No More Signings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
3 times McNulty was in a better position last night. Duck didn't look up once and McNulty went mad at him every time.

space3.JPG

space2.JPG

space1.JPG

There was another one earlier on too where McNulty span off his defender and could have been put clean through but Jones shot instead.

space4.jpg

Last edited:

dongonzalos

You're talking nonsense. They werent tap ins but all 3 goals against notts were from 6-7 yards out max, not 20-25 yards. He's just greedy.

He needs to learn when to release it and when to shoot. It's got nothing to do with whether we have a 20 goal a season striker up front or not.
bd4260b412b524929aad268d2411730f.jpg
c4b53423fa246178b10e73ffa42e05f0.jpg
ff4f2cc013136aa462116d29da06fe63.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If believe that if there was a striker banging in goals galore that Jones wouldn't be made to psss to him more than shooting himself.
Then there is not much more I can say.
It defies common sense but I am sure you are right.
I am sure in every club where they have a quality striker banging in goals the rest of the team are not instructed to get the ball to them in and around the box as much as possible.
It's just coincidence that that happens.

Nick

Administrator
If believe that if there was a striker banging in goals galore that Jones wouldn't be made to psss to him more than shooting himself.
I am sure in every club where they have a quality striker banging in goals the rest of the team are not instructed to get the ball to them in and around the box as much as possible.

You are just making things up though, you have no idea what is going on in matches.

Are you now trying to say Robins is instructed them to shoot on sight even if players are in better positions?

dongonzalos

3 times McNulty was in a better position last night. Duck didn't look up once and McNulty went mad at him every time.

View attachment 8173

View attachment 8172

View attachment 8171

There was another one earlier on too where McNulty span off his defender and could have been put clean through but Jones shot instead.

View attachment 8174

Yes that happened
You still don't get my point though.
My point is is that if that was Danny Hylton on his current scoring form. The pass more often than not would be chooses over the shot.
As would have been the case if Mcnukty put away his chances earlier in the season and continued to do so.
At the moment the Duck fancies himself from more than he fancies McNulty to score closer in

Esoterica

Robins has said he is desperate for our strikers to get a goal to get them going, even if it comes off their backside. So do you really think that Robins is instructing Jones and Duck not to pass to them, even if better placed? It's tinfoil hat territory.

dongonzalos

You are just making things up though, you have no idea what is going on in matches.

Are you now trying to say Robins is instructed them to shoot on sight even if players are in better positions?

Jesus you really are full of it.
No I am not saying that. Otherwise that's what I would have said.

However I can play that game are you saying that if Jones crossed more instead of shorting McNulty would be the leagues top scorer?

I am saying what I have been saying so many times it's untrue and you are purposefully not dealing with what I am actually saying because you know it's true.

Nick

Administrator
Jesus you really are full of it.
No I am not saying that. Otherwise that's what I would have said.

However I can play that game are you saying that if Jones crossed more instead of shorting McNulty would be the leagues top scorer?

I am saying what I have been saying so many times it's untrue and you are purposefully not dealing with what I am actually saying because you know it's true.

No, it's because you are making it up FFS and you clearly keep showing yourself to have no idea.

dongonzalos

Robins has said he is desperate for our strikers to get a goal to get them going, even if it comes off their backside. So do you really think that Robins is instructing Jones and Duck not to pass to them, even if better placed? It's tinfoil hat territory.

Where have I said Robins has instructed them to shoot from distance?
Do you really not get the point I am making?
Nick I know it just been argumentative for the sake of it.
However you making this comment now makes me wonder if you are really not getting the point I am making.
However I am not sure how else I can explain it any clearer

Nick

Administrator
Yes that happened
You still don't get my point though.
My point is is that if that was Danny Hylton on his current scoring form. The pass more often than not would be chooses over the shot.
As would have been the case if Mcnukty put away his chances earlier in the season and continued to do so.
At the moment the Duck fancies himself from more than he fancies McNulty to score closer in

They don't even look up to see them there, you can see that they are going to shoot as soon as they get the ball as they have tunnel vision when they do it.

I am talking with facts to disprove your comments, you are then making up random things to try and disprove facts.

Nick

Administrator
What am I making up?
Please explain?

All of the barrel scraping shit you come out with.

Jones is going to shoot as he has scored more from distance so it's ok.
Jones won't pass to certain people as they haven't scored but he would if they were in form.

If it was me being argumentative for the sake of it, there wouldn't be multiple people proving you wrong over and over with facts after you say things that show you don't have a clue. So you have resorted to make up what ifs, rather than the whats actually happening in games.

Nick

Administrator
Where have I said Robins has instructed them to shoot from distance?
Do you really not get the point I am making?
Nick I know it just been argumentative for the sake of it.
However you making this comment now makes me wonder if you are really not getting the point I am making.
However I am not sure how else I can explain it any clearer

Because you don't have a point, unless it's to keep showing you have no idea about our matches and want to make random theories up to disprove facts after you get proven wrong.

steve82

It's really time to wake up and smell the coffee with JJ. He's undoubtedly got talent pace and trickery that scares the life out of most opposition players but currently he's not impacting games in a constructive way.

At the minute JJ is like the kid in the side who thinks he's better than everyone else and won't pass preferring to take on 4/5 players than pass when he's come to a stand still or "have a go"

1) his set pieces are shocking and often hits the wall.
2) his corners rarely beat the first man
3) his shots are often weak, scuffed and wasted
4) his decision making is very poor.
5) he's no team player and it's to the sides detriment by going solo
6) his movement is too predictable and easily marked out of games.

Now if he's doubled up on like he is more often or not why not look for the pass rather than go through them. Grimmer is always calling for it when doubling up on the right to support him.

It's time for a rest, he's still very young and learning but a spell on the side is needed to refocus on his job.

Bertola

View attachment 8173

View attachment 8172

View attachment 8171

View attachment 8174

That Second one Nick, McNulty had a right go at Duck after he shot.... However, he had passed the ball to Duck, passing up an opportunity to shoot himself. the chance came after we won the ball back after McNulty again passed up a chance to shoot and lost the ball

fernandopartridge

You are a clueless clown

Robccfc87

If there was a striker banging in goals galore we wouldn't be having this conversation!!

dongonzalos

That Second one Nick, McNulty had a right go at Duck after he shot.... However, he had passed the ball to Duck, passing up an opportunity to shoot himself. the chance came after we won the ball back after McNulty again passed up a chance to shoot and lost the ball

McNulty's confidence is gone hence why he is passing when he should be shooting.
When he set Ponti for his goal up the day. FairPlay but he really should have shot. That's why strikers do when their confidence is low.

Grendel

You keep posting links to the telegraph, you keep trying to use what other people say but you can't use your own examples?

How can he - he doesn't go to games.

Nick

Administrator
McNulty's confidence is gone hence why he is passing when he should be shooting.
When he set Ponti for his goal up the day. FairPlay but he really should have shot. That's why strikers do when their confidence is low.

Why would he have shot? He was at an awkward angle and Ponti was in a perfect position for a tap in.

walsall.JPG

Maybe if our other players looked up for others in space and great positions rather than shooting every time with tunnel vision we would get more goals.

If that was Duck or Jones, 9/10 times they would have shot. I'd take one of our players taking out 3 opposition players with a pass to put another clean in like that every day of the week over a shot that 7 out of 10 times will miss.

Common sense really. You just keep showing yourself up over and over when you try to talk about football.

It's like me going on a Star Wars forum having not seen any of them and trying to argue with them about things that happen in them based on what I have seen other people say about it.

dongonzalos

Why would he have shot? He was at an awkward angle and Ponti was in a perfect position for a tap in.

View attachment 8180

Maybe if our other players looked up for others in space and great positions rather than shooting every time with tunnel vision we would get more goals.

If that was Duck or Jones, 9/10 times they would have shot. I'd take one of our players taking out 3 opposition players with a pass to put another clean in like that every day of the week over a shot that 7 out of 10 times will miss.

Common sense really. You just keep showing yourself up over and over when you try to talk about football.

It's like me going on a Star Wars forum having not seen any of them and trying to argue with them about things that happen in them based on what I have seen other people say about it.

A striker on form would have shot no question.
You just keep scrapping the barrel.
It worked out ok as Ponti scored.

Nick

Administrator

How is it scraping the barrel?

Every time you try to talk about football you get proven wrong. Every time you post you prove more and more you haven't got a clue about what's happening during our matches.

Grendel

lol you don't scrape the barrel you look underneath

Clueless.

dongonzalos

How is it scraping the barrel?

Every time you try to talk about football you get proven wrong. Every time you post you prove more and more you haven't got a clue about what's happening during our matches.

Yep proven wrong again.
By saying that we needed a better striker right at the start of the season.
Yep totally wrong on that front.
Wrong yet again.
I think you are right our strikers are just dandy it’s the rest of the teams fault

Nick

Administrator
Yep proven wrong again.
By saying that we needed a better striker right at the start of the season.
Yep totally wrong on that front.
Wrong yet again.
I think you are right our strikers are just dandy it’s the rest of the teams fault

By pointing out that we aren't providing decent enough service for the strikers with facts, examples, screenshots etc. If only you could do the same back.

Is this where you start on your post after post without actually saying anything?

dongonzalos

By pointing out that we aren't providing decent enough service for the strikers with facts, examples, screenshots etc. If only you could do the same back.

Is this where you start on your post after post without actually saying anything?

Our strikers have missed chances throughout the season.
A better striker who is scoring goals would be sought out more by the other players.
If you don’t understand that teams tend to try and find the striker on form as much as then can. Then it’s not easy to debate this. As that is a really simple fact of football.
When we had Robbie Keane we got the ball to him as much as we could. When we had DMC. We did the same. Dion Dublin. Adam Armstrong. Calum Wilson. Leon Clarke.
At the beginning of the season Mcnulty wasn’t clinical.
Mcnukty’s form is now shot.
I can’t say it any simpler.
You think that if the other players passed to them more they would be ok.
I disagree Mcnulty and Beavon are not clinical. They are players who should play with someone who is clinical.
Robins will sign someone in January who can do the job.

Nick

Administrator
Our strikers have missed chances throughout the season.
A better striker who is scoring goals would be sought out more by the other players.
If you don’t understand that teams tend to try and find the striker on form as much as then can. Then it’s not easy to debate this. As that is a really simple fact of football.
When we had Robbie Keane we got the ball to him as much as we could. When we had DMC. We did the same. Dion Dublin. Adam Armstrong. Calum Wilson. Leon Clarke.
At the beginning of the season Mcnulty wasn’t clinical.
Mcnukty’s form is now shot.
I can’t say it any simpler.
You think that if the other players passed to them more they would be ok.
I disagree Mcnulty and Beavon are not clinical. They are players who should play with someone who is clinical.
Robins will sign someone in January who can do the job.

Which chances would Armstrong have scored the other night?

It's all well and good keep listing what ifs and maybes but you aren't actually disproving anything.

You are trying to patronise somebody who is giving you highlights with arrows on to back themselves up, you are using BBC stats without seeing the game.

Users who are viewing this thread