave the ball away less than Nazon and had a better first touch, but because Nazon tried to shoot from anywhere and everywhere it will be OK.

Astute

I get what you mean. But you are saying that we don't need a striker that can score goals to make your point.

Jones and Duck need someone to coach them on the pitch. They are both decent but raw talent. Those that should be there to help them are similar.

Astute

Didn't Biamou set up 2 good chances in the first half? Yep, should have done much better with his headers though.

He also gave the ball away less than Nazon and had a better first touch, but because Nazon tried to shoot from anywhere and everywhere it will be OK.
Set up 2 good chances and had good chances himself yet it is a waste of time having an experienced striker that can score goals because we don't get any chances?

Nick

Administrator
Set up 2 good chances and had good chances himself yet it is a waste of time having an experienced striker that can score goals because we don't get any chances?
As I said, list them for me ;)

The ones he setup weren't for strikers, I mentioned his 2 headers straight away too

Last edited:

singers_pore

Virtually everyone on the Biamou thread agrees he is not good enough. You are entitled to your opinion but it's pretty obvious to most people that you are wrong.

Nick

Administrator
Virtually everyone on the Biamou thread agrees he is not good enough. You are entitled to your opinion but it's pretty obvious to most people that you are wrong.
That's fair enough, yet others as you have will have rated Jones and duck highly that wasted a lot more.

Im by no means saying he is Messi or Ronaldo, but he wasn't even the worst player on the pitch last night.

dongonzalos

I am asking you though, which chances were they? If you want to gloat and give it loads, back it up with more than BBC stats.

Jesus wept
If I could type the equivalent of talking slowly! Last time.....

It doesn't matter how many clear cut chances there are the right striker in this team will create chances and will make the right movement. This will also encourage other to pick him out.

Nick

Administrator
Jesus wept
If I could type the equivalent of talking slowly! Last time.....

It doesn't matter how many clear cut chances there are the right striker in this team will create chances and will make the right movement. This will also encourage other to pick him out.

And I have already given you examples of last night when the right movements were being made.

Again, if you want to talk football then talk football. Don't just use cliches without expanding into it.

dongonzalos

Got more likes than you on here to be fair. How many games have you actually watched?

How many more likes has somebody got than me?
How many likes have I got?
When trying to get access to certain exclusive bars will they ask me how many likes I have on SBT?
I need to sort this out quick time !!!

2 and watched one on telly.
Managed to listen to most of the rest.
Watched highlights onall.
Work means I can't attend every game.

Out of interest what standard of football did you play at and for how long?

dongonzalos

And I have already given you examples of last night when the right movements were being made.

There would be more runs more movement, better movement and as I stated so many times when 'giving it loads'.
If Jones and Duck have scored less goals (from distance) than you as you are the main striker and you are doing the business. They would not get away with so many shots from distance.
No cliches just common sense and what happens on a football pitch when you have a striker scoring goals.
The manager encourages the players to get the ball to them.
That striker demands the ball.
Jones abd Duck have been more successful with their shots than any striker close up.
So for their decision making they think shooting is the right option more times than not.
That is talking football.
Not just saying 'list them list them' to every point a person makes. Totally ignoring the point they are making.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
There would be more runs more movement, better movement and as I stated so many times when 'giving it loads'.
If Jones and Duck have scored less goals (from distance) than you as you are the main striker and you are doing the business. They would not get away with so many shots from distance.

You still aren't explaining though, I am telling you that there was movement and runs. Ponticelli did nothing but run, dart and move into space but both Duck and Jones still tried to shoot.

You are just typing lots and using cliches without expanding on it. Why do you keep saying "they would not get away with it"?

dongonzalos

You still aren't explaining though, I am telling you that there was movement and runs. Ponticelli did nothing but run, dart and move into space but both Duck and Jones still tried to shoot.

You are just typing lots and using cliches without expanding on it. Why do you keep saying "they would not get away with it"?

Not sure how much clearer I can be in my explanation.
If Ponti scored yesterday in the box from a run.
If he does the same again at the next match.
I guarantee you the next time Ponti makes a run and jones shoots instead. Ponti will slaughter him. Mark Robins will slaughter him.
Then the next time Ponti makes a similar run Jones will think twice.
I am a bit gob smacked you don't get what I am saying and that I have to try and explain it in this detail for you to not suggest it is a cliche. Even all the other times I have explained this it wasn't a cliche either. It's just common sense.
At the start of the season if McNulty had put chances away instead of getting the ball stuck under his feet. If he then went in to score another 5 on top of that. Trust me as well as taking the odd shot from distance Jones and the Duck's main aim would be to feed McNulty

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I guarantee you the next time Ponti makes a run and jones shoots instead. Ponti will slaughter him. Mark Robins will slaughter him.
I am a bit gob smacked you don't get what I am saying abd that I have to try and explain it in this detail for you to not suggest it is a cliche. Even all the other times I have explained this it wasn't a cliche either. It's just common sense.

Because you keep going on about things but you don't actually seem to have a clue what is happening in games..

You keep trying your best to justify Jones having awful shots instead of passing it because he "can get away with it".

You go on about runs being made, even though yesterday multiple times runs were made but ignored.

You just completely ignore references to things that have happened during the match.

Esoterica

I am a bit gob smacked you don't get what I am saying abd that I have to try and explain it in this detail for you to not suggest it is a cliche. Even all the other times I have explained this it wasn't a cliche either. It's just common sense.
As soon as the highlights are uploaded, I will gif you at least 3 chances from yesterday where McNulty runs into space and is ignored by either Jones on Nazon who have hopeful strikes. One of which McNulty goes fucking nuts at Nazon but later on he ignores him again just the same. It's no surprise he just gives up. McNulty and Ponticelli need clever players around them, or at least ones who can think - Jones and Nazon are pigeon brained.
You're just making something up.

dongonzalos

As soon as the highlights are uploaded, I will gif you at least 3 chances from yesterday where McNulty runs into space and is ignored by either Jones on Nazon who have hopeful strikes. One of which McNulty goes fucking nuts at Nazon but later on he ignores him again just the same. It's no surprise he just gives up. McNulty and Ponticelli need clever players around them, or at least ones who can think - Jones and Nazon are pigeon brained.

I know that is happening. What I am saying is if McNulty had scored more times than either of them have from taking shots.
They would not make that poor decision to shoot.
So far shooting has paid more dividends than setting up McNulty or any striker.
That bad decision making needs to stop.
Robins needs to sort it.
However you have a striker bang in form they would be more focused on feeding him as that is where our goals would be coming from.
Unfortunately our only goals are coming from their shots

Nick

Administrator

Ponticelli didn't stop making runs. He was constantly trying to confuse the defender marking him by weaving and making runs into space.

Him and McNulty both often point and shout at exactly where they want it too, you can see Ponticelli trying to tell them where to put it for him.

You will also see Jones and Nazon (Nazon even more last night than Duck) not even look up and just head down then shot.

Nick

Administrator
I know that is happening. What I am saying is if McNulty had scored more times than either of them have from taking shots.
They would not make that poor decision to shoot.
So far shooting has paid more dividends than setting up McNulty or any striker.
That bad decision making needs to stop.
Robins needs to sort it.
However you have a striker bang in form they would be more focused on feeding him as that is where our goals would be coming from.
Unfortunately our only goals are coming from their shots

Christ, they don't even look up to see who is there before they shoot. They aren't looking to see who it is, thinking how many have they scored and then choosing to shoot instead.

The more you keep typing, the more you just show you haven't actually seen much or taken it in.

People have been shouting for Ponticelli, we actually looked less threatening when he came on. That was through no fault of his either.

Grendel

There are a lot of problems. The biggest problem I suspect is Robins has a blind spot in insisting on playing Doyle in the same way Mowbray was obsessed with fortune. Him and Kelly together are defensive midfielders. They don't offer an attacking option and Doyle has always been woeful at distribution.

We don't dominate anything centrally and have one outlet to provide any crosses. McNulty never played as a central striker all evening - he was scurrying back in midfield to try and obtain possession or out wide and not even in the box for corners.

Having a 20 goal a season striker is a cheap sound byte for several reasons;

1. If it's so easy to get one every club would get one

2. Natural strikers will get little service here due to no one supplying consistent service

3. Strikers are like any other player - they could succeed or flop or get injured

In the end Robins needs to sort the style of play over personnel and change the midfield team or he will be gone before Christmas.

stupot07

Jones has scored 1 long ranger. He has had more shots than any other player in the squad this season - 47 only hitting the target 18 times.

He had 5 shots and scored 3 in the first game of the season (all goals from inside the area)

Since then he has had 42 shots in the last 13 games hitting the target only 15 times and scoring just 1 goal from distance but under zero pressure.

Not hanging him out to dry but he's hardly that prolific that he should shoot every time ignoring all of the strikers in better positions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Monkey Boy

Nazon was best played through the middle when McNulty was out. He either needs to change formation to two up top or he has to drop McNulty. In terms of playing three up top, we have no right winger unless you put Jones there and play Haynes. If he continues to play Kelly and Doyle, I would play Stevenson in front of them may be.

dongonzalos

Because you keep going on about things but you don't actually seem to have a clue what is happening in games..

You keep trying your best to justify Jones having awful shots instead of passing it because he "can get away with it".

You go on about runs being made, even though yesterday multiple times runs were made but ignored.

You just completely ignore references to things that have happened during the match.

I give up.
You are not that stupid.
You understand the point I am making. You know it is correct.

So you are skating round it going on about cliches and any other rubbish you can come up with to avoid it.
The simple fact is that if a striker is scoring goals and is the main man.
Players will be encouraged to pick him out at every opportunity.
Their decision making will change.
Fact of football.

Not at our level but to make the point Fabregas has a fantastic shot from distance. Yet when Costa was playing 9 out of 10 times Fabregas would find him instead of taking a shot.
When Costa was out injured Fabregas took more shots on goal from distance and during that period Chelsea scored less goals and Fabregas got less assists .

Jones has scored 1 long ranger. He has had more shots than any other player in the squad this season - 47 only hitting the target 18 times.

He had 5 shots and scored 3 in the first game of the season (all goals from inside the area)

Since then he has had 42 shots in the last 13 games hitting the target only 15 times and scoring just 1 goal from distance but under zero pressure.

Not hanging him out to dry but he's hardly that prolific that he should shoot every time ignoring all of the strikers in better positions.

He isn't scoring tap ins and unfortunately he has scored more than those making runs in the boxes. So he fancies himself shooting over them.
Which would not happen as much if there was an out and out goalscorer doing the business there.
Ponti might be that player we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I'm not skating around anything, I am giving you real life examples from our games. I am asking you to do the same but you just keep typing lots of words without really saying anything.

There is nothing thick about it, reply to me with references within the games like I have with you instead of skirting around the issue and just repeating yourself over and over.

You are justifying somebody taking a pot shot from distance or a silly angle rather than laying a player clean through where they are in a better position, but you are lost when I start talking about instances during our games.

dongonzalos

I'm not skating around anything, I am giving you real life examples from our games. I am asking you to do the same but you just keep typing lots of words without really saying anything.

There is nothing thick about it, reply to me with references within the games like I have with you instead of skirting around the issue and just repeating yourself over and over.

You are justifying somebody taking a pot shot from distance or a silly angle rather than laying a player clean through where they are in a better position, but you are lost when I start talking about instances during our games.

So you want me to give you a real life example about something that can't happen because we haven't got the striker for it to happen?
Marvellous.
Tell you what if Robins signs a decent striker in January and the Duck and Jones pass to him in the box more times than they shoot.
Or if Ponti gets a chance and happens to start scoring. When the above then happens with Ponti I will give you those examples.
Ponti by the way has made by far the most intelligent runs of any of our strikers. Without a doubt
Until then unfortunately my ability to go back in time and tell Robins not to sign McNulty so I can change history has escaped me today.

Nick

Administrator
So you want me to give you a real life example about something that can't happen because we haven't got the striker for it to happen?
Marvellous.
Tell you what if Robins signs a decent striker in January and the Duck and Jones pass to him in the box more times than they shoot.
Or if Ponti gets a chance and happens to start scoring. When the above then happens with Ponti I will give you those examples.
Ponti by the way has made by far the most intelligent runs of any of our strikers. Without a doubt
Until then unfortunately my ability to go back in time and tell Robins not to sign McNulty so I can change history has escaped me today.

I am giving you examples of strikers and other players making great runs into perfect positions and other players not even looking up to have a silly shot.

You wouldn't be able to justify anything from the BBC stats.

Can you list Ponticelli's runs last night? McNulty actually made a couple of decent runs and pointed and demanded the ball too and went ape shit when he didn't get it with Duck choosing a silly shot instead.

You can type all of the paragraphs you want and bump what you want, but all you do is make it more and more obvious you haven't got the foggiest when it comes to what is actually happening in our games.

I'm not asking for time travel ability, just for the ability to discuss our football matches.

You tried to say there is no movement so nobody will pass, it was disproved.
You said Jones has scored long rangers, it was disproved..

stupot07

He isn't scoring tap ins and unfortunately he has scored more than those making runs in the boxes. So he fancies himself shooting over them.
Which would not happen as much if there was an out and out goalscorer doing the business there.
Ponti might be that player we will have to wait and see.

You're talking nonsense. They werent tap ins but all 3 goals against notts were from 6-7 yards out max, not 20-25 yards. He's just greedy.

He needs to learn when to release it and when to shoot. It's got nothing to do with whether we have a 20 goal a season striker up front or not.
bd4260b412b524929aad268d2411730f.jpg
c4b53423fa246178b10e73ffa42e05f0.jpg
ff4f2cc013136aa462116d29da06fe63.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread