No stadiums in London?

Discussion in 'Wasps' started by chiefdave, Aug 19, 2016.

1. chiefdave

chiefdave Well-Known Member

Remember that old chestnut. Well according to the lovers of odd shaped balls at my companies HQ London Irish could be about to move back to London from Reading.

They are apparently looking to move into Brentford's new ground. Now correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we told this was one of the locations looked at by Wasps but that it was an impossible move for them to make?

This follows London Welsh moving back to London from Oxford and they are apparently looking into a new stadium as well.

2. Terry Gibson's perm

Terry Gibson's perm Well-Known Member

These would not have been suitable for London Wasps as they wont have a council that was desperate to give them anything like this useless one is, London city of Rugby doesn't have that ring to it.

3. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

Thing is, surely you would think that they would WANT to be back in London wouldn't they?

They talk of wanting to be the biggest team in Europe or even the World! Hardly going to do that from Coventry I would have thought.

Not defending them or sticking up for them, but surely common sense would be to be as close to London as humanly possible.

London is the centre of the universe to so many people.

Coventry is my home and I was born here and I do try and stick up for the place, but I can't think for a minute we are ever going to have the biggest rugby team in Europe or the world here.

4. Terry Gibson's perm

Terry Gibson's perm Well-Known Member

Biggest team in a minority sport, they could and should have moved in with West Ham but they obviously wanted ownership so they could do as Sisu would have and mortgaged it.

5. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

If this had been mooted on here over two years ago, that a rugby team intended to come to Coventry and then become the biggest rugby club on the planet we would have all cracked our sides laughing.

London is the place to be, not Coventry. It is laughable really.

6. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

You don't have to be in London to be a big rugby club.